Nautilus Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nautilus CEO Bruce M. Cazenave
Bruce M. Cazenave

1. "Great Working Atmosphere"

I have been working at Nautilus full-time

Pros

Started up with a new department and enjoy it very much. Most of the people on the team are easy to get along with and we are all able to work together well to assist the needs of the customer. The company has interest in the health of the employees, which I would expect from a company that specializes in overall fitness. There are also many events that the company encourages us to participate in so that the departments can intermix. This is for sure good for those who are used to social interaction. There are also 'options to expand' in the company, but I am genuinely unsure how one would in my position. Something that will be fun to work on and figure out as time progresses :)

Cons

Upper management needs to be more aware of difficulties that customers have while on our site. We can only do so much to 'pass off' something that we know to be a problem. There is also definitely favoritism when it comes to people in this company. Like most places of business, there is a 'clique-like' atmosphere. Our employee perks also have started to diminish. While we are SUPER encouraged to purchase products that our company creates, we do not get those same perks when it comes to repairing those products.

Advice to Management

Keep customer feedback to heart for all things. Perhaps have a procedure in mind to actually note them, besides the generic 'we value your feedback' and it goes nowhere. This may cause someone a little more work, but you can for sure see patterns of something disliked or not working when you are hearing them first hand.

2. "Overall Great Experience, Though They Have Some Big Challenges"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Talented and hard working team
    -Couldn't have asked for a better and more flexible boss
    -Friendly and enthusiastic team members across all departments
    -Clear goal setting
    -Relatively good work/life balance

Cons

-Serious challenges in compensation increases for the strongest performers in the company
    -Can sometimes feel like a "boy's club" in certain departments, with some folks unexpectedly receiving promotions, while others who should be promoted are not
    -Limited brand vision

Advice to Management

Salary and compensation approach is incredibly outdated. Take a hard look at who your strongest performers are and who can take the company to its next evolution. Reward those people. Ensure you're making them happy. Don't keep people on just because they're been there for years. If they're not performing the way they should, make the appropriate changes. And give people from other departments more chances to go outside of their role. You'd be surprised at how talented some folks are.

3. "I love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Fantastic “Family atmosphere” everyone wants you to succeed and are always willing to lend a hand. There are SOOOO many team events!! They love to keep your family and everyone involved.

Cons

Great leadership is in place!! However that is tough when you are ready to take the next step. BUT!! as the company grows more opportunities to grow is nice to see

Advice to Management

Bruce is the man!! hands down the best CEO in the business!! Keep on working for your team members we see it and appreciate it!!

5. "Love Nautilus ... BUT,"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bruce is an outstanding CEO he really is! But Bruce doesn't necessarily interact with us day-to-day so when we do see him, it's outstanding. Quality product, great innovation and I love my team.

Cons

Unless you're part of "the club", getting promoted just doesn't appear to be something that's doable. I'm rewarded for my performance, but at the same time I know that I won't necessarily be able to move upward even though I'm qualified.

Advice to Management

Sales and customer service management - try doing something difrerent other then the same thing over and over. The supervisors and managers are changing all the time. Only a few have been around for over a year. the same people get promoted and senior managers and directors don't work with us to help us grow into a leadership role.

"Care Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nautilus is one of, if the not the best, employer I have had in my 30 years of being in the workforce! The company culture is second to none. Collaboration and empowering team members is absolutely encouraged. Work life balance is also encouraged, and I cannot say that for most companies. Having fun and taking care of the customer is a part of each and every day. At Nautilus, we take care of the customer and coach our team members on a regular basis. We also encourage our team members to make suggestions for improvements!

We also just celebrated Customer Service Appreciation Week last week and ensured our team felt how much our team is appreciated for the hard work they put in each day. Treats and games everyday for a week- and not during lunch or after hours, but while the team is being paid!

There are so many things that Nautilus is doing right! I know I have made the right decision joining this company!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of one!

Advice to Management

Keep taking great care of the customer and the employees of the company as you are and you will continue to attract and retain good talent!

"A Positive Company Culture"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Vancouver, WA

Pros

-Each employee is respectful and conscientious.
    -Open dialogue is a priority.
    -Extremely positive atmosphere.
    -Organized and streamlined processes.
    -The company rewards and incentivizes good work.
    -Very flexible and understanding of personal scheduling conflicts.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any cons. Nautilus is honestly the best company that I have ever had the honor of working for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's a fantastic place to work.

8. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Nautilus (Less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate culture. Management takes an active role in ensuring they are engaging the employees.

Cons

Can be hectic at times due to the vast seasonality of product releases.

9. "Wonderful Team Atmosphere"

Pros

I am so impressed with the team mentality from the top leaders. It shows across all departments in how everyone is very respectful and encouraging of each other's departments.

Cons

There are so many systems to learn (some duplication with data) that it's been challenging to understand what system to use.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of providing excellent leadership.

"Terrible IT team"

Former Employee - Security Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Security Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. You will learn nothing. The tools available are terrible and management doesn't care.

Cons

Your career will stall due to the terrible IT department and management.

Advice to Management

Stop being self absorbed idiots. Oh wait you cant because you think you know everything despite sucking at IT.

Nautilus Response

Aug 29, 2016

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you feel this way about your experience. Nautilus strives to have a positive and productive environment for all of our employees. If you would like to ... More

"You should consider Nautilus"

Pros

Nautilus is small enough to have a very open door policy at all levels but big enough to be a major player in the large exercise equipment category. People, personalities, fun, and hard work are what you will find - leave the politics at your old job.

Cons

There are always cons with an employer, just not too many here.....