Naylor Association Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Naylor Association Solutions President & CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company wants you to have a great work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Positive attitude, everyone is very willing to help, and management knows if employees succeed, management succeeds (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true (in 8 reviews)

• Too much emphasis on call volume (in 5 reviews)

"Advertising Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company cares about their employees, wants them to succeed. This is a sales environment, if you want to make money, you have to make calls, however, as long as you are doing your job, working hard, and being a team player, you will find success here. Phone sales, even B2B is not for everyone, however, for a motivated sales professional this is a great place to work. Positive attitude, everyone is very willing to help, and management knows if employees succeed, management succeeds.

Cons

I have yet to find any

2. "Good place to work. Good team environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work in the Events division. Morale is good and the team seems to genuinely like each other. Successes are shared and from the show managers to client services to sales, everyone pulls in the same direction.

Cons

Tyson's traffic is always jammed.

3. "Has Potential"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

No micro managing, umm, I'm sure there are others.

Cons

Changes, changes everywhere all the time

Advice to Management

Don't suck folks in with a somewhat generous bonus plan, they take it away. You kill the motivation.

4. "Inside Sales account"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First month is OK otherwise really isn't anything good to say

Cons

Managers are so young not a good place to work

Advice to Management

Get your act together

"Advertising Sales"

Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

I've been working with Naylor for 4 years now, my first corporate gig since graduating college in 2013. Like many young men with not a clue what to do after business school, I began applying to all sorts of jobs. I soon learned of so many scam career opportunities like "Go door-to-door for us telling people they need new roofs", "Stand in a retail store and push our tv subscriptions", or how about all those pyramid schemes. However, when I got my call to interview with Naylor, I realized that I had finally come across a true sales opportunity - to build and grow a book of advertising business with all sorts of associations, well recognized in their respective industries.

The concept is simple: We partner with an association to help fill ad space in their member communications program(s). The prospects that you would make outreach to can include members of that association who already have a vested interest in supporting the group, or suppliers of categorical products & services that are highly relevant to the industry that the association represents.

Naylor has ended up being a fantastic career opportunity for me in advertising sales, and I monetized my stay fairly quickly. We recently re-organized the company by industry verticals so that the projects you spend your time on are similar allowing you to deepen your knowledge for that industry. You eventually become a steward of information for that industry, and your confidence in talking with prospects will begin to multiply your book-of-business even faster. Usually with tenure you can acquire company accounts, but as of recent, the management team has been giving more and more company renewal opportunities to new hires to attract & recruit more reps.

If you are looking for a place to quickly advance from sales to a management position, this is also the place for you. While I'd rather enjoy talking to my clients on the phone all day, some of you would rather help orchestrate everything that goes on in the background. We have a business development team that is constantly signing new association contracts which grows the available projects we have to sell on, and for that reason there is added need for project managers. If you show leadership and accomplishment on the sales floor, I've seen reps as early as 6 months with the company win such promotions. I've also seen some reviews that complain some of our managers are too young, which is not only "ageism", but also the reluctance to see that a skilled young worker can be successful and grow to lead (they should at least be given the opportunity to).

If you want to work smart (and a little hard at times), you can be whomever you want to be here. The company's top reps make healthy incomes, and based on your productivity level you can see your work start to really pay off anywhere between years 1-3. Territory on our projects is plentiful right now, so we can definitely take on more help.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Cons

Read my "Advice to Management" section

Advice to Management

I understand management are deploying incentives to increase new hire recruitment, at times taking opportunities away from the more tenured reps.
    But if these incentives were simply seen as "Resources/Currency", I think those resources/currency would be better invested in training & development of the new reps. I just think it might be a little short-sighted, because putting more effort towards developing someone into a strong performer will pay out much more in the long-run for the employee & the company. We are currently understaffed on the sales floor, so I've even seen some of our projects get outsourced - I think this is a short-sighted solution as well.

"Decent company. I like it there."

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Good company. Management can be really good. Great work-life balance. Fun place. Good people. Okay benefits.

Cons

Low pay, very low. Some people can be very hard to work with. Typical corporate office. Some people will walk all over you unless you stick up for yourself. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people that don't do their jobs well. Pay the good employees more.

"Just celebrated 7 years with Naylor Association Solutions"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Naylor is an equal opportunity provider. Do the work, work smart and get paid. For seven years, that is what I have done. I'm provided territory, I do research into those industries and provide companies with a solution.

Cons

When I first started here, the way we were paid was much better set up for the account executives. Now, the set up benefits the company more versus the account executives. With all that said, if I had to chose Naylor over another opportunity - I would still choose Naylor.

8. "Review"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers, strong work/life balance, nice office space

Cons

no matching 401k, overworked, lower end of industry pay scale

9. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Association based sales, B2B, promotes from within, ice cream socials, and fun work space.

Cons

Used to be more flexible about working from home, we are commission only reps, this should be allowed. Hires young managers from within that have no business being in management, and then do not train them well, and then they get power hungry. the sales team have more knowledge on how to run this place than our young managers.

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced, older managers. Allow more work from home opportunities. Telework is the way to go!!! Go back to the Commission as soon as it turns blue, instead of when it ships, this gives some of us month with out commission, relying on our draw and puts us in a whole. We can stay on top of our commissions better the old way. Also more motivating to see I sel this now I see it in the next pay period!!!

10. "System Administrator"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun enviorment, full of young people.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations month after month.