Navigant Reviews | Glassdoor

Navigant Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Navigant does a pretty good job of creating a culture that supports a sustainable work-life balance, which isn't common in management consulting (in 58 reviews)

• Good work-life balance, smart people (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • The company could do a lot more to support a healthy work life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours, work can be dull at times (in 28 reviews)

"Great opportunities, lots of work"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great access to senior management. Management is real interested in delivering quality projects. Good pay. Projects are not super difficult but do require long hours. **Note pros and cons vary by the PRACTICE**

Cons

401K match is just ok. It's difficult to use all of your vacation time. Staffing on good projects to not equitable but based on popularity and politics.

Advice to Management

Invest more in training, hiring quality people, and focus on equitable staffing.

"Great people, interesting work with excellent opportunities for advancement"

Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very intelligent colleagues
    Limitless training opportunities
    Interesting projects
    Good pay and transparent bonus structure
    Generally, the firm is flexible with work - life balance, though job deadlines can impact that
    Culture - offices offer different committees for planning social events, philanthropic events, etc.

Cons

Client always comes first and while this is the exception, not the rule, sometimes work impacts life.
    It can be challenging work with challenging deadlines
    While the C - AD level is more transparent in terms of promotion cycles, bonus structure, etc. it is difficult to know exactly what it takes to make it to Director or Managing Director (in terms of the responsibilities and rewards).

Advice to Management

Continue to improve on the overall Navigant Brand, not just in terms of pursuing client work, but within the former, current and prospective workforce. As I look through some of my colleagues and former colleagues comments regarding their time at Navigant, I am concerned, because it has not been my experience and there are not currently as many positive entries. That is not to say the negative entries are inaccurate, but Navigant should do a better job of determining areas for improvement and addressing prior to them getting to this point.

"Great place to work if you like a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that pays for performance"

Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong experienced leaders who work alongside staff providing an outstanding learning experience for the whole team, nice people to work with, good teamwork and collaboration, we work on challenging assignments at industry leading companies, if you perform well there are lots of advancement opportunities and good compensation, not a lot of beauracracy like at Big Four consulting firms, no independence issues that get in the way of sales

Cons

Lacks the global scale of large consulting firms (but the pluses far outweigh the cons)

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to tell the Navigant story better since many people do not know who we are. Build a much better web presence to help promote the brand.

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Navigant full-time

Pros

Faced paced with a wide array of opportunities to strength the depth of your skills set.

Cons

On the small side, which is often a benefit.

Advice to Management

Consider becoming a private company again.

"It's an exciting time to be at Navigant - the company's strategic vision for forward momentum is coming to life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our leadership team has clearly articulated a vision for future growth, we are bring top talent on board and winning great engagements that keep our workforce challenged and motivated. The company offers internal and external training options to advance its workforce and the culture here embraces diversity through Employee Resource Groups. The Firm also supports new ideas and has created platforms, like the Innovation Challenge to reward employees for out-of-the-box thinking.

Cons

Change doesn't always happen overnight, but the company is making strides in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and articulating the path for growth to employees. It's great that management offers feedback on areas that need work. The senior leadership team is also doing a great job of communicating the vision for growth, but it would be great to see more examples of how that vision is (or will be) actualized.

"Probably the best job I've had in this field, work with really smart people and the team comes together very well"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is very employee-friendly, flexible to work from home, proactive about training, communicating strategies, and community involvement. Income is competitive and incentives are based on performance.

Cons

None really, as long as you work hard and bring skills to the table. More than 3 weeks vacation would be nice.

Navigant Response

Sep 15, 2014 – Sr. Manager, Human Capital

Thank you for sharing your experience at Navigant. Feedback such as this is important in shaping the future of the company.

7. "I was a contractor and converted. Best decision I made"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Navigant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding company, culture and upward mobility

Cons

Some of co-pays in health plan are a bit steep

Navigant Response

Oct 9, 2014 – Sr. Manager, Human Capital

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience. We wish you much continued success here.

8. "Review"

Pros

Great local management and culture and work.

Cons

None of any significance in my opinion.

Advice to Management

None

"Great company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Navigant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a well diversified company that provides excellent health benefits and training opportunities. It also provides an motivating environment to develop as a consultant.

Cons

The different sectors of the company do not seem to blend together in an amalgamated fashion. There seems to be different corporate cultures across different practices.

"Consulting"

Pros

Flexibility, challenge, continual learning, industry leader

Cons

Office work is office work