KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Navy Federal Credit Union

Engaged Employer

Navy Federal Credit Union

Add a Review

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews about "navy federal"

Updated Oct 20, 2021

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and worth(in 450 reviews)
  • "Great pay and you can move up in the company fast(in 186 reviews)
  • "Yearly bonus and thats about it(in 99 reviews)
  • "The culture is great and there's always someone to help if you aren't sure about something.(in 67 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 47 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Navy Federal Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "navy federal"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love it here!

Feb 13, 2017 - Business Operations Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Navy Federal truly cares about its members and employees! Member service comes first above all else, and the employees care and want to help. We are empowered to make decisions that best assist the member, and don't have to constantly worry about someone looking over our shoulder. The people that I work with everyday, I've become very close with and we really are like a family. Another big pro is that NFCU recently released teleworking opportunities for employees who meet certain criteria. Although this is still a pilot phase, it has so far worked out very well for the individuals that I know of who chose to do it. I myself did not want to because I enjoy coming into the office. The yearly bonus! The company holds a week long celebration each year for us. Everyday there is some sort of treat available, like coffee, snacks, and fruit. NFCU takes feedback from its employees very seriously. Recognition is given for submitting ideas to change existing policies and procedures, and having that idea implemented.

Cons

Although the salary is very competitive, yearly merit increase percentages could be higher. Also, it would be nice to see more opportunity for promotion. Hopefully this will come about when our next building goes up!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Misleading

Dec 1, 2019 - Mortgage Loan Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has great benefits but only if you get hired on as Navy Federal Employee.

Cons

In the mortgage area you come on as a contractor and can stay there for years without becoming an actual employee of Navy Federal

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Mar 15, 2015 - Member Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company all around. Navy Federal is very fair to its employees and I was proud to work for them. The benefits and compensation were excellent. I didn't work there long enough due to a move, but there were opportunities for advancement.

Cons

My only complaint is the management team members I worked for were not that spectacular. The branch manager in particular was too hard on the employees in a very unprofessional way and was quite rude to everyone. This was brought to human resources' attention by numerous employees and nothing was done.

2 people found this review helpful