Nautilus Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nautilus CEO Bruce M. Cazenave
Bruce M. Cazenave

Pros
  • Relatively good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• I've been at this great company for many years - I've seen the good and seen the bad and this is definitely the best time to be here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The employees are fun to work with however upper management can be fake and not very genuine (in 3 reviews)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Manager is truly caring, smart, and wants their employees to grow. I have opportunities to move up in the Company. Great work/life balance. People listen to each other and work together.

Cons

Compensation is on the low end. Pay increase format needs improvement. Great performers are not always paid what they should be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good direction and inform employees of what the plans are in the future.

2. "Always Eager to Improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Not a lot of pressure and my department allows challenging the process and making changes as necessary. Company seems to hire good people for growing needs.

Cons

Maybe in other departments.

3. "Fantastic Company! Great Teamwork among departments!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative company always looking at new ways to provide great products for people on their journey to fitness.

Cons

nothing I have experienced as of yet.

"Overall Great Experience, Though They Have Some Big Challenges"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Talented and hard working team
    -Couldn't have asked for a better and more flexible boss
    -Friendly and enthusiastic team members across all departments
    -Clear goal setting
    -Relatively good work/life balance

Cons

-Serious challenges in compensation increases for the strongest performers in the company
    -Can sometimes feel like a "boy's club" in certain departments, with some folks unexpectedly receiving promotions, while others who should be promoted are not
    -Limited brand vision

Advice to Management

Salary and compensation approach is incredibly outdated. Take a hard look at who your strongest performers are and who can take the company to its next evolution. Reward those people. Ensure you're making them happy. Don't keep people on just because they're been there for years. If they're not performing the way they should, make the appropriate changes. And give people from other departments more chances to go outside of their role. You'd be surprised at how talented some folks are.

6. "I love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Fantastic “Family atmosphere” everyone wants you to succeed and are always willing to lend a hand. There are SOOOO many team events!! They love to keep your family and everyone involved.

Cons

Great leadership is in place!! However that is tough when you are ready to take the next step. BUT!! as the company grows more opportunities to grow is nice to see

Advice to Management

Bruce is the man!! hands down the best CEO in the business!! Keep on working for your team members we see it and appreciate it!!

7. "Love Nautilus ... BUT,"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bruce is an outstanding CEO he really is! But Bruce doesn't necessarily interact with us day-to-day so when we do see him, it's outstanding. Quality product, great innovation and I love my team.

Cons

Unless you're part of "the club", getting promoted just doesn't appear to be something that's doable. I'm rewarded for my performance, but at the same time I know that I won't necessarily be able to move upward even though I'm qualified.

Advice to Management

Sales and customer service management - try doing something difrerent other then the same thing over and over. The supervisors and managers are changing all the time. Only a few have been around for over a year. the same people get promoted and senior managers and directors don't work with us to help us grow into a leadership role.

"Care Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nautilus is one of, if the not the best, employer I have had in my 30 years of being in the workforce! The company culture is second to none. Collaboration and empowering team members is absolutely encouraged. Work life balance is also encouraged, and I cannot say that for most companies. Having fun and taking care of the customer is a part of each and every day. At Nautilus, we take care of the customer and coach our team members on a regular basis. We also encourage our team members to make suggestions for improvements!

We also just celebrated Customer Service Appreciation Week last week and ensured our team felt how much our team is appreciated for the hard work they put in each day. Treats and games everyday for a week- and not during lunch or after hours, but while the team is being paid!

There are so many things that Nautilus is doing right! I know I have made the right decision joining this company!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of one!

Advice to Management

Keep taking great care of the customer and the employees of the company as you are and you will continue to attract and retain good talent!

"A Positive Company Culture"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Vancouver, WA

Pros

-Each employee is respectful and conscientious.
    -Open dialogue is a priority.
    -Extremely positive atmosphere.
    -Organized and streamlined processes.
    -The company rewards and incentivizes good work.
    -Very flexible and understanding of personal scheduling conflicts.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any cons. Nautilus is honestly the best company that I have ever had the honor of working for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's a fantastic place to work.

10. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Nautilus (Less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate culture. Management takes an active role in ensuring they are engaging the employees.

Cons

Can be hectic at times due to the vast seasonality of product releases.

"Terrible IT team"

Former Employee - Security Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Security Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. You will learn nothing. The tools available are terrible and management doesn't care.

Cons

Your career will stall due to the terrible IT department and management.

Advice to Management

Stop being self absorbed idiots. Oh wait you cant because you think you know everything despite sucking at IT.

Nautilus Response

Aug 29, 2016

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you feel this way about your experience. Nautilus strives to have a positive and productive environment for all of our employees. If you would like to ... More