Naturex Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Naturex CEO Olivier Rigaud
Olivier Rigaud

"Full-time exempt employee"

I have been working at Naturex full-time

Pros

Future is looking bright.
    More internal opportunities for advancement
    Improved communication
    Excellent benefits package
    Good work-life balance
    Management is moving in the right direction!

Cons

Naturex needed improvement internally in the past, but the recently new management that was hired is getting us on track I think it is an exciting time for Naturex

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Great and exciting growth company"

Current Employee - Employee South Hackensack in South Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Employee South Hackensack in South Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Naturex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has embarqued on a major strategic plan intitiative and we start to see some significant but positive changes.
    There is a huge growth opportunity in the natural ingredient space and many development opportunities for people willing to go for the extra mile.

Cons

Still lacking processes but getting better , need to watch out not to kill the entrepreneurial mindset , too many intiatives going on and risk of overload . Lack of carreer planning but we understand from HR this is in progress.

Advice to Management

keep agile and nimble way to do business , think customer first

"Account Manager"

Pros

Health Insurance
    Improved Work-life balance
    Many responsabilities at early stage of career
    Freedom to manage own work responsabilities

Cons

Compensation package
    Not enough trainings and structured feedbacks

"NO ONE get pays even close to market level"

Former Employee - Supply Chain Planner in South Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Planner in South Hackensack, NJ

I worked at Naturex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To be honest, the only pro working at naturex was the health insurance and the agility to learn at a face pace, this good be good why? You have it to add to your resume, which will give you a big kick in your next job and big boost in salary. That's the only pro I promise you.

Cons

Salary is similar to that of a third world sweat shop, and this is for everyone that works there, except for sales given that the more they sell the more they make. Everyone complains here, about their salary. You work through your lunch time just to make an extra change because you have bills and family. You constantly worry how will you pay the next bill, because the check is just not enough, but you still get up and go to work and do your best. You complain to your boss about your salary, only to hear yea..that's what everyone would want, not realizing they are losing good talent because they have families and responsibilities. NEWS FLASH NATUREX AMERICA IS EXPENSIVE TO LIVE! I had no choice but to leave, as well as many many many other who leaves before and after me. Instead of telling their employees they will do better, they instead lament on how people go on glassdoor and complain. oh and there is no work life balance, your new...no introduction lunch, or formal introduction to anyone. What they don't realize these are for the most part college educates people, who will continues to leave, thankfully we the Americans don't require a visa, so we leave as we please for a better salary, to be worthy acknowledged, and appreciated.

Advice to Management

Stop hire new college grad to be managers, because they cannot manage, they ask their staff a million questions.why? Because they don't know what they are doing.

You must increase salary naturex or else people will continue to leave, they have bills and responsibilities, not only college educated as well.

Offer work life balance, let managers reward their team with lunch or dinners team building.

Stop allow managers to take credit offer credit to staff as well.

"Good place to learn, can't be a long term job with the current situation"

Former Employee - Support Function in South Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Support Function in South Hackensack, NJ

I worked at Naturex full-time

Pros

- Great diversity of backgrounds and origins among the employees.
    - Lots to opportunities to learn.
    - Great opportunity for juniors to be exposed to more responsibilities and challenges than they would in a bigger company.
    - Good benefits (health, vacations).
    - Usually flexible when time off needed.
    - Business is good and Naturex is recognized as one of the major suppliers.
    - Situation in NJ has been improving in the last couple years in terms of hiring, more experienced local hires were created for key positions.
    - Safety at work is a priority.
    - Possibilities of transferring to other sites in the US and/or countries if motivated

Cons

- Business is good but the company grew too fast compared to its capabilities (means to do the job haven't changed much and staffing keeps being an issue).
    - Salaries way below the market.
    - Work/Life balance suffers from the lack of organization.
    - HR policy unclear and not consistent through the group.
    - Lack of communication from headquarters to the different satellite sites.
    - Too many top managers/directors still think and act the way they used to when Naturex was a small company, and with that comes a lack of management and work relationship skills.
    - One of the main issues of the NJ site is the way Sales are controlling decisions made in this facility. Little to no respect for support functions and the way they work together. Will ignore processes to cut corners. It's sad to see how quick profit prevails over quality and innovation.

