Naylor Association Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr
  1. "Review"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers, strong work/life balance, nice office space

Cons

no matching 401k, overworked, lower end of industry pay scale

Naylor Association Solutions2017-09-27
  2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Association based sales, B2B, promotes from within, ice cream socials, and fun work space.

Cons

Used to be more flexible about working from home, we are commission only reps, this should be allowed. Hires young managers from within that have no business being in management, and then do not train them well, and then they get power hungry. the sales team have more knowledge on how to run this place than our young managers.

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced, older managers. Allow more work from home opportunities. Telework is the way to go!!! Go back to the Commission as soon as it turns blue, instead of when it ships, this gives some of us month with out commission, relying on our draw and puts us in a whole. We can stay on top of our commissions better the old way. Also more motivating to see I sel this now I see it in the next pay period!!!

Naylor Association Solutions2017-08-01
  3. "System Administrator"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun enviorment, full of young people.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations month after month.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-07-13
  4. "A great place to make a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Naylor has delivered everything promised and more! I've worked here a number of years and everything promised in my interview has come true and I've created a nice livelihood for my family. God willing I'll be here for years to come.

Cons

You have to believe in the products you're selling, be on time, work hard, adhere to the companies core values, and be flexible of change. You know, normal expectations of a sales job!

Advice to Management

Continue having skip level meetings to allow the reps on the floor to speak their concerns and opinions. It's a great feeling knowing you've been heard!

Naylor Association Solutions2017-06-02
  5. "The Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been at Naylor pretty much my whole career. What we do here is pretty special. We sell advertising-Print, Online for Trade Associations all over. This place has always been a special place. The people here are truly amazing and some of my life BFF's. The job is sales. It's a hard job. It's a hard job anywhere you have to sell for a living but this place gives you the best opportunity to sell. We work for... the best Trade Associations everywhere. We truly care about our associations and everyone here really wants to make a difference. I've never seen this many individuals working towards the same goal. It's a fun, caring work environment. I'm always shocked to read such reviews below about how we don't care and how people have nightmares. Don't let that make your decision for you. There are some great people here and we have a great opportunity for you to gain knowledge and expertise in the association world and we need more great individuals to add to our existent Naylor family. If it were easy everyone would do it....Most that leave don't try and then leave negative reviews but the ones that stay and work hard really do make a difference in their lives with this career.

Cons

The biggest room for improvement we have is to continue to make our employees feel special. As we continue to grow we have to remember how our walls were built and remember the employees and individuals and associations that have got us here. This is a hard job so incentives are a must. We can do better in this category.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to push our employees to be the best. Someone come up with some good sales incentives and contests and fun and games. That is what we are missing. Team Bonding! It's why I initially loved this place and how we can get more new people to feel part of something bigger. Some teams have great team bonding but not all teams are the same so many feel left out.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-31

"Please ask tons of questions because this company will completely add stress to your life"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

If you are looking to date or receive experience from very young mangers to learn to sale advertising space on the phone.

Cons

The company is truly like a call center, you must meet goals set each month and every months starts over. You must lead search and make 60 calls a day. Very micro managed and they listen to your calls. Tons of family and friends working together does not always make the best working environment. I'm not young and came with tons of experience and so many good reps leave because you cannot make the money they... discuss upfront with you!!

Advice to Management

They need older and more experienced managers, too many young folks with power and barely any sales experience. Some only on the phones six months or less right out of college and then they become managers. Out of all the managers one was really good and took the time to work with you.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-06-28
  7. "The Best Career Position I Have Ever Had"

Former Employee - Sales in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hard work is rewarded; but you have to treat this as a 3 year investment in a permanent career thereafter. You must build your book of new and repeat business. At 3 years, you've either reached critical mass or left the company.

Cons

Compared to other organizations, absolutely none

Advice to Management

The definition of Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over and expect the outcome to be different. Organic sales stagnant = need for changes in the business model, not a rearrangement of the deck chairs.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-25

"Never Worked Anywhere That Did More To Get In My Way Of Closing Deals AND Keeping The Client From Renewal Business!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of nice people to work with daily and the office was in a very nice area with lots of restaurants nearby for lunch.

Cons

This company has way to many young and inexperienced people in management. They don't understand how to balance managment expectations with the real life daily concerns of the client. We literally would have meetings to plan a meeting for purpose of a future planning meeting to start a new publication!! I don't know how many times I was told last minute "we're having a meeting and must attend. I would reply I have... an appointment call set to close a deal. These very young managers would say you will have to reschedule. My reply became Oh so now Naylor is paying my commission check not the client who is Always Right???" You would have ladies in accounting in Winepeg CA putting companies into collection after 30 days of non-payment. Try getting a customer to renew on advertising after your accounting department does that to the client.

Advice to Management

It's great to promote from within as it fosters loyalty and incentive to stick with the company and work hard. But you need to rain in these young managers and teach them how to really manage people in the real world.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-06-26
  9. "Recovering from rough waters"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fish wall, Motivated colleagues, Cooperative environment, running into the sales guys in the bathroom.

Cons

Old systems, long hours. sometimes you have to park in the back

Advice to Management

Buy an espresso machine for the GNV office.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-16
  10. "Lots of good change happening"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has finally gotten over some acquisition hurdles and now has great projects in the works. For those who are ambitious, there is lots of opportunity to make your mark. For office locations where traffic is bad, many positions offer a day of work from home. The company understands its employees have family to take care of and is conducive to flexible schedules and not expecting staff to always work late.... Good work life balance.

Cons

Change is prevalent, but can take a while to happen. Management doesn't like to move a quickly as you would hope sometimes so be patient.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-12