Navy Federal Credit Union Reviews in Pensacola, FL | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Navy Federal Credit Union President and CEO Cutler Dawson
Cutler Dawson

Pros
  • They have great benefits and really care about their employees (in 106 reviews)

• They cater to work life balance and especially to the military lifestyle (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Something work-life balance may be off depending on the type of work environment you are in (in 30 reviews)

• Evening and weekend hrs no work life balance (in 12 reviews)

1. "RESPA loan reviewer"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Pensacola, FL
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work. By working here you have great benefits for you and your family and a fantastic place to retire from

Cons

The traffic getting here , but the road is becoming larger so this will not be a problem in the future.

2. "Software Quality Assurance"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Tester in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Tester in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with great benefits to include paid vacations, paid holidays and profit sharing

Cons

Big company and growing bigger. Its easy to get lost in the shuffle sometimes and you may not get as much recognition as you would like. Also team cohesiveness can be lacking

Advice to Management

Management should seek the input of those doing the job more before implementing changes

3. "Assistant Manager, Branch Office"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and opportunities for advancement

Cons

The only con is that branch employees aren't compensated on the same level as call center, for equivalent work, if not more difficult.

"You let me down"

Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good hot food in the cafeteria at a good price. (Pensacola center).

Cons

Much of the management staff is green. Two years or less of experience. If Your an older employee, watch out. New training programs in place to help weed out new people. On the surface, the company promotes lots of good will toward its employees. It shouts out the promises of great benefits and good pay with excellent work life balance. Management thinks they can do no wrong and displays a belief that you are very lucky to have a job here. The non profit company is now going through growing pains and is starting to cut corners. They have openly talked about this in town hall meetings. Cutting down training programs and expecting more for less looks like the future for Navy Federal Employees. As long as there is a line at the door to get in, Navy Federal will find some way to cut corners on operations. Its happing now.

Advice to Management

I had high hopes coming to work for you. With all my experience and documented success in providing great service, you made a mistake. You let me down. It was my goal to work hard and succeed for you and for myself. I thought at last I found a Company that cares like I do. The truth is you don't care. You didn't even give me the dignity to have an exit interview. A great opportunity to hear what I had to say. And I would have given you some Important information I think could help in keeping experienced employees. The company makes a big noise about how important its employees are but doesn't care over what may be a fault in a new training program. With a line to get in the door why should you care. My dismissal was rude and uncalled for on your part. I'm sorry if I disappointed you, but I'm more sorry over the fact that your not the company I was hopping you where.

"Double Standards in Some Areas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility with work hours, benefits, Management is understanding about personal items, career opportunities.

Cons

What I do not like are one of the double standards. I understand the policy with cell phones ie no texting, out of sight, no phone calls, etc. I follow this policy more than anyone. Unfortunately, I would see my Supervisor texting on the cell phone and/or looking up something when I would go to my Supervisor's desk. This happens quite frequently. I would also see the Assistant Manager and Manager with what looked like a personal cell phone while walking around. At times, I would see them texting. If it is an NFCU cellphone and the texting is for NFCU business, that is fine.

During one occasion, the SVP was talking with a fellow MSR about his house remodifications for close to 30 minutes. Another supervisor was standing in front of me listening to the conversation for a fair amount of time. I did say Hello to both. The SVP even pulled out the personal cell phone, looked up an item regarding tile replacement, and mentioned that to the MSR. Since our business unit does not involve house repairs, this 30 minute time block was not NFCU business. During our working hours, we are supposed to be working on NFCU matters. We should not be talking about house repairs for 30 minutes, college football, March Madness, etc. I see actions such as this more often than I should.

Advice to Management

Review the policy on cell phones, work atmosphere and follow it. If Supervisors and above need to have a cell phone on their desk, then I recommend that it is one issued by NFCU and used for NFCU matters.

"Quality Assurance"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not micro managed and it helps us grow in a wonderful way

Cons

Traffic could be handled better

Advice to Management

Keep collaborating to make things better

8. "Beware of a very closed culture."

Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in Pensacola, FL
    Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facility, decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Very ineffective management, close-minded co-workers, a sense that you are being closely monitored at all times, which you are.

Advice to Management

Realize that talent and intelligence can come from any background. Understand that people have a right to not participate in religious discussions and shouldn't be reprimanded for it.

9. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cultural, facilities, pay, and benefits.

Cons

Talent pool can be low due to it's location.

Advice to Management

Continually reward the top talent that you find to keep them and let them grow.

"Overall, good experience even though the job required a lot of outgoing calls to customers. I worked in Collections."

Former Employee - Delinquency Control Counselor I in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Delinquency Control Counselor I in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, great benefits, helpful management and co workers.

Cons

Stressful outgoing calls to members to collect debt on credit cards and loans. No smoking allowed on property. High-volume call center atmosphere. Sometimes employees seem "too" happy on a daily basis (Stepford Wives-like smiles), which might be good for some people, but kinda weird to me.

Advice to Management

Management was great. No complaints there.

"Great company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Department in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Department in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Navy Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great advancement opportunities, fitness center, dry cleaning drop off/pick up; cafeteria, bonuses; awesome colleagues, clean, friendly environment. Of course it is not a perfect company but mutual respect and ethics are very high. It is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Learn to submit to your supervisors even if they are froward. Stay far away from gossip and back biting. You will set yourself up for promotion by being humble and having integrity. Respect EVERYONE and do great honest work, even if you don't like your current position. There is room to advance and your PIP will reflect your performance. Favor doesn't come from man. Be grateful for what you have before it's gone! I am blessed and grateful to work at Navy Federal.

Cons

They're working on the parking situation :-)

Advice to Management

Quiet workers can be some of your most powerful assets; please don't assume that quiet=weak. Great job with corporate vision; keep employees updated on improvements/enhancements for the business. Improve starting salary for entry level degreed employees. Cultivate an environment of more inclusivity. Good job on keeping morale high!!!