Naylor Association Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Naylor Association Solutions President & CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr

Pros
  • Positive atmosphere and so many people are willing to help you progress towards success (in 6 reviews)

• Genuinely good people who truly care about who you are, how you're doing, and want to help you succeed (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true (in 7 reviews)

• There is an extremely high turnover rate for a reason, classes of 3-10 come in and within 6 months out of a 10-person class 3 might still be there (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great mission, great people, great career opportunities."

Current Employee - Training and Coaching Manager in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Training and Coaching Manager in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best training you could ever ask for. There is healthy competition but everyone pulls together to help each other in the face of adversity. The mission is easy to believe in and is what drives me to work my hardest every day. We fight on behalf of trade and professional associations working to keep their industries healthy. The income potential is significant if you are a patient hard worker willing to build into a six figure income over a couple of years. Lots of growth happening right now so there is also a lot of potential for upward advancement if you demonstrate success in a starting position.

Cons

The company is rapidly expanding so there are a good amount of growing pains and sometimes improvements to our system take a back seat to setting up newly acquired or developed divisions of the company. The sales position is a little sink or swim but you have more support here than you will anywhere else. The only other negative is that the income potential starts off slow. The average rep makes 45-50k in their first year, which isn't much but you get to keep your renewals so over time your income builds. Most reps hit six figures by their third year. Reps who Excell however, can get there by the end of their second year. If you need more money up front, this may not be a good fit but if you are willing to invest a couple of years and you perform, your income will increase significantly.

Advice to Management

Middle management is a bit hamstrung, so either empower them to do more or start looking for feedback from the newer sales reps who are doing the work but suffering through unnecessarily difficult systems and territory.

2. "Sales Account Execuetive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very lax and fun work environment.

Cons

They have a high outbound call demand. 55 calls a day min average.

Most customers aren't satisfied with the product so it's hard to resell.

Nov 28, 2016 – Sales Representative Development Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Promoting a fun and caring work environment is something we are very proud of. Our culture, our people and our unique media products are huge parts of what makes our ... More

3. "Great Employees, Company Has Potential"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been employed for six years with Naylor. The benefits are really good and the associations we support are good clients to work with.

Cons

There is no "real" middle management in the 500 person company. All of the decisions are made by the CEO and COO and they are hands-on in all of the details. There was a hefty and out of the blue lay-off of 50-60 employees in late August 2016. It has shaken the culture and confidence in my co-workers.

"Account Executive/Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people! My co-workers were the best part of the job.

Cons

Management doesn't care to invest in employees. They don't listen when you voice your concern and try to blame you instead of their organizational structure. Also, there are no growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees more, and listen if they tell you your way of doing things isn't beneficial.

Nov 28, 2016 – Sales Representative Development Manager

We appreciate your comments. Yes, we love our people, and investing in them is a crucial part of our success! I am sorry you felt we do not. We offer sales reps a full month of training, followed ... More

"Inside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers to work beside. Some of the management is nice and you can tell they're just doing their job and what they have to do. You can tell the way they have to treat the sales people affects them.

Cons

Revolving door. Highest turnover I've ever experienced. Out of your entire class, maybe two if any will be there 3 to 4 months from your hire date. They hire talented people but don't invest the time in them that they claim they will. They will tell you it takes about a year to figure out the job but will only keep you a few months even if you show improvement and follow all their steps. They had an internal issue caused by executives that caused a lot of good people to lose their jobs.

Advice to Management

Stand up to executives in regards to developing your talent instead of hiring 20 new people every couple months. Stop giving people a countdown deadline to the day you all choose to "part ways". Nobody is going to dedicate their last couple of weeks to hitting their goal if they know they will be fired in the end. Instead they will be focused on finding new employment. I mean I know business is business but karma is karma as well. You can't mess with people's lives and expect nothing to come of it.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

Pros

There are a fair amount of good people working here, some are very genuine and nice while others I got the sales person vibe where they were putting up a facade. The outside aesthetics of the building was nice, but nothing breath taking or out of the ordinary.

