Navarro Discount Pharmacies Reviews | Glassdoor

Lee D. Armbuster

1. "Not bad"

Current Employee - Loss Prevention in Homestead, FL
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention in Homestead, FL

I have been working at Navarro Discount Pharmacies (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom to work at your own pace, management not on top of you, they give you enough space. Very helpful team

Cons

There customers can be very difficult, mean & when you have to stop them for shoplifting, they can be very dangerous.

2. "Good starter for overall experience in corporate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medley, FL

I worked at Navarro Discount Pharmacies (More than a year)

Pros

Familiar ans warm environment where you get to meet all of the personnel. Bilingual environment. Good flexibility when it comes to work/life balance.

Cons

A lot of turnover in upper management that caused a lack of vision inside the organization. This is exacerbated by the lack of leadership among the top positions in the corporate environment (Frequently changes of CEO). Decisions are made without a study plan, making most of the project fail specially in the Operations area (wasted money and resources on unfinished or bad implemented projects). Too many positions in the company filled with personnel that are personal related. Salaried tend to be low and many upper management lacks experience. Not opportunity for grow professionally, and employees are not allow the have their own voice or come up with new ideas.

Advice to Management

Allow for the grow of your employees and do not be afraid of welcoming change.

3. "Great people to work with, areas need improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medley, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medley, FL

I have been working at Navarro Discount Pharmacies full-time

Pros

The people there are great if you work at corporate, there is room for promotions. Everybody gets along for the most part great.
    Discounts on purchases are good.
    For the most part they value their employees, some have been working there all their work life.
    Family oriented atmosphere.

Cons

Low salaries, constant changes within the company, management is sometimes inexperienced. Benefits has a lot of room for improvement in healthcare.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced persons for management positions and pay competitive salaries.

4. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Navarro Discount Pharmacies part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent customer service/refund policy, very well organized, visualized items, great discounts through the weekly add /manager's specials, refills/new prescriptions always ready quickly.

Cons

Not all employees/shift supervisors/managers are 100% bilingual English/Spanish hindering communication at problem solving when facing a confused/disagreeing client.

Advice to Management

Encourage monolingual employees to become bilingual through better/worse pay incentives/sanctions and better job applicants selection. Rate/pay employees based on outstanding customer service capabilities.

5. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Produce Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Produce Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Navarro Discount Pharmacies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love Navarro Discount pharmacy, its my sexond home.

Cons

Great people, great customer service, they make coffe twice a day just for customers

Advice to Management

Corporate Offices people are really Nice and Helpful, if you need anything they will help you ASAP, the Sense of Urgency is the best.

6. "Non functional."

Former Employee - Pharmacy Cashier in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Cashier in Miami, FL

I worked at Navarro Discount Pharmacies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have a stable job.
    Nice 401k offer if fulltime.
    Colada shots made fresh in pharmacy.
    You get to know your coworkers well and often they are really great people, especially the pharmacy managers and onstaff pharmacist.
    Great store managers (at my location)

Cons

The customers are terrible because they have been spoiled for years before policy changes came and often ask for illegal amounts of prescription medicine.
    The equipment (computers, Rx system (EPS), pill counter, fingerprint scanners) are basically nonfunctional, outdated and should have been replaced years ago. Constant blackouts mess up pharmacy system. One time the power went out and we had to serve people non essential medicines (aspirin) and hope our system would recognize it as sold later not to mention accept money or refuse to sell the medicine if it had an insurance/third party error that we couldnt fix without power.
    Was given full time hours without offer of fulltime until the day I decided to quit.
    Some floater pharmacists were nice but we kept some that were rude, didnt follow policy and didnt know how to actually do their jobs or utilize our system.
    I witnessed 2 people in my department quit in the first month that I worked here with stories of almost the full team leaving before I was hired. I then had to help train my companion at the register without being fully trained myself.

Advice to Management

Make clear new policies to customers i.e changes in pharmacy rules.
    Please please please make a system to kick people out of the store, there had been several cases of harassment from customers/patients and threats of physical or legal actions for things outside of employee control.
    Replace the outdated hardware and software.
    Train floaters or discipline those who cannot perform their jobs.
    Do more to prevent theft by customers in stores as it was common.

7. "Good for a stepping stone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medley, FL

I worked at Navarro Discount Pharmacies (More than a year)

Pros

Very family oriented company, especially in the corp office.

Cons

Bad overall operations, from the top to bottom it is a mess. The HR department is lacking direction, operations is always lying to employees.

8. "Loss Prevention"

Current Employee - Store Detective in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Detective in Miami, FL

I have been working at Navarro Discount Pharmacies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Is a great place to work. very familiar. There are a tons of oportunities that any one can achive with determinantion and perseverance.

Cons

No any cons in this company

Advice to Management

N/A

9. "OK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

Great People in hourly and low paying positions

Cons

Roles and responsibilities are not clearly defined and strategy changes often.

10. "My overall experience while working at Navarro was unsatisfactory."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

I had the opportunity to learn more about the Hispanic culture and community.

Cons

The executive branch changed four times in my two years working at Navarro. I had four different supervisors

Advice to Management

Listen more to your employees