National Student Clearinghouse Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Ricardo D. Torres

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is such a wonderful work environment with a strong emphasis on work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• NSC has a great benefits package, solid management and room to grow a career (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Favoritism, nepotism, limited career path (in 3 reviews)

• We have a new management team across many departments (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great benefits and room to grow!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at National Student Clearinghouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NSC has a great benefits package, solid management and room to grow a career.

Cons

Working for a not-for-profit means much smaller income for the work completed.

2. "There is one great surprise after another."

Current Employee - Director in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Herndon, VA

I have been working at National Student Clearinghouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very generous benefits. Casual dress, lots of promotional opportunities. Wellness program with free gym membership. Nice people.

Cons

Some people who don't carry their weight. Whiners who have been there too long to know what goes on the in the real world.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Challenge your people more - they have capacity and want to make a difference.

3. "Great company for entry level position"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Pros

very laid back atmosphere
    good work life balance
    great benefits
    awesome events (frequently)

Cons

turnover rate is high
    hard to move up in the company (but they are actively working on changing that)

Advice to Management

keep progressing, you guys are doing a great job

4. "Working at NSC was extremely motivating and gratifying due to the executive management's vision and innovation."

Former Employee - Regional Director in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Regional Director in Herndon, VA

I worked at National Student Clearinghouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is highly organized and has an established client base. Training and overall corporate infrastructure exists, making the workplace a great pleasure.

Cons

IT resources are slightly limited. This is more of a hinderance internally as external IT needs and solutions take a higher priority.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. The success thus far is a product of the fine executive management skills the "C" levels have.

"Great culture for a not-for-profit!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at National Student Clearinghouse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Clearinghouse offers a great working environment and robust benefits. It's a friendly atmosphere that enables employees to network with others by offering many fun employee-focused events like an annual family picnic, annual dinner, and in office events to celebrate cultures and successes. Employees are mission-driven and the services the Clearinghouse offers are meaningful.

Cons

Promotional opportunities don't happen as frequently as they do in large organizations.

Advice to Management

Keep shifting the culture towards innovation and excellence!

6. "Great company filled with good people working together to bring meaningful changes to important areas of education"

Current Employee - Manager in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Herndon, VA

Pros

All levels staff are committed to fulfilling the organization's mission of service to the education community. Management regularly invests in career development and training opportunities for staff. 401k match is probably best in the area, and other benefits are excellent. Casual, friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Typical growth pains for an evolving organization (e.g., some technical and staffing challenges), but that's also where opportunity is often found.

Advice to Management

Need to continue and improve prioritization against limited resources. It's an ongoing challenge, but definitely not unique to this organization.

"Wonderful Company"

I have been working at National Student Clearinghouse full-time

Pros

The CEO makes the satisfaction of his employees a top priority. It is so refreshing to work for a company where they place so much focus on the satisfaction of their staff. They go above and beyond with ice cream socials, company picnics, LL Bean gift cards, recognition programs, etc. to make people feel appreciated. People actually like being at work here! It is such a wonderful work environment with a strong emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a con.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management. I think they're doing a stellar job.

8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at National Student Clearinghouse full-time

Pros

Great People, cool benefits, awesome culture. A place where one can work and enjoy the precious time of life. Organization is going through learning common language and slowly organization is reaching to a point that you feel it as family and not as a work place. Not sure if I can ever depart myself from this wonderful place to work.

Cons

Not any significant issue which is worth mentioning. Any company has problems and they are normal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great work you started few years back. It is working, Company is getting better every year. Great Job!

9. "Awsome Place to work!"

Pros

Great mission! Feels like a family. Very collaborative. Very fast paced and dynamic. Lots of new business opportunities. Able to make a significant contribution and impact to the company.

Cons

With so many business opportunities, setting priorities is a challenge.

National Student Clearinghouse Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for choosing the National Student Clearinghouse as your employer, and your feedback! We look forward to your future contributions!

"Great company with great benefits"

I worked at National Student Clearinghouse full-time

Pros

fun staff and environment with great benefits and 401k

Cons

repetitive work at entry level

National Student Clearinghouse Response

Jan 25, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your feedback! NSC is glad to hear that you thought our culture and environment were fun and that you appreciated our benefit offerings! We strive to create an inviting culture, and our... More