Cons

So, this company hires fast, which should have in hindsight been red flag number one, within two weeks of applying I was hired and this unfortunate experience began. The first two weeks almost mirror the interview you will have. They break down the company what they stand for, how there is no micromanaging, work life balance, etc. You don’t really do too much during this time, it is a lot like high school you learn your script and recite it so you, “Don’t get reported to HR.” The real problems occur within the first 1.5 months of your employment here, I am going to break it down what I saw to be the major qualms that I had with this company that I didn’t notice any other reviewer go over.

1. The, “No micromanaging” they tell you’
    This is not true to put it blunt this is micromanaging heaven. You will be consistently hounded for either call volume or why aren’t you at quota. Even if you have quota but not volume, you will still be getting a talking to.

2. Work life balance
    You have a little more control over this but several times, I was asked to load leads on weekends or stay longer during the weekday. While the pay for what you get ($30,000 base) is decent, it does not merit in my opinion working at 45+ hour workweek. If you refuse to either load leads on the weekend or sometimes stay longer because of California being a later time zone, you will be once more on thin ice.

3. The work itself
    During my interview I was told this was business to business (B2B) and that we would have leads loaded for us and the vast majority of the companies knew who Naylor was. This is a half true, some of the companies knew who Naylor was (maybe 5 out of 500) but, the majority of them did not know and were not very happy to be bothered during their prime working hours, which during the latter portion of at my time at Naylor, I began to sympathize with the people who were not pleased with me calling.

This was a long, as I wanted to make this review before droning on too much, there is still so much more that I was not happy with. There is an extremely high turnover rate for a reason, classes of 3-10 come in and within 6 months out of a 10-person class 3 might still be there. Heavily consider your options before signing with this company, the people are nice but the work is anything but nice. If you have anything irking you about the job itself if you start working here, do your research once you’re in and formulate your own opinion.

Advice to Management

I would think about it if I were management with a turnover rate so high and when the claim is having a surplus of, “qualified applicants” then I would ask why do so many people leave? There is something on the parting employees side due to leaving but thinking that they are 100% in the wrong is not leaving the door open for company improvement.

Oct 26, 2016 – Development Manager

Thank you for your input as it does help us grow as a company. I am sorry you felt as if you were in high school during our training. We work very hard at executing the best training possible ... More

8. "Good company"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Overall positive place to work. Good earning potential for sales people

Cons

Current events have made it more of a challenge, but hopefully they'll overcome it. They have great staff.

9. "Enjoyed working at Naylor"

Pros

Major focus on improving people development through training and coaching. Positive environment that cared for it people.

Cons

Recent turn of events has caused a reduction in staff and hopefully this will turn around soon because this is a good company that provides a great service to associations, and it is always sad to see the lives impacted by this reduction.

10. "Account Exec"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Payouts good if you hit goal

Cons

Too much emphasis on call volume

Oct 5, 2016 – Sales Representative Development Manager

Thank you for your comments. We do have a lucrative bonus structure that rewards reps for strong sales performance. Being an inside sales position which drives revenue primarily through effective ... More

"Advertising Sales Consultant"

Pros

The fact they gave me the chance to work with the team, would have stayed but after a year they decided within six months they would take away $2000 per month from the draw I was given. No way would it be worth working this hard for less, I came to make more not less.

Cons

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (for close to a year and a half), I brought with me 25 years of successful media sales. In the beginning they give you projects that are strong so you close and reach your goals but then it becomes a pretty negative situation. Almost impossible to reach your goals with the projects and some projects are like finding a needle in a haystack just to sale one ad. I hit target on most every project and some cases went way over target. The last three months did not reach my goal so received their famous email stating they need me to reach my goal this month. This email was the same as a 30 day notice from what a senior rep explained. So mid month gave my two week notice, they do not care you have experience they only care about numbers. It is sad they do not compare projects and territory to see why you truly are not reaching goals. They always take the easy way out and blame the rep. Could be a great company again if they would pay salary and then bonuses, it is really not easy to make six figures with the projects they give you.

Advice to Management

They need to take management courses because they were anything but managerial material, plus show tons of favoritism with family and/or friends when it came to projects and territories.

Oct 24, 2016 – Sales Representative Development Manager

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. The points you mention are important, and we'd like to provide further insight on how Naylor develops its sales force. Naylor offers a ... More