Naylor Association Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Naylor Association Solutions President & CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company wants you to have a great work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Positive attitude, everyone is very willing to help, and management knows if employees succeed, management succeeds (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true (in 8 reviews)

• Too much emphasis on call volume (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Wonderful place to work with friendly employees, helpful management and weekly food trucks! Naylor shows sincere interest in its employees and 2018 is bringing a lot of awesome initiatives in many departments.

Cons

I have not seen any yet

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Sales Rep."

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Naylor has some pretty negative reviews but after I started working here I realized that they were all wrong! The people here are the nicest and most helpful people I have ever worked with (saying a lot for sales people). The management is very professional and friendly. They treat their employees very nicely with lunches, personalized emails, they get to know each employee and the tier leaders even bring their employees out to fun events like the springs! There is no gossip or drama (besides your typical amount) and a lot of the employees hangout and do team sports or boozy dinners.
    The cubicles are also nice and very roomie (coming from someone who hates being indoors) and the building itself is gorgeous!
    I think a lot of the negative reviews came from people who were simply doing the bare minimum and got canned for it. And honestly, sales is just a hard area and a lot of people can't cut it, it doesn't mean that management is bad. Naylor gives you a base salary the first TWO years and gives you the opportunity to build renewals. If you can't hit the mark after 2 years then sales here just isn't for you. They also give you 90 days of probation if you don't hit the mark so its not like you get fired out of nowhere.
    The publications they produce are VERY aesthetically pleasing. I was actually surprised at first. The magazines are very professional and I read a few of them myself.

Cons

No gym on site.

Advice to Management

They need to add a gym on site. A lot of the employees would appreciate that.

3. "Inside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking to start your professional career, Naylor is a great place. Hands downs, you will learn how to sell. And just in a few years, I learned that it is one of the most important skills there is in the business world.

If you make the calls, you will succeed, 100%

Cons

Unfortunately it feels like some/most managers think they are better than you.

They don't return your calls or communicate with you. Doesn't make sense when your other managers get back to you right away and they have the same jobs.

Advice to Management

Half of managing is communicating with your team and being a positive influencer. You want your team to be inspired by you and word alongside you, not in spite of you.

4. "Great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really sincere and helpful management, work life balance, food trucks and in house yoga.

Cons

None that I have seen yet

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Great first professional job"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Great environment
    Helpful management
    Full training period
    Guaranteed commissions
    Flexible hours
    Full benefits/PTO

Cons

Commissions could be set up better
    Hard to make over your guaranteed

6. "Good place to work. Good team environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

I work in the Events division. Morale is good and the team seems to genuinely like each other. Successes are shared and from the show managers to client services to sales, everyone pulls in the same direction.

Cons

Tyson's traffic is always jammed.

"Advertising Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

Pros

This company cares about their employees, wants them to succeed. This is a sales environment, if you want to make money, you have to make calls, however, as long as you are doing your job, working hard, and being a team player, you will find success here. Phone sales, even B2B is not for everyone, however, for a motivated sales professional this is a great place to work. Positive attitude, everyone is very willing to help, and management knows if employees succeed, management succeeds.

Cons

I have yet to find any

8. "Has Potential"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

No micro managing, umm, I'm sure there are others.

Cons

Changes, changes everywhere all the time

Advice to Management

Don't suck folks in with a somewhat generous bonus plan, they take it away. You kill the motivation.

9. "Inside Sales account"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First month is OK otherwise really isn't anything good to say

Cons

Managers are so young not a good place to work

Advice to Management

Get your act together

"Advertising Sales"

Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

I've been working with Naylor for 4 years now, my first corporate gig since graduating college in 2013. Like many young men with not a clue what to do after business school, I began applying to all sorts of jobs. I soon learned of so many scam career opportunities like "Go door-to-door for us telling people they need new roofs", "Stand in a retail store and push our tv subscriptions", or how about all those pyramid schemes. However, when I got my call to interview with Naylor, I realized that I had finally come across a true sales opportunity - to build and grow a book of advertising business with all sorts of associations, well recognized in their respective industries.

The concept is simple: We partner with an association to help fill ad space in their member communications program(s). The prospects that you would make outreach to can include members of that association who already have a vested interest in supporting the group, or suppliers of categorical products & services that are highly relevant to the industry that the association represents.

Naylor has ended up being a fantastic career opportunity for me in advertising sales, and I monetized my stay fairly quickly. We recently re-organized the company by industry verticals so that the projects you spend your time on are similar allowing you to deepen your knowledge for that industry. You eventually become a steward of information for that industry, and your confidence in talking with prospects will begin to multiply your book-of-business even faster. Usually with tenure you can acquire company accounts, but as of recent, the management team has been giving more and more company renewal opportunities to new hires to attract & recruit more reps.

If you are looking for a place to quickly advance from sales to a management position, this is also the place for you. While I'd rather enjoy talking to my clients on the phone all day, some of you would rather help orchestrate everything that goes on in the background. We have a business development team that is constantly signing new association contracts which grows the available projects we have to sell on, and for that reason there is added need for project managers. If you show leadership and accomplishment on the sales floor, I've seen reps as early as 6 months with the company win such promotions. I've also seen some reviews that complain some of our managers are too young, which is not only "ageism", but also the reluctance to see that a skilled young worker can be successful and grow to lead (they should at least be given the opportunity to).

If you want to work smart (and a little hard at times), you can be whomever you want to be here. The company's top reps make healthy incomes, and based on your productivity level you can see your work start to really pay off anywhere between years 1-3. Territory on our projects is plentiful right now, so we can definitely take on more help.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Cons

Read my "Advice to Management" section

Advice to Management

I understand management are deploying incentives to increase new hire recruitment, at times taking opportunities away from the more tenured reps.
    But if these incentives were simply seen as "Resources/Currency", I think those resources/currency would be better invested in training & development of the new reps. I just think it might be a little short-sighted, because putting more effort towards developing someone into a strong performer will pay out much more in the long-run for the employee & the company. We are currently understaffed on the sales floor, so I've even seen some of our projects get outsourced - I think this is a short-sighted solution as well.