Advice to Management

- Focus on the people - salaries, training (for staff and management).
    - Act to limit the turn-over - patience of current employees is wearing thin.
    - Give more room for decision to the local managers.
    - Define clear goals in each department - with clear responsibilities, less room for endless haggling.
    - Get a better grasp of the local specificities and find the right balance of expats/locals - the French bashing is getting old at some point.
    - The situation could quickly turn to a positive environment if a re-assessment is performed and a few adjustments done...

"Better don't waste your time if you have high goals and potential"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Naturex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Not so strict with times on arrival and leave
    *Good package of benefits
    *Open to negotiate salary, wage increase, working schedules
    *Excellent place to learn a lot

Cons

*Payment under the market
    *Few opportunities if you are not French
    *Don't share information even if it is crucial for making your job
    *Lack of communication and good management practicies
    *The supply chain is that messy that it doesn't allow you to make your job properly
    *Managers often don't help solving the core issues and the snowballs grows up and up

Advice to Management

Acquisition of good management practices and taking care more of the employees because it is very easy to leave and go to another better paid company.

Naturex Response

Mar 15, 2016 – Recruitment and Training Manager

Dear employee, Thank you for your comment. The Executive Committee grants a particular importance to internal communication with the goal of informing employees about Naturex news through ... More

"Naturex"

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Hackensack, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in South Hackensack, NJ

I worked at Naturex full-time

Pros

Excellent place to learn a lot

Cons

Payment under the market - Managers often don't help solving the core issues and the snowballs grows up and up

Advice to Management

need to be more customer service oriented

"Had to Get Out"

Former Employee - Administrative/Customer Service in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative/Customer Service in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Naturex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Health Benefits at a low cost for a family - which is great because you can't afford to pay more!

Cons

I worked here for two and a half years. In the beginning it was great and there were some great people in the office. As time went on the demands for the job increased and the pay didn't. Demands and people became unreasonable. I felt like I was being abused by other people that worked there and there was no relief except to leave the job. I liked my boss but they were in another state entirely and hard to connect with. When I was hired I was told that there was room to advance but after I started I realized that was a lie to get people through the door.
    They take too long to react to anything. Promises were not kept. Very tense environment. Departments were pitted against each other instead of working together. Everyone was looking for someone else to blame for their mistakes. The stress took its toll and took it's toll mentally and physically. Leaving there was like a cloud lifted. No more 12 hour days, no more yelling and backstabbing.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage. Learn how to react to a situation quickly. Make a handbook to follow (I was told they were working on one the ENTIRE time I was working there), make visits to other locations, teach teamwork, pay a living wage.

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Anonymous in South Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in South Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Naturex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health insurance cost is low, new vacation policy finally allows you to take more than 10 days off if you've been with the company for several years. Free coffee on every floor. They pay for jury duty and are helpful with bereavement pay.

Cons

The building structurally is a bit questionable for example, walls are plastic, water is murky, parking lot is an ice rink in the winter time. Low salaries, no room for growth, environment is depressing. Handbooks are not available. Policies are sketchy. Some managers speak inappropriately and should not be managers period. Constant revolving door of employees quitting. Beginners are constantly being hired and then leave once they have gained experience.

Advice to Management

Improve bedside manner, take a course on what not to say at work and how to run a team. Overall the company needs to take a good look at their current business plan and control alt delete it. We are feed up and unionizing is sounding better by the minute. All employees need to agree if they want to place a union.

"Terrible Company - Downtrodden Employees"

Current Employee - Planning/Production in South Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Planning/Production in South Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Naturex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Decent vacation and health

Cons

1. Horrible and very low pay - well below market.
    2. French managers are rude, obnoxious and only hang out with each other.
    3. 12 hours workdays and some weekends.
    4. HR pretends to have your back - never does.
    5. Endless meetings than never solve anything.
    6. No work-life balance at all.
    7. You should just be happy to have a job is what they tell you.

Advice to Management

Please send all the young Frencg Managers that do nothing to help the company back to France and higher more American workers in management positions that understand the marketplace and can motivate the teams.