Natus Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
James B. Hawkins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"OK, not sure if it's changed much"

I worked at Natus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

above average salary, good benefits, good products, my manager was "ok"

Cons

Job duties discussed at interview were not in line with actual job. Too much travel. Support not available for field reps when in front of customer. Expectations higher than training given.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Be honest during interview, if the employee will be traveling 99% of the time, then tell them that.

2. "Seattle, WA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits such as 4 weeks PTO that accrue at about 6 hours/pay period, great medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Very complacent work environment, no career advancement. Products are outdated. Not a good work environment for a person who is young and new to their professional career.

Advice to Management

Be better organized.

"Great Job that has its cons"

Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener
    Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener

I have been working at Natus Medical part-time

Pros

coworkers are like family
    pick when you work
    love working around the sweet newborns

Cons

communication can be off sometimes
    hours can be iffy

Advice to Management

the lines of communication need to be improved drastically

"Newborn Hearing Screener"

Pros

Job is great for someone who is going to school and trying to balance a busy schedule while needing a little income.

Cons

Drama. Sometimes it can get unprofessional. It is based on favoritism. Although It works with a busy schedule but the team is unprofessional and cause a stressful environment.

"No direction"

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time

Pros

The people at Natus are great.

Cons

No communication between departments and with management leads to frustration.

"Newborn Hearing Screener"

I worked at Natus Medical part-time

Pros

Working with babies
    Gaining hospital experience, not clinical experience, but just seeing how the floor works

Cons

Bi-monthly pay schedule
    Feeling undervalued and unappreciated by Natus Management & hospital staff
    Hourly pay was far too low

Advice to Management

Get better off-site managers. The one I had was a complete nightmare and honestly had she not been my supervisor I would have stayed with the company. She was verbally aggressive, manipulative, and couldn't care less about how hard we worked to screen all the babies in a timely fashion. I once screened 14 babies in under 4 hours and she couldn't find anything good to say, just complain. At one point I was the only screener working M-F because everyone else quit there was zero acknowledgement or appreciation for this and this schedule went on for two months. I had no choice to walk away from such a negative and hostile environment.

"DSM"

Former Employee - DSM
    Former Employee - DSM

I worked at Natus Medical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home. Little management interaction.

Cons

Out of touch senior management applies a "one size fits all" template to each territory. President of company comes from disposables and applies disposables business concept to capital equipment which doesn't work. Very high rep turnover and dissatisfaction. Little to no development of product since 2011.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter, they don't listen.

"Sr. Financial Anayst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work with and the opportunity to play a role in providing essential newborn screens. This is a wonderful company because of the wonderful people. If you put in the work and investment, the company is a great place to grow your career! I am leaving only because of an opportunity to attend grad school for free otherwise I would have stayed for many more years.

Cons

None - this is a great company.

Advice to Management

Management is great. Keep it up!

"Think twice before accepting their offer."

Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer
    Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer

I worked at Natus Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was decent. Free drinks in the break room.

Cons

I hold no grudge against the company itself, but they need to figure out their business practices when it comes to treating their employees.

- Benefits. You do get the standard benefits (healthcare, 401K, etc.) package if you opt for it, and those in itself are decent quality. However! There are quite a few additional benefits they parade around while hiring you, which you will never see or hear of again after accepting your position. $5k per calendar year on training/education? I never received it. Ask your supervisor about it? "Let me talk to my supervisor." It goes up the chain and disappears.

- Training (the lack thereof) in appropriate areas. Request training for something critical for your position? Prepare to have a multitude of reasons given to you as to why they can't fit it in the "budget", and proceed to watch them spend unbelievable amounts of money in other areas despite claiming they have none available.

- Complete corporate culture. Your immediate supervisor/manager may indeed care about you (or claim to), but anyone higher up the chain rarely pays two seconds of attention to you. If you email high-ranking members of HR with any inquiry, you won't get a response. Completely unprofessional.

- Complete and utter lack of advancement opportunities. Natus is NOT a big company, and the employees who have attained well-off positions will stay there awhile until something better comes along or they retire. You'll get stuck in a medium-pay position and be there for quite a long time.

- Outdated technologies. The company is still supporting Windows XP-based hardware/software configurations, despite Microsoft itself cutting off support over 3 years ago. Management will not take any recommendations on getting customers up to speed on current hardware/software solutions.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to your technical support division as much as your sales division. They make sure the product functions for the end user.

"Natus Review"

Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Natus Medical part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company. Organized and efficient. Can set own hours and very flexible.

Cons

There are not many staff members because small company so hard to get shifts covered at times.