Navis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Kyle Buehner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

I worked at Navis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome people, solid product offerings, real focus on company culture and taking care of their people.

Cons

Maybe growing too fast - can't create the best products of proper time isn't taken.

"Under The Microscope"

I worked at Navis part-time

Pros

Work from home option is good

Cons

Poor communication. Inconsistent processes.

Advice to Management

To many cooks in the kitchen

3. "A fun, fast-growing, family company"

Former Employee - Product in Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Product in Bend, OR

I worked at Navis part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great work/life balance
    -Resort town
    -Fair compensation
    -Fast-paced
    -Employee camaraderie
    -Opportunities to grow
    -Company values

Cons

-Company is seperated with remote agents and offices separated (West coast/East coast)

Advice to Management

There is a lot of room for growth in this industry. Keep up the growth trend that has occurred in the past 10 years by hiring talent that is capable of managing a company of this size and by providing solutions to what this market expects and demands.

"Strong culture of innovation with a great work/life balance"

Former Employee - Administrator in Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Administrator in Bend, OR

I worked at Navis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership is exceptional when it comes to adapting to a shifting market and making necessary moves to ensure goals are met. I worked in a technical role for 2 years at Navis and never felt like my future with the company was in jeopardy as long as I contributed to the term and performed at a high level. Its definitely a company where hard work pays off and slacking gets left behind (which should be a good thing to any real talent).

There was a strong sense of real friendship between coworkers, even across departments. Lots of family friendly events littered throughout the calendar year, filled in with mini events here and there in between holidays. Happy hours and after work get togethers were a regular occurrence.

The VP of Sales specifically should be recognized as an anchor for the company, especially when the times were tough. She kept a steady head and captained the ship without hesitation when it was needed most during my time there.

Cons

Sometimes there are hard seasons where competition in the market brings on high stress situations, but this is hardly a con. That's the reality of working in a sales and marketing environment with high capacity people who set big goals. The pros of the company greatly outweigh the con of stress, which should be expected.

"NAVIS review"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Bend, OR

I have been working at Navis (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, family oriented, many opportunities to advance and grow

Cons

No cons, I love working here

"Crumbling fast"

I worked at Navis full-time

Pros

Their market is ripe for the next big software solution and Navis still has enough footing to be it. If they get it right, it could be a great growth company.

Cons

- Out-of-touch, under-qualified senior leadership
    - Software is hard to use and even harder to sell
    - Trying to be everything (call center, pro services, and software) leads to confusion
    - Low morale across the company
    - Work/life balance (used to be a pro) is *very* dependent on your position

Advice to Management

Get out of your company's way. Don't pretend to be something you're not -- a management team.

Start listening to the smart people you've been fortunate enough to recruit at the producer level (you're lucky you're in Bend).

Kyle,
    - Split your business into manageable units
    - Find investors that know those markets
    - Step back to a board member role
    - Let your partners help you find the right management team to lead each unit

The Peter principle has nearly killed what could have been something great. Act now or continue to watch what you and your father built whither away.

"Awesome culture with great team atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Bend, OR

I have been working at Navis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NAVIS fosters a great team environment, and provides good training and resources for employees to continue to learn and reach their potential. I've really enjoyed being a part of a high performing team that still knows how to make work fun.

Cons

I personally love that the work is very fast paced, but it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

I love how the company values continue to be a core part of our business!

"Slowly loosing it's true meaning of Family & Core Values"

I worked at Navis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Agents who work together thru the thick of it, the Sups that put up with the shuffling about from one campaign to the next. The staff that keeps batteling thru and does it with a smile.

Cons

Everyone being in the dark due to lack of communication being passed down from upper management to Sr's to Agents until the last second.
    Everyone is expendable anymore. What used to be a company driven by core values of take care of each other has turned into the true call center, everyone is a dollar sign and effects the bottom line. Layoffs in one state to not sour the taste in another state, All for meney sake. Toxicity and game playing if percieved wrong.

Advice to Management

Re-think how you are treating your agents, your sups, your Sr's. Some have changed what this company was started as. Even when times change you do not need to lose site of your core values and lose the decency of how you treat people. Your managment, some in particular are changing Navis for the worse...wake up and ask yourself is this really what this Company was started as? Talk to your Sups, ask them honestly how they feel, 1 on 1, go to your long term agents and support staff, you will see. Toxicity has seeped in and pushed some good people out :-(

"Sr. Management doesn't REALLY like change, although they say they want it."

I worked at Navis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-There are (were) some really smart people who work(ed) here.
    -Could have some really innovative products in an industry that is years behind the tech curve for the most part.

Cons

-Sr leadership team
    -Myopic product vision
    -While they have as set of values, they are only upheld when it behoves the leadership team.
    -It's all about what sales needs for their current deal not what's right for customers going forward.

Advice to Management

When you hire smart people let them do what you've hired them for and don't second guess and dismiss their input.

"Awesome culture with room to grow!"

Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Remote, OR

I worked at Navis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NAVIS is a fast paced growing company that provides exceptional training, professional development/growth opportunities and outstanding leadership.

The work environment and culture was welcoming and fun. From leadership on down people treated each other with respect and honesty. We lived by "the golden rule" and held each other accountable to it each day. Those who somehow made it into the company that did not embody the company core values always stuck out like a sore thumb and typically did not last long. Many of the folks I worked with became life long friends.

Work life balance was important and as a remote employee gave me flexibility. Community involvement and philanthropic opportunities were plenty.

Cons

Most of my team worked in the office while I was the only remote employee. Engagement and building synergies with my team mates was sometimes difficult. The remote life also lead to additional travel to the office (time away from home) but to be fair I knew that upfront.

Advice to Management

The future is bright for NAVIS! Keep living your core values, love your clients and the work that you do. I'd still be at NAVIS if a career advancement opportunity hadn't swept me away.