NaviNet Reviews | Glassdoor

NaviNet Reviews

Updated April 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop (in 6 reviews)

• Everyone is smart, cares deeply about our customers, always willing to help a colleague, and is fun to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Many new hires don't have strong healthcare expertise/background and come from other industries (financial, etc (in 3 reviews)

"Great working environment and great coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As a long-time employee at NaviNet, I have to say that I am still growing and learning after several years on the job. Everyone here works well as a team and people who come in with big egos and try to throw their weight around don't last long. Although there are a lot of smart people here, they all respect other peoples' opinions and input. The current management is honest and open and communicates with everyone in the company on a regular basis. While people work hard and deadlines are frequent, the atmosphere is relaxed and there are plenty of formal and informal social events.

Cons

NaviNet has done quite a bit of hiring in recent years and has taken on a large number of new projects. This means that there are not a lot of established processes and it often feels like we are making things up as we go. To work at NaviNet, you have to be able to deal with a little bit of chaos!

Advice to Management

While there are plenty of opportunities for career advancement and growth at NaviNet, almost all of the learning is done on the job. There never seems to be the time or the money for us to go out and get formal training or attend events and conferences. I would like to see management put more emphasis on training and education so that we can gain broader knowledge of a subject, rather than learning just enough to get the job done.

2. "Great spot for internship"

Pros

Excellent company culture. Great co-workers.

Cons

My chair could have been more comfortable.

3. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

I've been able to work for the best boss I've ever had. The senior management and leaders are a source of great inspiration.

Cons

There is some general disorganization. While the company is mid-size and has been around for quite some time, it still often acts as though it's just a handful of programmers in a garage.

Advice to Management

Do not rest on your laurels. Be honest and not overly optimistic about achieving corporate goals. Do not be afraid to make minor cultural changes if it means the longevity of the company will be improved.

4. "Fun Company"

Pros

Very fun company to work for, lots of opportunities to learn and participate in the community

Cons

Discontinuity between teams, lack of communication

"Not a place to build your career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at NaviNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company in Boston. Close to Chinatown if you love Asian food. You get free lunch or pizza if you love to eat and gain weight. Ironic given the company is in the healthcare industry. Company tries to have a young hip image but deep down they are really conservative.

Cons

Micromanagement - The manager was probably the last person you want to for work. Totally not a team player. Constantly think his idea was the way to go and then came back months later realizing my idea was better. Only looked at what you didn't do rather than what you did do. Unwelcoming environment.

6. "Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty awesome company to work for. A lot of smart people who are truly passionate about fixing healthcare. Casual, fun environment with a lot of great perks. Management does a good job communicating what’s going on through monthly company-wide meetings. NaviNet seems to invest A LOT in keeping their employees happy.

Cons

The organizational structure has changed a few times. It’s not always clear what each department/role is responsible for, which causes a bit of “not my job, not my problem” attitude.

7. "What I thought"

Former Employee - Resource & Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Resource & Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at NaviNet (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing company culture. Lots of extra perks. Fantastic location

Cons

Prefer not to thank you

8. "Solid"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work environment, people treated with respect NaviNet was really great in offering me support and flexibility when my child was born (paid paternity leave).

Cons

Department's need to work more effectively together

Advice to Management

Continued transparency at Town Hall (monthly all hands meetings).

"Okay."

Former Employee - Executive Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people and atmosphere, good benefits

Cons

Org structure was a mess.

10. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

Great people, Friendly work environment

Cons

Not as much internal growth opportunity as I'd hoped for.