NaviSite Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
NaviSite President & CEO Brooks Borcherding
Brooks Borcherding

Pros
Cons
  • Unorganized, owned by Time Warner Cable who understands the Cable business, but not the daily operation ofa Data Center (in 6 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance is not respected (in 4 reviews)

1. "RSM"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager IT Services and Software
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager IT Services and Software

I have been working at NaviSite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very broad portfolio, fairly easy to find something to sell, as long as you can get in front of the right person. Unique value-added services that set the company apart from the competition. They constantly looking for the next big thing and try to be an early adaptor - creating a window where we are only ones with the offer.

Cons

very broad portfolio. as much as we want to tailor solution to fit customer requirements, we try to be flexible, we do have some limitations. Marketing & Product Management a bit behind.

Advice to Management

We need to expand our Prof. Services capabilities.

"About company"

Pros

Good for beginners and quick learning !!

Cons

Not a stable workplace
    No process adherence
    A typical client oriented organization

Advice to Management

none

"Good to have a job"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at NaviSite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I appreciate the work NaviSite provides. I work with good people who try their best.

Cons

My perception is that NaviSite tries to save money by hiring from India which results in lower quality of work and flawed communications.

Advice to Management

Hire within the United States

"Amazing Environment"

I worked at NaviSite full-time

Pros

- excellent working environment
    -Good pay
    -Worked with some great people. Decent opportunity to learn new technologies.

Cons

Owned by Comcast
    Time Warner is becoming more involved in the day - to - day, where previously they were very hands off
    Time Warner is being consumed by Carter Cable, and our future is uncertain. Uncertainty creates risk.
    Very difficult to get / offer any discounts to win deals.

Advice to Management

The company mantra is the importance of providing superior service, but management seems more concerned with costs - there has been a pattern of over-working engineers, instead of adding staff. This has a detrimental impact on service, as well as employee morale. Talented (but overworked) engineers leave, replacement is slow (or doesn't happen), and the cycle continues.

6. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Datacenter Technician in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Datacenter Technician in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NaviSite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are great opportunities to moved up.

Cons

Long process to get hired on

Advice to Management

Speed up the hiring process.

"Nice work life balance but limited career growth"

Current Employee - Oracle in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Oracle in Andover, MA

I have been working at NaviSite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Navisite offers good pay and provides better work life balance than my previous companies. No micro management and people listen to you when you have good suggestions.

Cons

No Bonus and career growth is limited. This company is matrix driven with limited hierarchy.

Advice to Management

Should more opportunities to show case one's skills for better positions and better pay.

"Plenty of opportunity but long hours"

I worked at NaviSite full-time

Pros

NaviSite made an early push into the cloud along with some major investments in technology so this was a great place to gain early cloud experience.

Cons

Place was a bit dysfunctional with changes in management and the Time Warner cable acquisition. Sales typically over-promised and the operations team was not staffed to the level required resulting in many unhappy customers.

Advice to Management

Set a strategy and stick to it.

"Go over my experience."

I have been working at NaviSite full-time

Pros

Good place to learn and advance for beginners.

Cons

No bonus and limited training.

"Good Company, Good Management"

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at NaviSite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to expand sales exposure, leading edge technology developed and rolled out by smart individuals

Cons

Too short a time with Navi to know.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the talent in the ranks and make sure they are motivated and incented accordingly.

"NaviSite Rocks"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Training and experience gained from working on a team with seasoned veterans who are willing to show you the ropes. Enterprise applications are the key platform for your business growth. Getting the most out of them requires careful mapping of the applications to your business objectives and processes, as well as maintaining them with high agility and reliability.

By entrusting your enterprise Application Implementation to the experts at NaviSite, you get streamlined processes, outstanding results, and controllable costs. Our offerings include application consulting, planning, implementation, upgrade, optimization, and governance/compliance capabilities for the leading enterprise applications

Cons

Travelling to distant locations and not always staying in the best hotels. As the increasing performance and accessibility of technology continues to level the playing field across most industries, you can still retain your competitive edge by seeking out time-and cost-efficient ways to deploy technology solutions.

NaviSite addresses this demand in the business application realm with our Rapid Implementation Community Model (RICM) – a methodology that gives you a whole new outlook on rapid ROI and accelerated timelines. This accelerated application implementation methodology provides small to mid-sized companies with the benefits of a Tier 1 enterprise solution along with a team of experts who deliver a completely scalable, integrated, and automated solution – in just 90 days. Our lab-configured environments ensure that you receive the benefits of increased functionality with minimal impact on internal resources

Advice to Management

Develop more of a community and inter-active two way communication channel for people who travel and work at teh client site