NaviSite Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
NaviSite CEO Sumeet Sabharwal
Sumeet Sabharwal

Pros
Cons
  • Unorganized, owned by Time Warner Cable who understands the Cable business, but not the daily operation ofa Data Center (in 6 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance is not respected (in 4 reviews)

1. "Senior Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at NaviSite (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company so learn a lot about lot of things
    Close environment

Cons

Top management
    Bad pay masters
    Its like a one man army

"Poor Working Conditions; Oppressive Working Atmosphere."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at NaviSite full-time

Pros

Pay is at market value.

Cons

Poor working conditions: cubes are very opened and extremely small. You can hear a lot of noise and conversations which leads to too many distractions. People have loud conversations right at your workstation that you aren't included in and ignore that you are asking them to leave.

No more working at home: They took away the ability to work from home totally without any reason. It was very poorly managed by management in the first place. Expectations should have been told to the employees. And employees needed to follow them.

Oppressive atmosphere: Management doesn't trust employees to do their job. They constantly watch your time even though some of your time is spent working at home at night or weekends. No Comp time. No thank you either.

Language spoken: It's "us and them." 2 languages are spoken here. Not everyone understands each of them. English should be spoken totally in all conversations. If you want to build a strong team, they need to speak the same language.

Work/Life Balance is not respected.

Advice to Management

Work from home policy was poorly managed. There should have been rules for employees to follow. If they broke the rules, each employee should have been talked to or given a warning. You obviously were looking for a reason to take it away from everyone. You do expect us to work weekends and nights at home but don't trust us to do it one day a week.

Trust your employees to do their job where ever they may be. Give them headsets to cut down the noise to concentrate on their jobs.

"Sr Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Pros

Most Project Managers have received ITIL training; the company is now synchronizing processes with the ITIL lessons learned. Good process and methodology to provide consistent service to customers. Great co-workers!

Cons

Many projects require night and weekend cutovers. This is understandable when working with production environments, but team should be relieved from work the following day. Burnout is common.

Advice to Management

Teams need more work-life balance; might be better to assign night/weekend work to team members who work that shift.

"Frustrating and no direction"

I worked at NaviSite full-time

Pros

Worked with some great people. Decent opportunity to learn new technologies.

Cons

There are a few people that contribute...overload the brightest people until they burn out and quit. The rest just coast along. Ever changing priorities, no direction. Old, outdated tools but doesn't want to invest in upgrade. Instead, keep coming up with new products to sell without fixing first what is broken at the foundation of the business.

Advice to Management

Upper management all has their own agenda. The blame game runs rampant here.

"Good potential. Bad management."

Current Contractor - Windows Systems Engineer in Andover, MA
    Current Contractor - Windows Systems Engineer in Andover, MA

I have been working at NaviSite as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good exposure to technology. Good benefits. Good client base. Good locations. Generally good colleagues.

Cons

Poor management. Does not leverage the smartest people there. Management not tech savvy and or visionary. Overworked employees. Zero culture. Stuck in the 80s. Zero internal promotions. Only managers and above receive bonuses.

Advice to Management

Hire smart visionary people. Leverage and promote the smart people you have. Address the cons listed.

"Two Stars for Benefits, Zero Stars for Integrity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at NaviSite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent medical, dental, vision and vacation benefits! Probably the best I've had in my career. The hours and pay are pretty good too.

Cons

Leadership is clueless and very ineffective. People are really checked-out here. A merger scenario that has dragged on for almost two years now, with the future being a question mark leaves everyone on auto pilot.

Advice to Management

Start looking for another place where you can coast. This gravy train you've been on will either end or force you out into the real business world where people can see your true colors before you know it.

"No training to keep you current"

Former Employee - Oracle Client Manager in North Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Oracle Client Manager in North Andover, MA

I worked at NaviSite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home 2x /week

Cons

Cheap, don't invest in employees to keep skills current

"Correction in direction need"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Andover, MA

I have been working at NaviSite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure technologies from the latest to decade old vendor unsupported.

Cons

Lack of direction due to inexperience of some the key decision makers.

Advice to Management

Get qualified technical mid level management.

"Does not pay market salaries, need to fight to get the right salary up front."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Flexible work at home, stable list of clients. Have to be self motivator,

Cons

Salary levels are below market, looking for Time Warner to change this.

Advice to Management

Fix the sales team, they are very weak. Cant sell a deal without having client facing teams holding their hands. Start to clean out the management tier from Surebridge, they form too tight a club, which prevents growth of talent. Put some decent management in India, current management is poor and does not know how to retain talent.

"Disorganized"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The office floor was always quiet.

Cons

I worked in the Santa Clara office briefly after my company was acquired. Many of the florescent lights kept flickering or were off completely. My cube was on the 2nd floor over their computer room on the 1st floor and the floor vibrated constantly. I inquired with the maintenance guy there, but nothing got done about any of this.

My fellow employees all seemed down all the time. I found it little depressing. I never saw much organization there or vision from the top. They just seemed to have scattered projects without one vision or identity. The management structure also seemed unclear. My team's manager had about 5 people above him and even he said he was unclear who reported to whom.

Based on what I was told, they bought my old company because we had one super-customer whose business they wanted. Shortly after Navisite bought my company, they lost this customer. Rather than keeping us all to work on other projects, they laid us all off. Then, they tried to hire me back on contract (and at least one other coworker I know of), but without benefits and at the same salary (and the contract would only be for a certain period, like a few months, and then would have to be renewed).

Advice to Management

My advice to Navisite management is to become more organized and communicate a clear vision to the employees. Also, get those florescent lights fixed in the Santa Clara office.