Nautilus Reviews in Vancouver, WA | Glassdoor

Nautilus CEO Bruce M. Cazenave
Bruce M. Cazenave

1. "I love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Fantastic “Family atmosphere” everyone wants you to succeed and are always willing to lend a hand. There are SOOOO many team events!! They love to keep your family and everyone involved.

Cons

Great leadership is in place!! However that is tough when you are ready to take the next step. BUT!! as the company grows more opportunities to grow is nice to see

Advice to Management

Bruce is the man!! hands down the best CEO in the business!! Keep on working for your team members we see it and appreciate it!!

2. "Overall Great Experience, Though They Have Some Big Challenges"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Talented and hard working team
    -Couldn't have asked for a better and more flexible boss
    -Friendly and enthusiastic team members across all departments
    -Clear goal setting
    -Relatively good work/life balance

Cons

-Serious challenges in compensation increases for the strongest performers in the company
    -Can sometimes feel like a "boy's club" in certain departments, with some folks unexpectedly receiving promotions, while others who should be promoted are not
    -Limited brand vision

Advice to Management

Salary and compensation approach is incredibly outdated. Take a hard look at who your strongest performers are and who can take the company to its next evolution. Reward those people. Ensure you're making them happy. Don't keep people on just because they're been there for years. If they're not performing the way they should, make the appropriate changes. And give people from other departments more chances to go outside of their role. You'd be surprised at how talented some folks are.

3. "Love Nautilus ... BUT,"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bruce is an outstanding CEO he really is! But Bruce doesn't necessarily interact with us day-to-day so when we do see him, it's outstanding. Quality product, great innovation and I love my team.

Cons

Unless you're part of "the club", getting promoted just doesn't appear to be something that's doable. I'm rewarded for my performance, but at the same time I know that I won't necessarily be able to move upward even though I'm qualified.

Advice to Management

Sales and customer service management - try doing something difrerent other then the same thing over and over. The supervisors and managers are changing all the time. Only a few have been around for over a year. the same people get promoted and senior managers and directors don't work with us to help us grow into a leadership role.

"Care Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nautilus is one of, if the not the best, employer I have had in my 30 years of being in the workforce! The company culture is second to none. Collaboration and empowering team members is absolutely encouraged. Work life balance is also encouraged, and I cannot say that for most companies. Having fun and taking care of the customer is a part of each and every day. At Nautilus, we take care of the customer and coach our team members on a regular basis. We also encourage our team members to make suggestions for improvements!

We also just celebrated Customer Service Appreciation Week last week and ensured our team felt how much our team is appreciated for the hard work they put in each day. Treats and games everyday for a week- and not during lunch or after hours, but while the team is being paid!

There are so many things that Nautilus is doing right! I know I have made the right decision joining this company!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of one!

Advice to Management

Keep taking great care of the customer and the employees of the company as you are and you will continue to attract and retain good talent!

"A Positive Company Culture"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Vancouver, WA

Pros

-Each employee is respectful and conscientious.
    -Open dialogue is a priority.
    -Extremely positive atmosphere.
    -Organized and streamlined processes.
    -The company rewards and incentivizes good work.
    -Very flexible and understanding of personal scheduling conflicts.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any cons. Nautilus is honestly the best company that I have ever had the honor of working for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's a fantastic place to work.

"Terrible IT team"

Former Employee - Security Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Security Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. You will learn nothing. The tools available are terrible and management doesn't care.

Cons

Your career will stall due to the terrible IT department and management.

Advice to Management

Stop being self absorbed idiots. Oh wait you cant because you think you know everything despite sucking at IT.

Nautilus Response

Aug 29, 2016

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you feel this way about your experience. Nautilus strives to have a positive and productive environment for all of our employees. If you would like to ... More

8. "Great work-life balance"

Current Employee - Marketing in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been at this great company for many years - I've seen the good and seen the bad and this is definitely the best time to be here. We are growing, innovating and doing many great things that impact the lives of people around the world.

Cons

With our smaller size comes growing pains; we sometimes play caution to the wind at taking chances but are becoming more comfortable with our new status as "successful."

Advice to Management

Keep looking at big opportunities ahead and take care of the people who got the company to where it is today.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Operations Management in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Operations Management in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Positive environment, coworkers are professional and fun.
    *Management team makes an effort to show that they care by participating in the team building and employee appreciation events. They mingle and take with different people.
    *Medical Premiums have NOT increased for the 3rd year in a row.
    *Company really supports fitness by encouraging an active lifestyle: sponsorships to events, and drawings for those who exercise just to name a couple of ways.

Cons

I would have like to have more training in our system when I started. But I am figuring out my way around and know who to ask now. :-)

10. "Understand expectations"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Vancouver, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall this company is amazing to their employees. Great culture and for the most part everyone seems to love working together.

Cons

Make sure you understand the expectations of the job. Some groups are high energy and love being a family, others barely speak to each other, come in, do their jobs, and leave. Just understand what you are getting into to match your needs.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is a GREAT employee, that doesn't mean they make a GREAT manager. Make sure your managers have GREAT mentoring and people skills. Usually not a teachable thing.

11. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Nautilus has been a great place to work. The environment is friendly, fun and exciting. Everyone seems to be very passionate about what they do and working as a team to make this an amazing company. I feel very fortunate to be a part of it all.

Cons

I haven't seen any yet.

Nautilus Response

Jan 25, 2016 – HR Director

And we feel fortunate to have you as part of it too! Thanks for contributing to this great environment!!