Naylor Association Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Naylor Association Solutions President & CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company wants you to have a great work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• People are truly willing to help, and the resources are there for any employee to grow professionally (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true (in 8 reviews)

• Too much emphasis on call volume (in 5 reviews)

1. "Advertising Sales"

Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working with Naylor for 4 years now, my first corporate gig since graduating college in 2013. Like many young men with not a clue what to do after business school, I began applying to all sorts of jobs. I soon learned of so many scam career opportunities like "Go door-to-door for us telling people they need new roofs", "Stand in a retail store and push our tv subscriptions", or how about all those pyramid schemes. However, when I got my call to interview with Naylor, I realized that I had finally come across a true sales opportunity - to build and grow a book of advertising business with all sorts of associations, well recognized in their respective industries.

The concept is simple: We partner with an association to help fill ad space in their member communications program(s). The prospects that you would make outreach to can include members of that association who already have a vested interest in supporting the group, or suppliers of categorical products & services that are highly relevant to the industry that the association represents.

Naylor has ended up being a fantastic career opportunity for me in advertising sales, and I monetized my stay fairly quickly. We recently re-organized the company by industry verticals so that the projects you spend your time on are similar allowing you to deepen your knowledge for that industry. You eventually become a steward of information for that industry, and your confidence in talking with prospects will begin to multiply your book-of-business even faster. Usually with tenure you can acquire company accounts, but as of recent, the management team has been giving more and more company renewal opportunities to new hires to attract & recruit more reps.

If you are looking for a place to quickly advance from sales to a management position, this is also the place for you. While I'd rather enjoy talking to my clients on the phone all day, some of you would rather help orchestrate everything that goes on in the background. We have a business development team that is constantly signing new association contracts which grows the available projects we have to sell on, and for that reason there is added need for project managers. If you show leadership and accomplishment on the sales floor, I've seen reps as early as 6 months with the company win such promotions. I've also seen some reviews that complain some of our managers are too young, which is not only "ageism", but also the reluctance to see that a skilled young worker can be successful and grow to lead (they should at least be given the opportunity to).

If you want to work smart (and a little hard at times), you can be whomever you want to be here. The company's top reps make healthy incomes, and based on your productivity level you can see your work start to really pay off anywhere between years 1-3. Territory on our projects is plentiful right now, so we can definitely take on more help.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Cons

Read my "Advice to Management" section

Advice to Management

I understand management are deploying incentives to increase new hire recruitment, at times taking opportunities away from the more tenured reps.
    But if these incentives were simply seen as "Resources/Currency", I think those resources/currency would be better invested in training & development of the new reps. I just think it might be a little short-sighted, because putting more effort towards developing someone into a strong performer will pay out much more in the long-run for the employee & the company. We are currently understaffed on the sales floor, so I've even seen some of our projects get outsourced - I think this is a short-sighted solution as well.

"Just celebrated 7 years with Naylor Association Solutions"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Naylor is an equal opportunity provider. Do the work, work smart and get paid. For seven years, that is what I have done. I'm provided territory, I do research into those industries and provide companies with a solution.

Cons

When I first started here, the way we were paid was much better set up for the account executives. Now, the set up benefits the company more versus the account executives. With all that said, if I had to chose Naylor over another opportunity - I would still choose Naylor.

3. "Decent company. I like it there."

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Good company. Management can be really good. Great work-life balance. Fun place. Good people. Okay benefits.

Cons

Low pay, very low. Some people can be very hard to work with. Typical corporate office. Some people will walk all over you unless you stick up for yourself. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people that don't do their jobs well. Pay the good employees more.

4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Association based sales, B2B, promotes from within, ice cream socials, and fun work space.

Cons

Used to be more flexible about working from home, we are commission only reps, this should be allowed. Hires young managers from within that have no business being in management, and then do not train them well, and then they get power hungry. the sales team have more knowledge on how to run this place than our young managers.

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced, older managers. Allow more work from home opportunities. Telework is the way to go!!! Go back to the Commission as soon as it turns blue, instead of when it ships, this gives some of us month with out commission, relying on our draw and puts us in a whole. We can stay on top of our commissions better the old way. Also more motivating to see I sel this now I see it in the next pay period!!!

5. "System Administrator"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun enviorment, full of young people.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations month after month.

6. "Work Life Balance a Plus"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Very good work life balance. Not expected to do work outside of the office and you are encouraged to leave at the end of the work day.

Cons

No 401k matching program. Would be nice to have.

7. "A great place to make a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Naylor has delivered everything promised and more! I've worked here a number of years and everything promised in my interview has come true and I've created a nice livelihood for my family. God willing I'll be here for years to come.

Cons

You have to believe in the products you're selling, be on time, work hard, adhere to the companies core values, and be flexible of change. You know, normal expectations of a sales job!

Advice to Management

Continue having skip level meetings to allow the reps on the floor to speak their concerns and opinions. It's a great feeling knowing you've been heard!

8. "The Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been at Naylor pretty much my whole career. What we do here is pretty special. We sell advertising-Print, Online for Trade Associations all over. This place has always been a special place. The people here are truly amazing and some of my life BFF's. The job is sales. It's a hard job. It's a hard job anywhere you have to sell for a living but this place gives you the best opportunity to sell. We work for the best Trade Associations everywhere. We truly care about our associations and everyone here really wants to make a difference. I've never seen this many individuals working towards the same goal. It's a fun, caring work environment. I'm always shocked to read such reviews below about how we don't care and how people have nightmares. Don't let that make your decision for you. There are some great people here and we have a great opportunity for you to gain knowledge and expertise in the association world and we need more great individuals to add to our existent Naylor family. If it were easy everyone would do it....Most that leave don't try and then leave negative reviews but the ones that stay and work hard really do make a difference in their lives with this career.

Cons

The biggest room for improvement we have is to continue to make our employees feel special. As we continue to grow we have to remember how our walls were built and remember the employees and individuals and associations that have got us here. This is a hard job so incentives are a must. We can do better in this category.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to push our employees to be the best. Someone come up with some good sales incentives and contests and fun and games. That is what we are missing. Team Bonding! It's why I initially loved this place and how we can get more new people to feel part of something bigger. Some teams have great team bonding but not all teams are the same so many feel left out.

"Please ask tons of questions because this company will completely add stress to your life"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

If you are looking to date or receive experience from very young mangers to learn to sale advertising space on the phone.

Cons

The company is truly like a call center, you must meet goals set each month and every months starts over. You must lead search and make 60 calls a day. Very micro managed and they listen to your calls. Tons of family and friends working together does not always make the best working environment. I'm not young and came with tons of experience and so many good reps leave because you cannot make the money they discuss upfront with you!!

Advice to Management

They need older and more experienced managers, too many young folks with power and barely any sales experience. Some only on the phones six months or less right out of college and then they become managers. Out of all the managers one was really good and took the time to work with you.

10. "The Best Career Position I Have Ever Had"

Former Employee - Sales in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hard work is rewarded; but you have to treat this as a 3 year investment in a permanent career thereafter. You must build your book of new and repeat business. At 3 years, you've either reached critical mass or left the company.

Cons

Compared to other organizations, absolutely none

Advice to Management

The definition of Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over and expect the outcome to be different. Organic sales stagnant = need for changes in the business model, not a rearrangement of the deck chairs.