Navis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Kyle Buehner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Strong culture of innovation with a great work/life balance"

Former Employee - Administrator in Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Administrator in Bend, OR

I worked at Navis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership is exceptional when it comes to adapting to a shifting market and making necessary moves to ensure goals are met. I worked in a technical role for 2 years at Navis and never felt like my future with the company was in jeopardy as long as I contributed to the term and performed at a high level. Its definitely a company where hard work pays off and slacking gets left behind (which should be a good thing to any real talent).

There was a strong sense of real friendship between coworkers, even across departments. Lots of family friendly events littered throughout the calendar year, filled in with mini events here and there in between holidays. Happy hours and after work get togethers were a regular occurrence.

The VP of Sales specifically should be recognized as an anchor for the company, especially when the times were tough. She kept a steady head and captained the ship without hesitation when it was needed most during my time there.

Cons

Sometimes there are hard seasons where competition in the market brings on high stress situations, but this is hardly a con. That's the reality of working in a sales and marketing environment with high capacity people who set big goals. The pros of the company greatly outweigh the con of stress, which should be expected.

"NAVIS review"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Bend, OR

I have been working at Navis (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, family oriented, many opportunities to advance and grow

Cons

No cons, I love working here

"Awesome culture with great team atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Bend, OR

I have been working at Navis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NAVIS fosters a great team environment, and provides good training and resources for employees to continue to learn and reach their potential. I've really enjoyed being a part of a high performing team that still knows how to make work fun.

Cons

I personally love that the work is very fast paced, but it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

I love how the company values continue to be a core part of our business!

"Slowly loosing it's true meaning of Family & Core Values"

I worked at Navis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Agents who work together thru the thick of it, the Sups that put up with the shuffling about from one campaign to the next. The staff that keeps batteling thru and does it with a smile.

Cons

Everyone being in the dark due to lack of communication being passed down from upper management to Sr's to Agents until the last second.
    Everyone is expendable anymore. What used to be a company driven by core values of take care of each other has turned into the true call center, everyone is a dollar sign and effects the bottom line. Layoffs in one state to not sour the taste in another state, All for meney sake. Toxicity and game playing if percieved wrong.

Advice to Management

Re-think how you are treating your agents, your sups, your Sr's. Some have changed what this company was started as. Even when times change you do not need to lose site of your core values and lose the decency of how you treat people. Your managment, some in particular are changing Navis for the worse...wake up and ask yourself is this really what this Company was started as? Talk to your Sups, ask them honestly how they feel, 1 on 1, go to your long term agents and support staff, you will see. Toxicity has seeped in and pushed some good people out :-(

"Sr. Management doesn't REALLY like change, although they say they want it."

I worked at Navis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-There are (were) some really smart people who work(ed) here.
    -Could have some really innovative products in an industry that is years behind the tech curve for the most part.

Cons

-Sr leadership team
    -Myopic product vision
    -While they have as set of values, they are only upheld when it behoves the leadership team.
    -It's all about what sales needs for their current deal not what's right for customers going forward.

Advice to Management

When you hire smart people let them do what you've hired them for and don't second guess and dismiss their input.

"Awesome culture with room to grow!"

Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Remote, OR

I worked at Navis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NAVIS is a fast paced growing company that provides exceptional training, professional development/growth opportunities and outstanding leadership.

The work environment and culture was welcoming and fun. From leadership on down people treated each other with respect and honesty. We lived by "the golden rule" and held each other accountable to it each day. Those who somehow made it into the company that did not embody the company core values always stuck out like a sore thumb and typically did not last long. Many of the folks I worked with became life long friends.

Work life balance was important and as a remote employee gave me flexibility. Community involvement and philanthropic opportunities were plenty.

Cons

Most of my team worked in the office while I was the only remote employee. Engagement and building synergies with my team mates was sometimes difficult. The remote life also lead to additional travel to the office (time away from home) but to be fair I knew that upfront.

Advice to Management

The future is bright for NAVIS! Keep living your core values, love your clients and the work that you do. I'd still be at NAVIS if a career advancement opportunity hadn't swept me away.

7. "RSA"

Current Employee - RSA in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - RSA in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Navis part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work from home job with commissions

Cons

none really you get to work from home so you should responsible

"Great culture, for high performers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

I have been working at Navis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been given a lot of freedom in my role to learn and grow, and am encouraged to help develop the skills and passion of others on the NAVIS team. My schedule is flexible and my department is very trusting - the mindset is that if you're getting things done, it's ok if you need to leave early, take a day off or head to an appointment. And our team is always so slammed at the fast pace we move within, that it's created a really great team dynamic of trust and empowerment in each other. I've asked for and been given multiple promotions and raises. I also feel like as a tech company, we're really starting to look and feel like a tech company as there's been more freedom in casual dress code, more modern spaces being added, more company events and recognition for employees. It's nice!

Cons

Following on my pros though is that I've seen a lot of turnover in other areas of the companies. Most are due to people who just can't keep up. Some others are due to changing directions and confusion from leadership - stemming from the pace at which the company is growing. I do think it's a good thing that people who aren't performing are typically let go quickly. But in some specific departments I've seen toxic individuals who disrespect others stick around too long because their manager didn't see the issue soon enough.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of great minds inside the company, outside of the leadership team that I think could be a great resource for gaining feedback on company roadmap.

And just get rid of the rest of the cubicles. They're horrible and unwelcoming to other departments.

9. "If you like work/life balance and fantastic coworkers this company is for you"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Bend, OR

I have been working at Navis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brilliant marketing team, management values creating a good atmosphere and culture for us, driven employees who love the outdoors, the CEO keeps us well informed on how the company is doing, we get 8 hours of paid volunteer service, fun incentives and holiday celebrations. Absolutely love this company and their marketing department.

Cons

Some growing pains but thats just life. Working on communication across the various departments.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and explain company decisions from the Senior Leadership Team. Sometimes there would be news that no one saw coming so it would be nice to be kept in the loop a bit more, especially at the start of a potentially large decision.

"review"

I worked at Navis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay and benefits and location

Cons

very cliquish environment WITH religious undertones!

Advice to Management

make managers take management training AND sensitivity training.