Natus Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

James B. Hawkins

1. "Natus Review"

Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Natus Medical part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company. Organized and efficient. Can set own hours and very flexible.

Cons

There are not many staff members because small company so hard to get shifts covered at times.

"Difficult company to work for- constant changes- poor pay- does not offer benefits or upward mobility"

Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Natus Medical part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with babies, and it is really cool to impress upon families the importance of hearing screens, and making a difference in the lives of those we encounter on the job

Cons

Poor pay, poor leadership, constantly changing protocol, does not pay for holidays, and scheduling conflicts constantly happen- also take the time to explain to the hospital the importance of other staff not interrupting screeners, it is really rude and disrespectful that the hospital staff does not support Natus employees, it is very frustrating to stop the test just because the company did not explain what we do...it also costs every time we have to stop a test so that they can take the baby for a circumcision and the test could finish- but the hospital staff thinks they are superior to Natus because we aren't nurses or doctors...

Advice to Management

Pay extra for holidays, allow for increase in pay when someone stays with the company- increase pay for employees because the job duties are more than what you pay employees and the company would be able to keep employees

"Total Corporate Culture"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Northeast Center, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Northeast Center, NY

I worked at Natus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None to speak of frankly.

Cons

Management cares about themselves and stock price only. Other employees very political and self centered.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't be nice to say here.

4. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Independent Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at Natus Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

no specific cons to mention

"A lot of room for improvements"

Former Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The opportunity to work in a hospital alongside with hospital staff. Hearing Screeners work part-time so this is perfect for someone in school who can leverage this to their advantage.

Cons

Management's regions are way too large and they are stretched too thin. I was promoted to a coordinator and expected to hire, on-board, train, work with the hospital staff and keep up on current laws all while still being responsible for screening newborns. Many times part-time employees would not show up and I was required to come in a work overtime since the screenings had to be completed. This is way too much for someone who is barely full time and being paid very little.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better training for screeners and more region managers available.

""I do apologize for the lack of organization." -Manager at Long Beach"

Former Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Long Beach, CA

Pros

Under the assumption: Working with babies, healthcare technology

Cons

inadequate/improper training (outsourced online certification /trainings held in busy hospital wait rooms), low pay responsibility load, weekends, purple uniform

Advice to Management

Set positive examples, don't rush through trainings vital to employee's future work performance, patient care before PROFITS, don't omit information

"QA Analyst"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Deer Park, NY
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Deer Park, NY

I worked at Natus Medical (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent environment to work that area

Cons

Management, project docs, deadline, Methodology

"Natus is like family!"

Current Employee - Natus Medical Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Natus Medical Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

You feel like you're working with members of your family. Colleagues are so nice and supportive. Not a micromanagement type of organization. Always looking for new, innovative and creative ways of doing things. Stock prices have done well and the organization has been growing quickly especially the past few years. Our company's financials are solid so you can have peace of mind when it comes to job stability. Employees here average 10+ years. Very rewarding culture. They offer nice salaries, great benefits (which start on day one), 401K match (2 yr vesting schedule), 4 weeks of PTO, 9 annual holidays, tuition reimbursement ($5K annually). Some of the locations (Seattle) have free soda which is a nice little treat. Internals have lots of opportunities to grow within and learn new skills. Work/life balance here is AWESOME - you have a life outside of work! :)

Cons

No cons at the present time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I am very excited for 2016 with Natus.

9. "2015 review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Natus Medical (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good employees, most try to help and offer assistance.

Cons

Human resource department is overwhelmed and unorganized. There is a lot of turnover in this department.

"Stock price is a great indicator of how well the company is doing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Natus for a little over two years. I have seen a lot of changes (for the better) since I have been at Natus. The company offers 4 weeks of PTO to every employee. What a great benefit. I have access to senior management and have a lot of flexibility in my work life. My ideas are valued, and I feel my hard work is rewarded. It is not a perfect environment of course.but having worked at both big and small companies (including high tech), I find that this is a solid company to work for. I especially like that our products help people. That is a great motivator for me to come to work each day.

Cons

Good Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, but it does cost $$$, more than I would like. But I guess medical coverage is expensive in general. Glad I have good coverage.

Advice to Management

Remember the little people (individual contributors) when sharing the wealth. Our hard work help keep the stock price up.