Nautica Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Steve Rendle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Hourly pay: gives work life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "The employee discount was also fairly generous" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of clear direction and leadership from upper management and direct managers" (in 13 reviews)

• "Morale is in the toilet and no one cares about the company anymore" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Sales associate"

Pros

Great people and fast pave

Cons

Not many hours unless holiday season.

2. "Pretty standard retail job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blackwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blackwood, NJ

I worked at Nautica Enterprises part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The coworkers were friendly and although I never used it the employee discount was descent. I also liked that sales associates weren't required to wear the store's merchandise. Pay was a bit better then minimum wage.

Cons

With any retail job managers could be a mixed bag and the hours could be extremely unpredictable.

3. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Nautica Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

Nice associate in-store and online purchase discount among several stores.

Cons

Boring, same day to day tasks. Litte to no room for improvement.

"Horrible company and leadership"

Former Employee - Management in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Nautica Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

discount, health benefits, laid back dress code

Cons

Senior leadership of the company and the Field leadership doesn't care about the teams only about their reputation/image. Very micromanaged from the top down. If you make a decision on your own you are criticized and even reprimanded for trying to help drive sales. They only want robots. The company is dying and no growth advancement. Quality of the clothing has dropped. Shirts are consistently coming apart at the seams after washed. The stores have no payroll and they expect the world out of you. Major favoritism in the company its not about how great you are but who you suck up to. VF sold the company to company who bought all dead brands. Sales change 2-3 times a week. Horrible work conditions. Morale is in the toilet and no one cares about the company anymore.

Advice to Management

Look at the senior management of the company and make the RIGHT changes if you are going to try and save this dying brand.

5. "Review"

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

The work isn’t very demanding, and quite easy. Pretty liberal with bathroom and water breaks. They keep the job competitive with daily goals.

Cons

Sometimes it seem everything they do is just backwards. One minute this is the policy then the next, it’s something completely different.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more

"Worst job I’ve ever had"

I worked at Nautica Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are nice, okay pay and benefits

Cons

Store manger is the worst. Says one thing and does another. Can never learn how to do things because she keeps changing how to do things I.e., floor sets. Anytime someone calls off she says they are lying even if they have doctors notes. Says you can’t have consistent days off but she does. Any black person that walks in the store she tells us to watch because “they look suspicious” doesn’t know how to handle stress and takes it out on either the management team or employees. Honestly don’t know why or how she is store manger with things she does. Pretty sure she’s close with the district manger so she can get away with things. If you request off too much she doesn’t give you hours thus forcing you to quit. Gets mad when you make plans on days off and can’t come in. (Sorry I have a life outside work?!) honestly can’t please her no matter how hard you work. Talks crap behind employees backs. Changes schedule without notifying you. Co workers go to other management members instead of her for issues I think cause they fear her. Seriously DONT WORK HERE

Advice to Management

Get a new store manger and maybe things will be okay

7. "Working here is degrading."

Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Nautica Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent money, regular work hours, ok benefits. No creative freedom. We get free flu shots. Great sample sales. But none of the pros make it worth it.

Cons

My boss was really racist towards me multiple times in front of other co workers. I felt extremely humiliated. Reported the incident to HR nothing was done, not even a follow up. Come to work everyday and don’t know what to expect from boss. I fear I’m going to get fired every time we disagree on any little thing. My co workers have notice the difference between the way my boss treats me and the way he treats them. I can’t even ask for a day off without getting nervous about my boss’s reaction.

Favoritism. One day, the VP secretly gave a free day off to all of her friends, meantime, the rest of us were wondering where everybody was. It was Good Friday btw.

8. "Retail Sales Associate"

I have been working at Nautica Enterprises part-time

Pros

Good atmosphere and co workers are friendly
    Great place for seasonal work for students or part time work
    Good employee discount

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

9. "Designer"

I have been working at Nautica Enterprises full-time

Pros

pay is average, if you want to get paid a livable wage but do not care about actually being creative, getting treated well, or taken seriously, this is the place for you

Cons

horrible supervisors that have no idea what they are doing, extremely poor direction, art directer will use his design team as a scapegoat for when he makes mistakes, terrible communication between leaders of the company and mid level employees, they hire freelance creative to execute all of the campaign shoots, ideas and suggestions from mid level staff are immediately shot down or taken by leaders and passed off as their own idea, no encouragement or growth opportunity, when employees are asked to stay to work late no dinner or rides home is offered, general treatment of employees in the office and overall attitude of people is very poor

10. "Senior Lead Sales Rep"

I worked at Nautica Enterprises part-time

Pros

Minimum of 25 weekly hours

Cons

Low hourly wage, no benefits

Advice to Management

If you want things to work better, think about changing wages and hours given to weekly schedule