Natural Factors Reviews | Glassdoor

Natural Factors Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

Found 74 reviews

3.3
Natural Factors CEO Roland Gahler  (no image)
Roland Gahler
Pros
  • "Great People, Good location, Employee appreciation benefits, ability to learn new things(in 4 reviews)

• "I understand overhead is a factor but instead of wasting money on appreciation events and lunches I’m sure employees would prefer cash bonuses(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There has been high turnover rates(in 3 reviews)

• "A desire to "keep it close to the vest" helps no one get things done(in 3 reviews)

"Sales"

I have been working at Natural Factors full-time

Pros

I love the diversity of the Company - that they manufacture all of their own products with very strict quality control. I felt confident selling the brand knowing what goes into making the product. Also really think the farms are outstanding. Pretty cool to be able to actually see where some of the raw materials come from. A lot of long term employees - people really care about each other.

Cons

Management slow to make decisions and processes sometimes over complicated. Also at times, high expectations with unrealistic time lines

Natural Factors2016-02-12
  2. "Excellent team environment"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Natural Factors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent team environment, patient and understanding leaders, invested employees.

Cons

Lacking in structure- but this is improving.

Natural Factors2019-09-09
  3. "Great company but very young"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Nikiski, AK

I worked at Natural Factors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent manager, supportive employee environment, beautiful place to live, and amazing business plan.

Cons

Messy/smelly work, poor safety culture, high turnover, and very isolated.

Advice to Management

Spend more money preventing problems (this will save you money in the long run), and hire more locals.

Natural Factors2019-01-17

"Worst job ever"

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Monroe, WA

I worked at Natural Factors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of hours. Clean nothing else

Cons

They don’t care if your literally working so sick you could possibly die. The pickers will group up and lie to your supervisor to get you fired if your not Hispanic. Harassment issues were just ignored.

Advice to Management

Watch what is actually goin on down on the floor instead of just sitting in your office all day. Actually investigate things that are brought up

Natural Factors2019-01-17

"Great place to grow along with the company."

I have been working at Natural Factors full-time

Pros

They take good care of their employees. Everyone is extremely nice and its a great work environment. My boss in particular takes great care to make sure I am learning and growing and gives me the opportunity to take on new challenges.

Cons

Its a growing company so there are some adjustments that need to be made in some of the processes to accommodate the needs of the company.

Natural Factors2018-07-24

"Not A Company I would Recommend"

Current Employee - Order Picker in Monroe, WA

I have been working at Natural Factors full-time for less than a year

Pros

there are no PROS with this company

Cons

They Schedule you against your availability, treat you like an outsider. They Lie to cover there own. The set up is totally unethical and they don't care for their Newer Employees they don't treat you with respect but discrimminate

Advice to Management

Maybe take into consideration that issues in life happen, think about others and how it would be in their shoes.

Natural Factors2018-02-20

"A place where dreams go to die"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Monroe, WA

I worked at Natural Factors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Maybe co-workers. Starting pay is a couple dollars more than minimum wage but it’s a pretty low ceiling compared to what the company brings in . I understand overhead is a factor but instead of wasting money on appreciation events and lunches I’m sure employees would prefer cash bonuses. Pretty decent PTO after first year.

Cons

Low pay ceiling. Maybe a dollar a year raise if you’re lucky. Also maybe co workers . A lot of gossip and backstabbing seems to happen here. Nice to your face but speak poorly about you behind your back . Also favoritism is pretty rampant here especially if you’re of a certain religion.

Advice to Management

Give employees more incentive to progress . It’s a dead end job for a lot of people. Also give new hires a fighting chance .. pretty sure you could get in trouble with some of the practices I’ve seen.

Natural Factors2018-01-05

"Listen to your employees!"

I have been working at Natural Factors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met some great people here.

Cons

The clicks are insane here. Issues with illegal alien employees. Favoritism from management.

Advice to Management

Speak with your employees. Get to know your staff. Don't stick your head in the sand on issues that deflate moral.

Natural Factors2017-12-23

"Not just a paycheck"

I have been working at Natural Factors full-time

Pros

It means a lot to me that I can feel good about what I do. I really believe we make a difference with our supplements by improving the lives of others. Love the people I work with. Stable company which means a lot to me with a family. Lots of opportunity for growth.

Cons

It's always very busy which is a good sign but can get tiring - great teamwork makes all the difference.

Advice to Management

More frequent updates about new things that the company is doing. More opportunity for departments to connect.

Natural Factors2017-11-07

"Be careful....."

I worked at Natural Factors full-time

Pros

Great facility, production workers are wonderful

Cons

Terrible leadership, they are so focused on the main goal that they forgot how to treat people along the way.

Advice to Management

Remember that it’s not ok to be disrespectful to your employees, treat everyone as an equal.

Natural Factors2017-10-13