Naylor Association Solutions Advertising Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Naylor Association Solutions Advertising Sales Representative Reviews

Updated May 31, 2017

3.4
Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr
  1. "The Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been at Naylor pretty much my whole career. What we do here is pretty special. We sell advertising-Print, Online for Trade Associations all over. This place has always been a special place. The people here are truly amazing and some of my life BFF's. The job is sales. It's a hard job. It's a hard job anywhere you have to sell for a living but this place gives you the best opportunity to sell. We work for... the best Trade Associations everywhere. We truly care about our associations and everyone here really wants to make a difference. I've never seen this many individuals working towards the same goal. It's a fun, caring work environment. I'm always shocked to read such reviews below about how we don't care and how people have nightmares. Don't let that make your decision for you. There are some great people here and we have a great opportunity for you to gain knowledge and expertise in the association world and we need more great individuals to add to our existent Naylor family. If it were easy everyone would do it....Most that leave don't try and then leave negative reviews but the ones that stay and work hard really do make a difference in their lives with this career.

Cons

The biggest room for improvement we have is to continue to make our employees feel special. As we continue to grow we have to remember how our walls were built and remember the employees and individuals and associations that have got us here. This is a hard job so incentives are a must. We can do better in this category.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to push our employees to be the best. Someone come up with some good sales incentives and contests and fun and games. That is what we are missing. Team Bonding! It's why I initially loved this place and how we can get more new people to feel part of something bigger. Some teams have great team bonding but not all teams are the same so many feel left out.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-31

"Sales"

Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions

Pros

There are a fair amount of good people working here, some are very genuine and nice while others I got the sales person vibe where they were putting up a facade. The outside aesthetics of the building was nice, but nothing breath taking or out of the ordinary.

Cons

So, this company hires fast, which should have in hindsight been red flag number one, within two weeks of applying I was hired and this unfortunate experience began. The first two weeks almost mirror the interview you will have. They break down the company what they stand for, how there is no micromanaging, work life balance, etc. You don’t really do too much during this time, it is a lot like high school you learn... your script and recite it so you, “Don’t get reported to HR.” The real problems occur within the first 1.5 months of your employment here, I am going to break it down what I saw to be the major qualms that I had with this company that I didn’t notice any other reviewer go over. 1. The, “No micromanaging” they tell you’ This is not true to put it blunt this is micromanaging heaven. You will be consistently hounded for either call volume or why aren’t you at quota. Even if you have quota but not volume, you will still be getting a talking to. 2. Work life balance You have a little more control over this but several times, I was asked to load leads on weekends or stay longer during the weekday. While the pay for what you get ($30,000 base) is decent, it does not merit in my opinion working at 45+ hour workweek. If you refuse to either load leads on the weekend or sometimes stay longer because of California being a later time zone, you will be once more on thin ice. 3. The work itself During my interview I was told this was business to business (B2B) and that we would have leads loaded for us and the vast majority of the companies knew who Naylor was. This is a half true, some of the companies knew who Naylor was (maybe 5 out of 500) but, the majority of them did not know and were not very happy to be bothered during their prime working hours, which during the latter portion of at my time at Naylor, I began to sympathize with the people who were not pleased with me calling. This was a long, as I wanted to make this review before droning on too much, there is still so much more that I was not happy with. There is an extremely high turnover rate for a reason, classes of 3-10 come in and within 6 months out of a 10-person class 3 might still be there. Heavily consider your options before signing with this company, the people are nice but the work is anything but nice. If you have anything irking you about the job itself if you start working here, do your research once you’re in and formulate your own opinion.

Advice to Management

I would think about it if I were management with a turnover rate so high and when the claim is having a surplus of, “qualified applicants” then I would ask why do so many people leave? There is something on the parting employees side due to leaving but thinking that they are 100% in the wrong is not leaving the door open for company improvement.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-10-24

October 26, 2016Development Manager

Thank you for your input as it does help us grow as a company. I am sorry you felt as if you were in high school during our training. We work very hard at executing the best training possible. Normally I hear that the training was the best sales training a new sales rep has ever had. I hear this from existing reps and those that have left. We take a lot of time hiring the right person as we do know this is not the job for everyone. On average in Gainesville we have hired around 4-5 inside sales reps per month. We do have some that are not a fit, but we take plenty of time helping them before we make that call. It is not about just the goal but do we see sustainable growth each month. I am sorry you felt micromanaged from any manager here. That is not my style, but I am sure it happens. I will take that feedback to make sure that does not happen again. It is a heavy lead researching job. If this was not communicated to you during your interview, I again apologize. Naylor is very well known and there are times clients do not want our call but we are inside B2B sales, that is what we do and we do it well. There is turn over in any sales company, but our retention has grown since 2013. We do not want to replace anyone we hire. This is unrealistic, but we go into each new hire trying never to lose them. I am sorry you have felt otherwise. We wish you future success.

