Naylor Association Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr
  1. "Review"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers, strong work/life balance, nice office space

Cons

no matching 401k, overworked, lower end of industry pay scale

Naylor Association Solutions2017-09-27

"Advertising Sales"

Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working with Naylor for 4 years now, my first corporate gig since graduating college in 2013. Like many young men with not a clue what to do after business school, I began applying to all sorts of jobs. I soon learned of so many scam career opportunities like "Go door-to-door for us telling people they need new roofs", "Stand in a retail store and push our tv subscriptions", or how about all those pyramid... schemes. However, when I got my call to interview with Naylor, I realized that I had finally come across a true sales opportunity - to build and grow a book of advertising business with all sorts of associations, well recognized in their respective industries. The concept is simple: We partner with an association to help fill ad space in their member communications program(s). The prospects that you would make outreach to can include members of that association who already have a vested interest in supporting the group, or suppliers of categorical products & services that are highly relevant to the industry that the association represents. Naylor has ended up being a fantastic career opportunity for me in advertising sales, and I monetized my stay fairly quickly. We recently re-organized the company by industry verticals so that the projects you spend your time on are similar allowing you to deepen your knowledge for that industry. You eventually become a steward of information for that industry, and your confidence in talking with prospects will begin to multiply your book-of-business even faster. Usually with tenure you can acquire company accounts, but as of recent, the management team has been giving more and more company renewal opportunities to new hires to attract & recruit more reps. If you are looking for a place to quickly advance from sales to a management position, this is also the place for you. While I'd rather enjoy talking to my clients on the phone all day, some of you would rather help orchestrate everything that goes on in the background. We have a business development team that is constantly signing new association contracts which grows the available projects we have to sell on, and for that reason there is added need for project managers. If you show leadership and accomplishment on the sales floor, I've seen reps as early as 6 months with the company win such promotions. I've also seen some reviews that complain some of our managers are too young, which is not only "ageism", but also the reluctance to see that a skilled young worker can be successful and grow to lead (they should at least be given the opportunity to). If you want to work smart (and a little hard at times), you can be whomever you want to be here. The company's top reps make healthy incomes, and based on your productivity level you can see your work start to really pay off anywhere between years 1-3. Territory on our projects is plentiful right now, so we can definitely take on more help. I hope this information has been helpful.

Cons

Read my "Advice to Management" section

Advice to Management

I understand management are deploying incentives to increase new hire recruitment, at times taking opportunities away from the more tenured reps. But if these incentives were simply seen as "Resources/Currency", I think those resources/currency would be better invested in training & development of the new reps. I just think it might be a little short-sighted, because putting more effort towards developing someone... into a strong performer will pay out much more in the long-run for the employee & the company. We are currently understaffed on the sales floor, so I've even seen some of our projects get outsourced - I think this is a short-sighted solution as well.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-09-24
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Decent company. I like it there."

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Good company. Management can be really good. Great work-life balance. Fun place. Good people. Okay benefits.

Cons

Low pay, very low. Some people can be very hard to work with. Typical corporate office. Some people will walk all over you unless you stick up for yourself. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people that don't do their jobs well. Pay the good employees more.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-09-12

"Just celebrated 7 years with Naylor Association Solutions"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Naylor is an equal opportunity provider. Do the work, work smart and get paid. For seven years, that is what I have done. I'm provided territory, I do research into those industries and provide companies with a solution.

Cons

When I first started here, the way we were paid was much better set up for the account executives. Now, the set up benefits the company more versus the account executives. With all that said, if I had to chose Naylor over another opportunity - I would still choose Naylor.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-09-12
  6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Association based sales, B2B, promotes from within, ice cream socials, and fun work space.

Cons

Used to be more flexible about working from home, we are commission only reps, this should be allowed. Hires young managers from within that have no business being in management, and then do not train them well, and then they get power hungry. the sales team have more knowledge on how to run this place than our young managers.

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced, older managers. Allow more work from home opportunities. Telework is the way to go!!! Go back to the Commission as soon as it turns blue, instead of when it ships, this gives some of us month with out commission, relying on our draw and puts us in a whole. We can stay on top of our commissions better the old way. Also more motivating to see I sel this now I see it in the next pay period!!!

Naylor Association Solutions2017-08-01
  7. "carpenter"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions part-time

Pros

well paid on time and good bunch of people most of the time.great saftey aspect at work.

Cons

no organisation onsite every day

Naylor Association Solutions2017-07-30
  8. "System Administrator"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun enviorment, full of young people.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations month after month.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-07-13

"Please ask tons of questions because this company will completely add stress to your life"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

If you are looking to date or receive experience from very young mangers to learn to sale advertising space on the phone.

Cons

The company is truly like a call center, you must meet goals set each month and every months starts over. You must lead search and make 60 calls a day. Very micro managed and they listen to your calls. Tons of family and friends working together does not always make the best working environment. I'm not young and came with tons of experience and so many good reps leave because you cannot make the money they... discuss upfront with you!!

Advice to Management

They need older and more experienced managers, too many young folks with power and barely any sales experience. Some only on the phones six months or less right out of college and then they become managers. Out of all the managers one was really good and took the time to work with you.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-06-28

"Never Worked Anywhere That Did More To Get In My Way Of Closing Deals AND Keeping The Client From Renewal Business!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of nice people to work with daily and the office was in a very nice area with lots of restaurants nearby for lunch.

Cons

This company has way to many young and inexperienced people in management. They don't understand how to balance managment expectations with the real life daily concerns of the client. We literally would have meetings to plan a meeting for purpose of a future planning meeting to start a new publication!! I don't know how many times I was told last minute "we're having a meeting and must attend. I would reply I have... an appointment call set to close a deal. These very young managers would say you will have to reschedule. My reply became Oh so now Naylor is paying my commission check not the client who is Always Right???" You would have ladies in accounting in Winepeg CA putting companies into collection after 30 days of non-payment. Try getting a customer to renew on advertising after your accounting department does that to the client.

Advice to Management

It's great to promote from within as it fosters loyalty and incentive to stick with the company and work hard. But you need to rain in these young managers and teach them how to really manage people in the real world.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-06-26
  11. "A great place to make a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Naylor has delivered everything promised and more! I've worked here a number of years and everything promised in my interview has come true and I've created a nice livelihood for my family. God willing I'll be here for years to come.

Cons

You have to believe in the products you're selling, be on time, work hard, adhere to the companies core values, and be flexible of change. You know, normal expectations of a sales job!

Advice to Management

Continue having skip level meetings to allow the reps on the floor to speak their concerns and opinions. It's a great feeling knowing you've been heard!

Naylor Association Solutions2017-06-02