NaviNet Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
NaviNet President and CEO Frank Ingari
Frank Ingari

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Many Great Aspects to NaviNet"

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really appreciate the overall goal of the company. With the recent acquisition by NantHealth, we are part of the "Cancer Moonshot" that will directly affect millions of people. Work is meaningful; Benefits are great; Periodic activities, outings, and events are fun; Management is engaged, active, and always pushing for the next big idea/release.

Cons

Can be silo'd. Need to make a concerted effort to break away from your group-- but the opportunities are there.

Advice to Management

Make sales goals, successes, AND failures more transparent.

2. "IT Project Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at NaviNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great enviornment. Great leaders. The company has a great product with leading edge technology. Very fast paced. Very good team work.

Cons

The product side is not focused enough. The priorities do not seemed to be focused and they do not have the right people in the right jobs

Advice to Management

The company needs to mature and get focus and get the right leadership in place. Product team needs to lead the product development.

3. "What I thought"

Former Employee - Resource & Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Resource & Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at NaviNet (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing company culture. Lots of extra perks. Fantastic location

Cons

Prefer not to thank you

4. "Solid"

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work environment, people treated with respect NaviNet was really great in offering me support and flexibility when my child was born (paid paternity leave).

Cons

Department's need to work more effectively together

Advice to Management

Continued transparency at Town Hall (monthly all hands meetings).

5. "Believing in the vision and mission"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, vision, and mission of the company is amazing. I feel privileged to be part of something that is changing the health care industry in a positive way. At the end of the day I truly feel like I am helping sick patients by facilitating better communication between payers and providers. Hard work is recognized and opportunities are provided based on your hard work and attitude. People are generally nice and smart but still willing to challenge one another resulting in high performance.

Cons

As this company transitions from a professional service company to a product and professional service company, growing pains are felt and to be expected. New lines are being drawn and it is not easy to clearly identify who is responsible for what.

Advice to Management

Require a sufficient amount of research to be conducted before giving the green light. Not enough market research into what the providers and payers need/want is being conducted.

6. "Good Place to Be..."

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, they hire the "right" people
    Not political
    Good benefits, vacation time, work-life balance, etc.

Cons

Company still seems to be ramping up, transitioning to productized platform
    Feels like an entrepreneurial company still, which may not be the perfect fit for everyone (I like it)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Engage your employees with the vision of the company and the mission to improve healthcare

NaviNet Response

May 8, 2014 – Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist

You bring up a valuable point regarding our ramp up efforts. We think and feel like a start up with an "all hands on deck" mentality and therefore, there's a lot of ambiguity. Like you, I enjoy this... More

7. "Excellent culture, really smart people, a great CEO, a learning and challenging environment"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

Most roles are flexible, the leadership gives you autonomy, there are many opportunities available. There is a lot to learn, many challenges to be had, and we are always improving.
    The vision / mission of the company is sound and people seem to care.
    I like feeling like I can go out for a beer with most people I work with
    Pizza and Beer Fridays, Lunches, Sporting activities, and great work functions
    I've had training every year I've worked at the company to help myself grow
    I've had a lot of opportunities to try new things and learn where my strengths are

Cons

Being operationally efficient is something that NaviNet still has a lot to improve on.
    We are transitioning I think very effectively from a Professional Services company only to a Product Company and Professional Services company. We still have a lot of people that are project focused, (i.e., there is a short term project with an end date...) without the mindset to be operationally focused for the long term. (i.e., this thing is going to live on for a long time and we have to support its success. There are some folks that are learning how to operate differently and others that will probably need to find something else to do for us to succeed.

Advice to Management

Invest a lot of time in the market listening and prioritizing with our customers their problems.
    Set a longer term vision
    Set challenging goals
    Ensure there is accountability and follow up

"The most stimulating job I've ever loved!"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior and mid level management allows you to take ownership, be creative and make decisions. NaviNet's footprint in the interactive healthcare network arena is the largest in the nation. NaviNet's contribution to payer/provider collaboration is helping to reduce healthcare costs and improve clinical interactions with patients for the entire nation. NaviNet provide's thought leadership to the entire continuum of heatlhcare. Allows folks to work from home which increases home/work satisfaction. NaviNet aligns with my moral needs as an employee to contribute to the greater good instead of maximizing dollar return on investment.

Cons

Free pizza and beer on Fridays means a thickening waistline!

Advice to Management

Provide managment training for your new and low level management.