3. "sales"

Advertising Sales Representative

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions

Pros

Very family oriented and flexible. Everyone wants you to succeed.

Cons

This job can be repetitive.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-06-15

"It's good if you know what you're getting into"

Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions for less than a year

Pros

working with salespeople is fun, everyone is very nice and easy to get along with. coaches are always willing to help out and usually very encouraging. If you can succeed here you can do VERY well for yourself

Cons

very stressful internal pressures to succeed. high turnover on salespeople. don't go into sales because you're "good with people". to maintain a reliable success rate you need to have a killer instinct. If you don't mind most of your interactions involving you interrupting the person you're on the phone with, you can do well here.

Advice to Management

streamline the CRM system so there isn't so much accidental crossover on territory

Naylor Association Solutions2016-02-24

March 21, 2016Sr. Sales Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to Naylor! Our priority is creating a positive, hardworking environment for our employees with the goal of achieving success for all employees. Sales is a difficult position and does face rejection, however, the goals we set for employees are not meant to pressure our employees, but are meant to encourage the employees to continue to strive for success.

"Unrealistic Expectations"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, business casual environment, great team building activities by office staff through out the year

Cons

Management has an unrealistic expectation about work flow. There is poor communication on all levels which leads to confusion on new procedures that affect your daily work load - company currently working on off shoring several departments which is causing poor customer service and internal support. Sales groups are also very "high school cliquish" and management will overlook certain reps who "steal" others sales

Advice to Management

Do not outsource your client facing departments (like accounting) - customers are getting aggravated and it reflects upon the other departments.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-01-21

March 10, 2016Development Manager

Thank you for voicing your concerns with Naylor. We're glad to hear you enjoy the work environment. We strive to create an environment that fosters success among our employees, while still maintaining a sense of a relaxed work environment. Our management at Naylor does not set work flow expectations to set-up employees for failure, but rather sets-up a work flow to drive our employees to succeed.

6. "Work hard, and the results will show"

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company with some of the best management I have ever encountered at any job. Genuinely good people who truly care about who you are, how you're doing, and want to help you succeed.

Cons

Advertising sales simply isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are doing great things, and the company is changing in many positive ways.

Naylor Association Solutions2015-03-09

February 2, 2016Manager

We greatly appreciate your input. Management cares greatly for employees and takes as many steps as necessary to help employees succeed. We are excited to see how Naylor continues to evolve.

7. "If you want to make money - it's there"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Naylor is like a family. Everyone is there to help (for the most part) and there is a lot of support from management and peers to succeed. There are a lot of company benefits and they are always doing something fun for the employees.

Cons

It is fast paced and you have to climb the social ladder to really excel.

Advice to Management

Allow equal opportunities for new reps.

Naylor Association Solutions2014-11-18

February 2, 2016Manager

We are glad to hear that Naylor created a positive work environment for you with a helpful attitude. Management cares deeply for employees and helps whenever necessary to achieve success. Sales is an extremely fast paced environment, but we strive to provide a workload that can be easily managed.

8. "Good job with opportunity"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great work life balance, a product you can believe in and a job you can be proud of. I am very happy with this company and there is tons of opportunity and room for advancement.

Cons

It's a very complicated job that can feel overwhelming at times, but management is very patient and helpful and genuinely invests themselves in your success.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, there is a reason this company has been around so long and is an industry leader

Naylor Association Solutions2014-07-27

February 2, 2016Manager

We appreciate your positive feedback! We want our employees to succeed and continually provide goals to help achieve success. Thank you!

9. "Great Expereice"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

Pros

The best things about working at Naylor are the income opportunities and the people.

Cons

Hard work and sometimes confusing to find out how to really be successful.

Advice to Management

Constantly try to make sure territory is distributed properly.

Naylor Association Solutions2014-07-01

February 2, 2016Manager

Thank you for your input! We are glad you enjoyed the work environment and your co-workers. We try to outline a path for success to our employees by creating daily goals.

"Limited Marketing Resources"

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are in control of some of your earning potential but you should expect to dedicate as much as 10 hours per week generating leads during your first year in the position.

Cons

As a new advertising sales executive, expect to spent a considerable amount of time researching many industries and generating your own leads.

Naylor Association Solutions2014-05-17

February 2, 2016Manager

We appreciate you for taking time to provide feedback!

Found 17 reviews