National Society of Leadership and Success Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charles Knippen

1. "Chapter support manager"

Former Employee - Chapter Support Manager in Hoboken, NJ

Pros

Great managers, great leadership and great money if you'd do your job. Great benefits and if you work hard like I did nothing beats the commission.

Cons

No cons I can think of. Everyone you work with is great. If you are there to work and do your job you will have a great time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job you guys treat everyone fare and are great bosses. I wouldn't be wear I am today with out you. P.S don't be scared to be harder on the ones who are slacking off at work, they need a kick in the rear end too.

2. "A great place to work and grow into your career"

Current Employee - Chapter Support Manager in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Chapter Support Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at National Society of Leadership and Success full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview, hiring, and training process at The Society have been nothing short of enjoyable. The team goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. All employees have been so helpful and insightful while making sure all of the tools you need to succeed are at your disposal. There is a tremendous amount of room for growth and success within the society. Coming from a different industry, I was concerned that I would be the odd man out with a large learning curve. That was not the case at all, everyone jumped in and offered advice and help. The benefits and perks of the job are unlike any that I have seen.

Cons

I have yet to experience any cons with the company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You provide a very happy and comfortable work environment for your employees.

"A Great Place to Grow!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at National Society of Leadership and Success full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before coming into The National Society of Leadership and Success, I truly believed that there was no such place of employment out there that would allow me to grow professionally and individually. To my surprise I have found that there is definitely room for growth inside of this organization. Being here for under 2 years I was able to gain great experience while serving as a Chapter Support Manager, all while training and developing to be placed into a Leadership role inside of The NSLS. The NSLS not only gives you the room to grow, but they make you feel valued as an employee. What I enjoy most about the company is “the people”. The culture is nothing like I have ever seen before. Everyone here brings something valuable to the table which makes you feel like you are a part of something greater. As the organization continues to grow, our team continues to grow along with the opportunities inside of it.

Cons

Working towards your metrics can be viewed as a downside to many, however you are given the tools necessary inside of training and development to assist you in achieving those goals.

Advice to Management

I have learned so much from my current Director. She believed in my abilities from the very beginning which have given me the opportunity to grow within the organization. I would say, keep up the great work while believing in your team and giving them that room to be creative and grow not only within the organization but within themselves.

Aug 25, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this very positive review. Providing our team members room for both professional and personal growth, as well as a positive culture are very important to us ... More

"Excellent Opportunities & A Fun Work environment"

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at National Society of Leadership and Success full-time

Pros

The Society is in growth-mode, so for those who have the initiative and produce, there are opportunities to flex creative muscles and work on various projects in order to take the next step in career progression.

Everyone here works pretty hard, which is great and you would think it would lead to a stressed out environment, but it doesn't. It's one of the funnest and most inclusive career environments I've been a part of. The culture is awesome and you see countless people develop lasting professional networks and even friendships through working here.

Leaders of the organization truly care. Any problem that arises with an employee is painstakingly discussed in order to find the best possible way towards supporting an individual's success. Failure is not really an option in that people care so much, you don't even feel a lack of support. People here are flexible in how they manage and truly get work/life balance.

For those that have been here a year, you also get to work from home 1 day a week. That's awesome, particularly considering other places not only make you dress formally, but also come in 5 days a week.

Cons

The only real con probably comes up for those that can't handle a flexible and growing environment. There's always clear cut strategies here developed closely by department leaders, but sometimes they change as we learn better paths. There are a lot of new directions, which is great for folks who are careerists because it bring new opportunities. For those that are inflexible, then this could be a challenge. Even still, the organization works hard to make sure those that don't absolutely dive head-first into change are heard and comfortable with new directions.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and making an impact!

"Room to grow and learn!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at National Society of Leadership and Success (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for The National Society of Leadership and Success was an overall wonderful experience.

The BEST part for me personally was the entrepreneurial/start-up environment. In most of the positions, there are many avenues and ways that roles can grow and evolve over time. During my time at the Society, I essentially worked 3 different positions. I did better in some than I did in others and I can honestly say that upper level management gave me the room to explore and decide how I felt about each one. I also felt they genuinely saw my natural potential and strengths and tried to take them into account in each position to give me the possibility to be as successful as I could be.

They of course also offer your typical pros like vacation time, virtual work schedule (once earned), an hour and a half lunch time to enjoy a gym very nearby (overall they promote a healthy lifestyle) and general team building initiatives. Even though I left my full-time position with the Society years ago, I stayed on as a consultant for many years afterward and have enjoyed keeping in touch with so many of my co-workers and watching things grow and evolve over time.

