NaviNet Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
NaviNet President and CEO Frank Ingari
Frank Ingari

Pros
  • Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop (in 7 reviews)

• Everyone is smart, cares deeply about our customers, always willing to help a colleague, and is fun to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Many new hires don't have strong healthcare expertise/background and come from other industries (financial, etc (in 3 reviews)

• I knew the people I worked with consistently very well, but didn't really know anyone else (in 2 reviews)

"Great team in an exciting industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at NaviNet are really top notch. Everyone is smart, cares deeply about our customers, always willing to help a colleague, and is fun to work with. People really operate as a team here. And the health care space we are in couldn't be more interesting. It's going through lots of changes and will benefit greatly from the technology that NaviNet offers.

Cons

Growing pains as we shift from a custom software company to a product company, but the team qualities I mentioned above will make this overall process successful and rewarding, even if challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering the team to do what we do best--work together to find the best solutions for our customers, and have fun doing it!

"Business Intelligence"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

Their product is really good

Cons

legacy technology, Not open to new ideas and thinking

Advice to Management

Be open to new ideas

3. "Senior Customer Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Support Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Support Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet (Less than a year)

Pros

great work environment and culture. awesome people to work with. no dress code. flexible if you have to work from home due to doctors appointments

Cons

no room for advancement, salary is terrible

5. "Software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

Flexible work hours and location

Cons

Long working hours sometimes though flexible hours

"Many Great Aspects to NaviNet"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really appreciate the overall goal of the company. With the recent acquisition by NantHealth, we are part of the "Cancer Moonshot" that will directly affect millions of people. Work is meaningful; Benefits are great; Periodic activities, outings, and events are fun; Management is engaged, active, and always pushing for the next big idea/release.

Cons

Can be silo'd. Need to make a concerted effort to break away from your group-- but the opportunities are there.

Advice to Management

Make sales goals, successes, AND failures more transparent.

"Great working environment and great coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As a long-time employee at NaviNet, I have to say that I am still growing and learning after several years on the job. Everyone here works well as a team and people who come in with big egos and try to throw their weight around don't last long. Although there are a lot of smart people here, they all respect other peoples' opinions and input. The current management is honest and open and communicates with everyone in the company on a regular basis. While people work hard and deadlines are frequent, the atmosphere is relaxed and there are plenty of formal and informal social events.

Cons

NaviNet has done quite a bit of hiring in recent years and has taken on a large number of new projects. This means that there are not a lot of established processes and it often feels like we are making things up as we go. To work at NaviNet, you have to be able to deal with a little bit of chaos!

Advice to Management

While there are plenty of opportunities for career advancement and growth at NaviNet, almost all of the learning is done on the job. There never seems to be the time or the money for us to go out and get formal training or attend events and conferences. I would like to see management put more emphasis on training and education so that we can gain broader knowledge of a subject, rather than learning just enough to get the job done.

8. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

I've been able to work for the best boss I've ever had. The senior management and leaders are a source of great inspiration.

Cons

There is some general disorganization. While the company is mid-size and has been around for quite some time, it still often acts as though it's just a handful of programmers in a garage.

Advice to Management

Do not rest on your laurels. Be honest and not overly optimistic about achieving corporate goals. Do not be afraid to make minor cultural changes if it means the longevity of the company will be improved.

9. "Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty awesome company to work for. A lot of smart people who are truly passionate about fixing healthcare. Casual, fun environment with a lot of great perks. Management does a good job communicating what’s going on through monthly company-wide meetings. NaviNet seems to invest A LOT in keeping their employees happy.

Cons

The organizational structure has changed a few times. It’s not always clear what each department/role is responsible for, which causes a bit of “not my job, not my problem” attitude.

10. "Solid"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work environment, people treated with respect NaviNet was really great in offering me support and flexibility when my child was born (paid paternity leave).

Cons

Department's need to work more effectively together

Advice to Management

Continued transparency at Town Hall (monthly all hands meetings).

11. "Engaging Community, Great People"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have had a number of opportunities to grow during my time at NaviNet. The company generally looks internally first to fill new jobs, and has a good mix of staff that are both long-term and brand new to the company and industry. This creates a good mix of opinions and perspectives.
    I don't mind free food, a Ping-Pong table, chair massages, and boot camp, and Oh, the product we're building is very interesting as well!
    CEO has a great connection with employees!

Cons

People can get stuck in the way the company "used to be." That has changed in the last year or so - definitely going in the right direction!

Advice to Management

Stay consistent and honest. Employees appreciate it!