National Urban League "non profit" Reviews | Glassdoor

National Urban League Employee Reviews about "non profit"

Updated 9 Apr 2019

Found 60 reviews

3.5
National Urban League CEO Marc H. Morial (no image)
Marc H. Morial
Pros
Cons
  • "I worked in an office with high turnover, but most other departments in the company were not like this(in 3 reviews)

• "Because it is a non profit organization salaries and job stability are very dependent on the amount of funding available from year to year(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "non profit"

Return to all Reviews

"Great population, Decent organization, Horrible foundation"

in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Urban League

Pros

The work we do in the community feels good and we are making a difference. A lot of employees here have great intentions.

Cons

The benefits are horrible and promotions are based on favoritism. The pay is about average of what you would expect from a smaller non profit, but raises are almost non existent. Communication leaves much to be desired. The foundation is extremely shaky. No direct deposit and limited quality professional development. No real HR department.

Advice to Management

Find better benefits. Truly listen to direct service staff. Get a strong HR department so that grievances can be addressed appropriately. Sometimes there is fear of retaliation if grievances go above certain managements' heads.

National Urban League2018-12-27
  2. "its ok low pay good people"

in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at National Urban League

Pros

easy working you get to help your community

Cons

low pay but its a non profit

Advice to Management

pay more

National Urban League2016-04-28
  3. "Great organization that has a great mission. Very supportive working environment, just like a family!"

I have been working at National Urban League

Pros

The ability to help those in need and the flexibility to get things done the way you think is best

National Urban League2013-07-31