Cons

The company requires a high level of self-motivation which may be a turn-off to some (it wasn't to me).

Some roles require a high level of travel throughout the year (but that is disclosed up front).

Metrics are apparent in almost every role and employees ARE held accountable. I don't personally do well with metrics so I suppose that could be a con to some.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and growing! It has been jaw-dropping to watch the company and all that is has accomplished over the past few years! Keep up the good work and keep hiring those superstars!

Aug 1, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

We're glad that you had such a positive experience during your time at the Society. Providing our team members room for internal growth, as well as a fantastic culture are very important to us ... More

"One Of The Best Companies In New Jersey To Work For!"

Former Employee - Chapter Support Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at National Society of Leadership and Success full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros there are lots of them! The National Society of Leadership & Success is on a pathway to much success in business. They have found a way to have a very sensible and attainable pathway to honors for hardworking students at college campuses all across this country. It's very nice to see how they promote from within and let you share your goals and aspirations with them so they may help you to achieve.

The working environment is probably their number one goal and they do a great job delivering. The hiring process is intense and it shows as each and every one of my co-workers were the most wonderful, smart and professional human beings. The amount of care, concern, learning & help everyone around me showed was very appreciated.

Great benefits, a really nice amount of time off and some extra perks were wonderful. I would highly recommend this company to work for.

Cons

Only worked for The National Society of Leadership & Success for a short time but I can't see any Cons that would have arisen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job of listening to your employees and evolving based on feedback just like you have been doing. Keep up the warmth and understanding when situations arise. You are doing a great job.

Aug 1, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for leaving such a positive review, particularly about the opportunity for internal growth and our culture. We're glad that you had such a positive experience during your time at the ... More

7. "A Great Place to Start & Explore"

Former Employee - Chapter Support Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Chapter Support Manager in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Positive mission to serve
    Excellent peer/colleague culture
    Opportunity to utilize and develop strong communication, facilitation, and public speaking skills
    Opportunity to travel and connect with students and professionals throughout the country

Cons

Like many young organizations, the Society is still working towards identifying and clarifying direction, as well as structure in roles and organizational goals and initiatives

Advice to Management

Work towards creating new roles and opportunities to encourage skill, passion alignment, development and organizational longevity

Aug 1, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to read that you had a positive experience during your time at the Society. We wish you continued career success.

"Experience Review"

Former Employee - Higher Education Leadership Manager in Oakland, NJ
    Former Employee - Higher Education Leadership Manager in Oakland, NJ

I worked at National Society of Leadership and Success (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom, youthful environment, fun work activities, good hours.

Cons

No room to be creative, basically you are given a set of directions and a script of things to say and not to say. The company provides false promise, false commission promise and tells you that their is a wide range of opportunities for growth but even after years of seeing employees who stayed with the company no one moved from their position. Management is manipulative and dishonest.

Jul 7, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to read that you felt there was freedom, great hours and fun work activities during your time with the Society. Providing a positive ... More

"If you have passion and drive - this company is for you."

Former Employee - Director of Communications in Hoboken, NJ
    Former Employee - Director of Communications in Hoboken, NJ

I worked at National Society of Leadership and Success full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission of the Society applies every day to each employee and the jobs they do. It is a small office, so each day is different, with the potential to learn more than you did the day before. The staff is dedicated, hard working, self reliant, innovative and team oriented. Truly some of the best people I've ever worked with in my career. They are young and bright and welcoming. The work is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

You must be self disciplined and able to prioritize. There is so much to be done, and not enough hours in the day. Not necessarily a con, just a statement of fact. With so much innovation and new ideas, it is easy to be caught up in the "shiny new object", and put the bread and butter on the back burner.

Advice to Management

Let your eagles soar - your hiring practices are strong and so are your employees!

"NSLS is all about getting it done and making it fun. It's rewarding because of its mission."

Current Employee - Coordinator in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at National Society of Leadership and Success full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It has a great founder and chief visionary (Gary Tuerack) and President (Charles Knippen) who have big hearts but have high standards for the performance of their employees. They are smart entrepreneurs with a lot of ambition and drive to grow the organization because they really want to make a positive impact in the world.
    The organization supports a healthy work/life balance but with a stronger emphasis on work.
    They are google like. Offer free snacks and provides discounts to local gym membership which comes with extra time to go to the gym during lunch time.
    Company really wants each employee to be happy and grow professionally.

Cons

You have to earn the trust before you are given more responsibilities. You have to go above and beyond your role if you want to be promoted.
    Compensation can be challenging, you must demonstrate your value.

Advice to Management

Reduce expectations to avoid burnout. People work so hard to hit metrics and once hit them, it is expected that they beat them next year.