Nautilus Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Nautilus CEO Bruce M. Cazenave
Bruce M. Cazenave

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance, they provode ample opportunity to interact with other employees (in 10 reviews)

• Great culture, forward-looking management, continuous improvement and innovation (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The employees are fun to work with however upper management can be fake and not very genuine (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Nautilus is the best!"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, forward-looking management, continuous improvement and innovation.

Cons

communication between departments could stand some improvement.

2. "Summer Internship was a great experience"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Internship in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Internship in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, they provode ample opportunity to interact with other employees. Multiple different activities during my internship to keep employees happy but still focused on their work.

Cons

Wish I could have had more time to spend at Nautilus to gain more experience.

Advice to Management

No further advice

"Dont expect too much"

I worked at Nautilus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting extra carricular activities, good benefits, work/life is managable

Cons

If you have ever felt like after high school, you wanted to get yourself back into that environment, this would be the place. Environment is that of exactly like high school. Coworker drama, inner-departemantable unproffesional relationships, not to mention a corrupt HR, do not expect advancement as the departments are that as cliques and are not accepting of new-comers. Majorty of managers do not know the simple tasks that every day workers know and tend to micro manage without the proper knowledge. Just to state, I do not beleive the CEO is aware of this behavior within his company.

Advice to Management

Recognize others potential and work with them to help them grow in their career. Treat work as work, not as a social place and act unproffesionally.

"Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management cares about their employees. CEO knows every one of his employees which I have never experienced before. When it comes to showing employees they care, sups and managers go out of their way to do nice things for their staff (coffee, treats). We get a coffe/tea/smoothie cart several times a year brought in. Amazing Christmas party. Company sponsored sports and team building events. And I can’t list all the other events they put on to take care of us and the community. Great benefits. Do your job well and you get paid accordingly. I would say Nautilus is one of the best work experiences I have ever had.

Cons

No cons other than negatigivy by other emoloyees. Many employees do not appreciate what a wonderful work place Nautilus is. They focus on the little uncomfortable moments and forget about the big picture and how great they really have it at Nautilus.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees suggestions but don’t let their complaints tear you down.

"A great place"

Current Employee - Product Development in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Product Development in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture - everyone cares so much about customer experience and employee experience. A ton of super fun and exciting projects to work on - with smart and kind colleagues. Driven to solve problems at scale - innovation is what the company and the teams are passionate about.

Cons

So far I haven't observed much. If time bank could be honored at the beginning of the year (as opposed to beginning of each quarter), that would work better :)

Advice to Management

Continue the great work, win by top-notch customer experience and employee experience!

"Not for me"

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time

Pros

Decent benefits and pay. They have a gym on site!

Cons

I'm shocked to see so many good reviews on here. The majority of my coworkers that I have spoken with have a negative view of the company.

It could be because the moment you finish training they ask you to leave a review on glass door. They then continue to send you reminders to do it before you have learned much about the company.

Being treated like children. Ask any current Sales Professional and they will tell you this is true.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.
    Treat your lower level employees like they are equals and not children.

"Toxic Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time

Pros

Work life balance, good benefits.

Cons

I have had a few different managers. Each was lacking for their own reason. Some were micro-managers, others just don't know what they're doing. This made working there unbearable at times.

The HR team is extremely unethical. Romantic relationships with employees, bad FMLA practices, unwilling to listen to employees.

Advice to Management

Be open to suggestions and change when lower level employees are genuinely trying to give helpful feedback.

Nautilus Response

Dec 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, though we are disappointed to hear that you felt your experience with Nautilus wasn’t as positive as others have found it to be. It is our goal to be... More

"Great Company!"

Pros

Great collaboration between groups. Managers facilitate and allow you to set and execute strategy. A very human approach toward employees.

Cons

Some employees have too much on their plate and some additional hires are needed. The people are very talented, but there are only so many hours in a day.

"Fitness Fun"

Current Employee - Fitness Consultant in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Fitness Consultant in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, culture, fitness, fun, and FOOD!

Cons

Would love better health plans

Advice to Management

I love how you keep the personal experience with each employee

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Embedded Android Developer in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Embedded Android Developer in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive people, flexible timing, great environment and not a lot of pressure.

Cons

I'll have to think .