Naylor Association Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 134 reviews

3.6
Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr
Pros
  • "The company wants you to have a great work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "A fun and caring work environment within a company that is supportive of work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true(in 8 reviews)

• "Territory politics, emphasis on call volume, and favoritism(in 6 reviews)

"This job changed my life."

Current Employee - Advertising Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The coworkers, the coworkers, the coworkers. I absolutely love everyone I work with, Naylor doesn't hire lame people!

Cons

Territory politics, emphasis on call volume, and favoritism

Advice to Management

Make sure that 1 year+ employees are valued just as much as the newer reps. We need love too!

Naylor Association Solutions2019-03-29
  2. "Not a place to begin your career"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees here are really friendly. They have an 8:30a-5p workday with a 1 hr lunch.

Cons

The training will convince you that this place is Nirvana and the products sell themselves, but you will quickly learn this is untrue. Then when you attempt to seek coaching or assistance from management they will only tell you how great you're doing then, one day without notice, tell you that you're not doing "great" enough and give you the opportunity to quit vs. being fired.

Advice to Management

Work on your training, ramp-up practices - it's incredibly difficult to gain traction as a new hire. Yes, you can point to the people that have been here 300 years and say how great they're doing, but that's not practical or helpful for newbies. Also, your benefits are *insanely* expensive!!

Naylor Association Solutions2019-08-19

"Ugh."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you're entry level, work hard and you'll get a lot of opportunities. A lot of good coworkers and, if you're in a client-facing position, a lot of the clients are a joy to work with.

Cons

-Executives are pretty unprofessional. Questionable decision-making, borderline abusive in occassion (yelling in people's faces, trying to intimidate), and are generally just sort of unscrupulous. There used to be a lot of good leaders higher up, but many are gone now (and a lot of them left around the same time, so what does that tell you?) - Management seems to only look for ways to blame those below them... rather than working toward solutions to problems (for example- if print ad sales are down, so it must be because the salespeople aren't working hard enough and not the fact that print publications aren't used anymore; if job posting sales are down, it must be because the sales team is slacking off and not because the job board sites bring clients no value because they get no traffic) -Wrong people in middle management - people get promoted without having experience, and aren't trained on management skills or people skills. So you end up with a lot of immaturity, unprofessionalism, and pettiness. -Technical products are kind of a joke, built with outdated and failing tech. Beware of sales or customer service positions in the tech divisions, the products are not sustainable -On the lower end when it comes to pay and benefits. No 401k match, medical coverage isn't great. Don't expect annual reviews or pay increases. Low salaries are justified by bonus opportunities.

Advice to Management

Remember people's livelihoods depend on you and please act accordingly. Lose the snide attitudes. Invest in some company-wide management training (from a professional, not from in-house HR reps)

Naylor Association Solutions2019-06-13

"Best job ever!"

Current Employee - Senior Integrated Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Naylor is celebrating our 50th anniversary this year. We are a very established and well respected company in the association service world. Having worked here 22 years and counting, this is the best job I've ever had. Very family orientated company, strong work values and ethics, extremely lucrative salaries and very stable fun work environment. We have a great management team leading by example. The work... relationships you make with other employees bonds you for life. It's a hard job as sales always is, but very rewarding and those that work hard do very well. They are open to suggestions for improvement and are always looking for ways to make Naylor a better place to work. I'd highly recommend Naylor!

Cons

You get a lot of rejection from people not interested in purchasing advertising but this is my only con. You accept their "no" (if unable to overcome their objections) and move on to the next call. It comes with sales. Otherwise, I love everything about my job and enjoy coming to work each day.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you do best.

Naylor Association Solutions2019-03-26
  5. "Great company, people, and benefits"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So many great people here - with a great team and opportunities for continued growth, it makes coming to work so much easier!

Cons

Sometimes slow to move forward in projects and decisions

Naylor Association Solutions2019-03-25

"Decent Company that used to be really good"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Unlimited income potential once to get past the first year.

Cons

Metric focused more than people focused. Cut staff to improve bottom line.

Advice to Management

Involve your employees more when attempting to solve problems and when trying to improve results.

Naylor Association Solutions2018-12-03

"If you have more then $1500 a month in bills...don't take it"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice company but nice doesn't take the stress away from bills being paid.

Cons

You simply can't make ends meet with $1500 every 2 weeks. After insurance and taxes you will bring home an average of $1100 bi-weekly and that will be how much you'll make the first year. You may get a bonus here and there but not to much. It's stressful not being about to pay bills. 1/10 ppl actually stay. You will see ppl leave ALL THE TIME. If u can make it the first year then you could make a little more the... following year.

Advice to Management

Pay new employees better for the first year.

Naylor Association Solutions2018-10-17

"Wrong people in leadership roles. Good leaders left."

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was good back in the day.

Cons

All about profit, not about people.

Naylor Association Solutions2018-09-27

"The whole package, great place"

Current Employee - Sales in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Teamwork and opportunity are plentiful. The technology used is best of the best, from the CRM to the new software being implemented. Naylor stays on the front edge of new practices in order to stay ahead of the market. The helpful nature of colleagues extends through every level, from sales to support to senior management. The true indication of this ? I worked here for many years previous, went to another job... for a couple years and ultimately came back to Naylor.

Cons

Bring back the FISH :)

Naylor Association Solutions2018-06-01

"Sales Rep."

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Naylor has some pretty negative reviews but after I started working here I realized that they were all wrong! The people here are the nicest and most helpful people I have ever worked with (saying a lot for sales people). The management is very professional and friendly. They treat their employees very nicely with lunches, personalized emails, they get to know each employee and the tier leaders even bring their... employees out to fun events like the springs! There is no gossip or drama (besides your typical amount) and a lot of the employees hangout and do team sports or boozy dinners. The cubicles are also nice and very roomie (coming from someone who hates being indoors) and the building itself is gorgeous! I think a lot of the negative reviews came from people who were simply doing the bare minimum and got canned for it. And honestly, sales is just a hard area and a lot of people can't cut it, it doesn't mean that management is bad. Naylor gives you a base salary the first TWO years and gives you the opportunity to build renewals. If you can't hit the mark after 2 years then sales here just isn't for you. They also give you 90 days of probation if you don't hit the mark so its not like you get fired out of nowhere. The publications they produce are VERY aesthetically pleasing. I was actually surprised at first. The magazines are very professional and I read a few of them myself.

Cons

No gym on site.

Advice to Management

They need to add a gym on site. A lot of the employees would appreciate that.

Naylor Association Solutions2018-05-22