Nautilus Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Nautilus CEO Bruce M. Cazenave
Bruce M. Cazenave

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Relatively good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Nautilus is a great company led by a fantastic CEO (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The employees are fun to work with however upper management can be fake and not very genuine (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Positive Company Culture"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Vancouver, WA

Pros

-Each employee is respectful and conscientious.
    -Open dialogue is a priority.
    -Extremely positive atmosphere.
    -Organized and streamlined processes.
    -The company rewards and incentivizes good work.
    -Very flexible and understanding of personal scheduling conflicts.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any cons. Nautilus is honestly the best company that I have ever had the honor of working for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's a fantastic place to work.

"Amazing Company"

I worked at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership and culture. Great to be part of a company that was headed for disaster but turned that around.

Cons

Typical publicly traded company. Must adhere to a BOD.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Exciting to see the stock price and new building.

3. "Best Work Culture"

Current Employee - Media in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Media in Vancouver, WA

Pros

This is the best work culture I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Note: I've only been on board for a couple months, but it's very easy to see why people stick around for 10+ years. I've worked in a number of different work environments ranging from big to small, east coast to west coast, with relaxed to militant leadership styles. I cannot speak for the past, but the reason Nautilus Inc. is currently doing so well is because they listen to their employees wants and needs and act on them in live time.

If you're looking for a positive "work family", this is definitely the place.

Cons

I will update this post when I can think of a proper con, but none come to mind. A lot of other companies of this size have a harder time bringing the employees together. Nautilus Inc. has plenty of rec activities, a gym at the facility, and a summer kickball/softball league. It's easy to meet fellow employees here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, please. I look forward to being here for a while.

4. "Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for Nautilus is rewarding in many ways. I truly feel like I have an impact on the company's success and that what I do is important. Nautilus is a mid-size company with a small company feel. They also offer all sorts of ways of getting fit and making friends, from joining the Tough Mudder team, running Hood-to-Coast and playing Kickball over lunch. I am a healthier person because I am part of the Nautilus team.

Cons

It's a growing company so be ready for plans to change. Sometimes you have to be thick skinned and adapt quickly to the team's growing needs.

Advice to Management

Encourage fresh talent and be open to new ideas!

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-CEO (Bruce is great!)
    -Culture (Diverse, Friendly, and Fun!)
    -Events (Heart Walk, Tough Mudder, Hood-to-Coast, Christmas Party, Kickball, Golf, Back Patio, Halloween, Nautilus Helpers (Community Invovlement))
    -Products (Nautilus, Bowflex, Schwinn, Universal) are top quality
    -Employee Benefits (Bonus Potential, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Discounts (Product, and Other Businesses), On-Site Gym)
    -Communication (Monthly Voicemail, Town Hall, Workshop Wednesdays, Final Fridays)
    -Successful Company = Growth Potential

Cons

-On-Site Gym does not have 24 hour access even though you need to use a key card to get in.
    -Communication (there can always be more)

Advice to Management

Please keep the communication coming as it is important to know what is going on. I want to hear more feedback on how I am performing.

6. "The Future is Bright!"

Current Employee - Washington in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Washington in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time

Pros

Work Culture
    People
    Location (Pacific North West)
    Designing fitness products is a great!

Cons

Milestones/deliverables can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Always recognize and value your employees. Make wise business plans based on sound data and research.

7. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Washington in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Washington in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time

Pros

Nautilus was such and amazing company to work for, the culture is the best I have ever encountered. The company really cares for their employees and backs up their dedication by offering great work life balance, a focus on employee health and fitness, lots of events and activities balancing hard work with a little company ‘fun time’. This type of culture promoted a company wide cohesiveness that lead to a natural inclination towards teamwork. I feel like the level of employee engagement was incredible supported by lots of communication and opportunities for employees to provide feedback. In addition, the company encourages innovation and embraces well-vetted change in processes to propel the business towards the future. I will forever value my years spent working for Nautilus.

Cons

The biggest downside to my time at Nautilus is that it is a relatively small company. Despite the small company size, I still was able to advance within my department receiving lots of mentorship, learning opportunities, promotional opportunities, and overall I gained tons of valuable cross-functional exposure that boosted my experience way beyond my role. Eventually though, after many years, my career needs outgrew the company.

Advice to Management

I feel as though the executive management team did a great job engaging with employees via company level communications as well as personal employee contact. They did a good job relying on subject matter experts to provide information where needed in order to support company initiatives and decisions. I really enjoyed working for Bruce and team.

"Anonymous"

Pros

Great culture. Lots of friendly, engaged,and supportive co-workers. People generally take pride in what we do, and the impact our products can have on helping people live healthier lives.

Cons

Nothing significant. Fast pace of the job can be challenging at times.

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nautilus is a great company led by a fantastic CEO. He makes sure to learn each employee's name and is personable, friendly, and effective at his job. This company works hard to make sure there is a positive and engaging culture. There are a variety of activities to join, events, and recognition. We are headed in the right direction and I look forward to growing with Nautilus!

Cons

There can always be improvement in communication between departments, but I think you will find that at any company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "Great people and great culture"

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nautilus does a great job of balancing hard work with fun activities. In fact, at the very top of the companies internal site, it says "work hard, play harder."

Cons

Could improve cross departmental awareness. Sometime departments are in the dark about what initiatives may be going in other areas of the business.

Advice to Management

It is always a great moral boost to remind employees when they do a good job. Simple recognition can go a long way.