Natori Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Josie C. Natori

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice family business"

I worked at Natori full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Owner is very inspiring , kind and strong business woman. Product is beautiful . Many long time employees 10+yrs

Cons

Product pricing and distribution can limit sales . Acceptance of change hard for long time employees which makes it very hard for new employees to be part of the team..

2. "overwhelming for no pay"

I worked at Natori full-time

Pros

Since this is a small family owned company it is easier to have a hands on learning experience

Cons

This office was like a black hole that sucked the soul out of many who worked there and many who are still there! Long hours for pennies very hard to have a work life balance. The Company is set in their ways and seems as if they have no desire to update and move forward.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to make the office environment pleasant to come to.

3. "Little to no perks in relation to hours works"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Natori full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can get $6 fur coats

Cons

The most advanced piece of software they have is Illustrator 5 (released in 1993). Middle management has no idea what they want and constantly changes their mind. Forces interns to do menial tasks for hours on end.

Advice to Management

Make up your mind.

Natori Response

Jun 19, 2017 – VP of Finance

Given the challenging retail landscape, The Natori Company must be nimble to react promptly to evolving business requirements. As such, our business priorities must be re-evaluated constantly to... More

4. "Good place to work but...."

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Great for internship, learn what goes into a design job. Paid internship.

Cons

Internships should really be assistant jobs and paid hourly.

Advice to Management

Hire a few assistant positions.

5. "Marketing"

I have been working at Natori full-time

Pros

I love the team at Natori. There's a sense of family at the offices of Natori and everyone wants to help the company succeed. The family ties come from Josie and her son who work side by side so it has this sense of family, home, and teamwork knitted into everyone's jobs. It was a pleasure working there and I learned a lot.

Cons

There were times a lot of people's roles got mixed up with different departments so often jobs were left to people who were not responsible for those responsibilities. The mix up of communication as a result was tiresome. Jobs were left undone and then expected to be completed by someone completely unrelated to that job type.

Advice to Management

Communicate with more clarity on what's to be expected

"One big revolving door into the 90's"

Former Employee - Product Development in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Development in New York, NY

Pros

It’s a fine place to start a job if you are directly out of college if you need one...

Cons

I knew it was a bad sign when they spelled the job title wrong on my offer letter. I knew it was an even worse sign when the most meaningful conversation I had with my “boss” was about SpongeBob (YES…the cartoon I haven’t seen in over a decade that they love to watch)…but I knew something was NOT right when I was told one week in that I was the THIRD person to have my job in 3 months.

With one month in there were weekly “going away parties” as in people quitting. In the lingerie industry this company is known as a revolving door and I thought I could maybe help change it but it’s absolutely a lost cause. The whole company is off balance. Most people show up whenever they feel like it and others are stuck staying late every single day and doing menial tasks that modern technology usually does because they have “processes” from the 90’s they have never changed. Lunch breaks do not exist and you ARE NOT allowed to wear jeans-ever…which is the opposite of big corporations and a VERY outdated dress code.

Having everyone dressed up 24/7 is an awkward illusion that everything is luxurious and in order, when being in the company you find mostly everyone to be new, inexperienced, very unprofessional, with tacky taste levels. The office is so small and messy on the second floor you will overhear people talking trash about each other, over trash.

It’s a fine place to start a job if you are directly out of college but if you need one but don’t stay too long and pick up their bad habits. For those who are mid to senior in your career…stay away, you have nothing to gain if you have worked for a serious, modern company before. This place is a career killer that makes everything difficult, miserable, and frustrating.

Advice to Management

Your senior management constantly creates problems in order to keep their own jobs relevant. Don’t lie to people and say you have an admin team when you don’t or say that you have “restructured” when you haven’t for a long time. Don’t get anyone else involved with your company from anywhere else until you have clearly defined everyone’s roles instead of letting people do whatever they want.

"Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Fashion Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Fashion Designer in New York, NY

Pros

People are, overall, respectful of one another and great at what they do. They're all eager to make sure that everyone's part of the team. Mrs. Natori is so inspiring.

Cons

You can tell that they'd benefit from hiring more full-time employees. Sometimes hours are far too long.

"This company is a great "Learning Block" to the industry"

I have been working at Natori full-time

Pros

Great learning experience if you are fresh out of college or if this is your first job.

Cons

Little room for growth since it is a small company

9. "Absolutely loved it"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Lots of transparency to see how the different departments are run. Very good working relationship with all employees in the various departments. Unified work ethic to improve the overall Natori brand.

Cons

I interned prior to2010. It was a very small company so it was not always as well recognized compared to its competitors.

10. "Small family company, very little room for professional growth."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Very nice employees, good working environment.

Cons

Salary,lOng hours, High turnover rate

Advice to Management

provide more options for professional growth. Provide more challenges so work doesn't lose excitement.