NaviNet Reviews | Glassdoor

NaviNet Reviews

Updated April 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop (in 7 reviews)

• Everyone is smart, cares deeply about our customers, always willing to help a colleague, and is fun to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Many new hires don't have strong healthcare expertise/background and come from other industries (financial, etc (in 3 reviews)

"work here! get the net - net below."

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

walk from the T, or park your car, plop right down in a comfy chair and attend a town hall meeting in the laid back lounge setting, and submit a question (or two), nominate a coworker, have an idea? there is open door management, pizza Friday after a long week, summer outings, training sessions, webinars, benefits to keep your teeth aligned, massages, (ping pong, too, people!), corporate recess, heck no, don't trek through the snow, work from home, and pick from a pile of vacation days!

Cons

I cannot think of a single reason why you wouldn't want to set your alarm, rise and shine, and go to work at NaviNet.

Advice to Management

ping pong tournament

2. "Great place to work and grow"

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and benefits. Very smart people most of whom are very happy to help you learn and grow. Lots of opportunity for growth. Management listens and tries to keep employees happy.

Cons

Critical phase for the company where all of the company's hopes and dreams are tied to the launch and success of its flagship platform, NaviNet Open. Not sure if it's a con but it would be interesting to see how the payer / provider market reacts over the next 12-24 months.

Advice to Management

We NEED to increase our speed to market. There are a lots of great ideas inside the organization but a lot of them end up dying a slow death, because they never the see the light of day.

3. "Amazing culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, work-life balance, friendly co-workers. Every time I talk about NaviNet to my friends they say "what is this-- Google?" Free coffee, pizza, beer, and ice cream. Monthly chair massages. Volunteer opportunities. Casual dress; flip-flops and hoodies are regular office wear here. Ping-pong, basketball, ladder ball, and people only mildly make fun of me for sucking at them. People are awesome and welcoming. Lots of time off and flexible work-from-home time. Great location, especially for transportation and lunch options (sushi, chinese, and hot-pot, oh my).

Cons

Work is challenging, but in a good way!

Advice to Management

Keep it up. If you continue to feed me pizza and beer, I will continue to produce awesome results.

"A Mover and Shaker in the Healthcare IT Industry!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and atmosphere at NaviNet is truly unique; from pizza & beer Fridays, to the casual dress and Town Hall monthly meetings with EVERYONE in the office. However, NaviNet reaches beyond this to truly embrace an inclusive community. Different departments are encouraged to collaborate; both informally, and formally through the NaviNet sponsored Off the Grid competition every year. The office is an open format and you can feel a positive buzz as people communicate in groups and work toward their projects. Coming from a large top-tier corporate law firm, this organization has the right mix of focus, energy, collaboration, encouragement, and positive dynamics.

Cons

According to NaviNet's history, we are still overcoming some "old culture" mentality and embracing the new direction that is coming from top management. Therefore, many reviews from years past do not accurately reflect the current state of the organization. This is an active environment; it is extremely dynamic and ever-changing as it grows to be an industry leader. This can naturally produce pressure and fatigue over the long stretch. However, I do think that NaviNet leaders try to address this with other incentive programs.

Advice to Management

The current management at NaviNet is extremely relevant and in touch with the organization. There is a direct line from the top/down, and all of the management and executive team are extremely approachable and open to feedback. NaviNet invests an incredible amount of energy in their employees, and this translates to a sense of inclusion and being part of the team.

NaviNet Response

May 8, 2014 – Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist

Thanks for addressing some of the past, less positive remarks on our culture. I appreciate the acknowledgment of our efforts to improve the health of our culture by engaging and appreciating our ... More

6. "Excellent culture, really smart people, a great CEO, a learning and challenging environment"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

Most roles are flexible, the leadership gives you autonomy, there are many opportunities available. There is a lot to learn, many challenges to be had, and we are always improving.
    The vision / mission of the company is sound and people seem to care.
    I like feeling like I can go out for a beer with most people I work with
    Pizza and Beer Fridays, Lunches, Sporting activities, and great work functions
    I've had training every year I've worked at the company to help myself grow
    I've had a lot of opportunities to try new things and learn where my strengths are

Cons

Being operationally efficient is something that NaviNet still has a lot to improve on.
    We are transitioning I think very effectively from a Professional Services company only to a Product Company and Professional Services company. We still have a lot of people that are project focused, (i.e., there is a short term project with an end date...) without the mindset to be operationally focused for the long term. (i.e., this thing is going to live on for a long time and we have to support its success. There are some folks that are learning how to operate differently and others that will probably need to find something else to do for us to succeed.

Advice to Management

Invest a lot of time in the market listening and prioritizing with our customers their problems.
    Set a longer term vision
    Set challenging goals
    Ensure there is accountability and follow up

7. "Best team and outstanding technology"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What I like most about NaviNet is the outstanding technology that we use here. We have a highly collaborative environment where there are designated individuals for every aspect of the software development process. We use lean method and I mean seriously the real thing, and we have collective ownership to the code/process/documentation. The team is very friendly and highly technical. Can it get better than that?

Cons

Large team and not everyone adhering to the proper standards and practices

8. "Director"

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working within incredibly bright highly motivated colleagues on the future of healthcare collaboration that lowers costs and improves patient outcomes. Quality, innovation, and continuous improvement are part of the cultural fabric at NaviNet.

Hiring standards are very high and every candidate must pass the NaviNet Audition which involves defining a solution based on a set of requirements with several NaviNet Staff. The audition is customized to the type of position (e.g. Software Engineering, User Experience or Product Development). This rigorous interview process insures only best candidates are hired.

NaviNet holds an Off The Grid (OTG) event once a year where work is stopped and the staff forms small teams to work on innovative ideas for two days (hence off the grid). These projects are presented to the company on the third day, judged, and prizes are awarded. Many of these ideas make their way back into the Product Development Life-cycle.

The salary and benefits are competitive and it is hard to beat the location, three blocks from South Station - Boston, MA. In fact, most of the staff at the organization uses public transportation with quite a few cycling in from the surrounding areas. The casual dress and Beer Friday's are icing on the cake.

Cons

There is quite a bit of technical debt that has been accumulated over the years but with the transition from a service organization to a product organization that debt should be easier to refactor. replace or retire.

9. "Good Place to Be..."

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, they hire the "right" people
    Not political
    Good benefits, vacation time, work-life balance, etc.

Cons

Company still seems to be ramping up, transitioning to productized platform
    Feels like an entrepreneurial company still, which may not be the perfect fit for everyone (I like it)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Engage your employees with the vision of the company and the mission to improve healthcare

NaviNet Response

May 8, 2014 – Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist

You bring up a valuable point regarding our ramp up efforts. We think and feel like a start up with an "all hands on deck" mentality and therefore, there's a lot of ambiguity. Like you, I enjoy this ... More

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work / life balance, compensation, location, team-oriented environment, benefits

Cons

Not for a person who does not embrace a fast-paced environment and does not have the ability or desire to juggle competing priorities. Also, in this competitive market, it's difficult to hire enough engineers.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of the added perks raise employee moral. The company promotes creativity. It is a really fun place to work. I feel valued as an employee. The company sponcers many activites outside of the work place where employees and their families can spend time together and have fun. The atmosphere and culture at this company is great. Most people are friendly and willing to help you succeed. While it is a fun place to work, really important and market changing business takes place here. This company is definitely heading in the right direction.

Cons

At this time, I do not have anything negative to share about NaviNet.