Naylor Association Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Naylor Association Solutions Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2019

3.6
Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr

"Great environment, but stifled creativity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun work environment, passionate employees, excellent team-oriented atmosphere and flexible work/life balance.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity to progress in certain areas and creativity and innovation though welcomed, is often stifled as opposed to embraced. Bonus structure is greatly impacted by team effort as opposed to individual results in some departments.

Advice to Management

Be more receptive to change, innovation, creativity, and new ideas.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-04-07

"Grate People, Bad Business"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people and the culture really are great. Compensation was good, maybe one day it will be again. Working with association clients can be very rewarding.

Cons

There have been a series of business decisions over the past few years that put the company on a VERY bad footing. This has led to layoffs and cuts across the company that didn't just hurt morale, but really make it hard to see the company returning to where it was any time soon. I'd love to rate it higher as the people, even upper management really are great to work with.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what can be done at this point. The mistakes made were severe and it will be hard for them to pay what is needed to attract and retain talent.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-04-14

"Scam Alert"

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere, friendly co-workers, engaging activities (Company Bingo), endless coffee, casual atmosphere very laid back management who engage frequently in conversation with little to no direction or feedback to you.

Cons

Their system is designed to hire new people to work books senior reps do not want to work. The first two years they have a new publication they keep rates the same, however increase them sometimes 300% in the third year, they will stick new associates on them at this time because the senior reps won't touch them. You will work very hard to deliver unrealistic goals given your territory and projects. Please ask for... turnover rates, they have no benefit in keeping you because every sale you make they must pay out commission, so they payout commissions when the book ships (which can take months) only to let you go before the book ships so they no longer have that obligation. Your sales become company renewals for the book leader next year. You have just helped rebuild clients for this project, and will see no job security for it. Please do not let them fool you with glamorous promises, and kindness, ask questions! Naylor has had massive lay-offs, and regularly let people go to avoid commission payouts. They have also lost almost 1/2 the associations they represented and are unable to pay bills. They will say anything to continue with this scam, hire in new people have you work sales and let you go before pay-out commission.

Advice to Management

I do not recommend anyone working for a company with such a reputation. Please do your research before signing on with this company.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-04-07

April 26, 2017Group Vice President

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome feedback from our employees and former employees and review this feedback regularly. That said, it is equally important for us to respond when out of context or factually inaccurate information is posted online about our company and how it works, as there are in your post. Naylor typically employs approximately 120 advertising sales reps at any given time in our Member Communication division. It is our largest single group of employees and they generate the largest portion of our revenue. Therefore, they play a critical role for Naylor and our association clients. Our expertise in this area is why associations partner with us and our consistent delivery of results is why they stay with us (we retained 90+% of our customers in 2016, consistent with our historical retention rates). The only way to be a market leader, as Naylor is, in an industry where advertising sales is critical, is to treat your sales team fairly. We are happy when we get to pay out commissions because that means our sales team has been successful, our company is achieving success and most importantly our clients are going to be happy. You simply can’t run a business with 500 customers for nearly 50 years without fulfilling your obligations to your employees and your customers in this honest and truthful manner. Moreover, we have 35 reps and sales managers that have been with Naylor for over 5 years, 20 over 10 years, and 22 over 15 years, which means there are a growing number of reps who find Naylor a great place to work. While we have always strived to allocate sales territory equitably we do recognize that a few people may have felt otherwise based upon what projects they were, or were not, assigned. At no point have we ever hired reps simply to sell what our senior reps don’t want to sell. That is a challenge that every sales organization faces. As one of our company’s core operating values is continuous improvement, we introduced a market focused sales structure in 2013, and in January of this year continued that evolution with changes in how we deploy sales reps. This last step comes with a specific focus on new sales representatives joining Naylor with a pre-determined territory, that includes a mix of existing and new sales opportunities. This will create immediate sales and compensation opportunities to those who perform well almost immediately after being hired. We pay our sales representatives a sales draw in advance of earning their sales commissions. We always pay our sales representatives for all of the commissions they earn. Any statements otherwise are completely inaccurate. On rare occasions, we sign an agreement with an association that undervalued their communication offerings to their members and target market. This is why associations partner with Naylor. They want to communicate more effectively with their members and generate non dues revenue to help run their associations more effectively. Competitive advertising rates facilitate these two objectives. In these situations, we typically grandfather existing advertising rates for a period of time and then gradually increase the advertising rates until the existing advertisers are paying fair market value for advertising. Thank you for your feedback.

"Rethink your choice before saying YES"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can truly say that the right management will try to help you to succeed however there is only like one person who willing to help

Cons

Management has their favorites and it affects your work ethic, you get burnout very easily, call volume is pushed to the max, you rarely hit sales goals or make sale, and everyone is dating or married to everyone in The company those are the only people they help to succeed. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Most people don't last past 3 months it affects the culutre... Upper management cares none about the... employees.

Advice to Management

Please try to help to develop your sales executives it seems like you only bring in the new sales people to find sales for the older reps and get rid of the new people like nothing. Your culture outlook and environment is so disgusting i almost wonder how you all are still in business. You all intentionally mess up people's ads and still want them to pay you. You all really need to be stopped.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-04-05

April 6, 2017Sales Representative Development Manager

Thank you for your comments. Naylor’s success is 100% tied to the success of our sales force. As part of our core operating values, we commit to everyone in our company’s ongoing improvement. We support, encourage and provide ongoing training and development for all of our sales force as often as needed – from the time they walk in on their first day until the day they retire. We continue to coach and develop reps who have been with us for over 15 years as they continuously enhance their skill sets to reach their growing personal and professional goals. And we only succeed when we work together! Being in our industry, supporting association clients for over 40 years, we have a strong grasp on the right actions, beliefs and attitudes required for success. We teach them to those who want to learn! The opportunity is here to have a long, rewarding and highly-profitable sales career. Providing each rep with the best-possible skills and territory is always the first start to that career, and something we strive to do really, really well. As a result, we’ve enjoyed success for over 40+ years, with the privilege of now working with over 1,800 association clients and thousands of advertisers. It is NOT an easy role! And there are requirements for it. But it is definitely rewarding. You have the opportunity to build your own book of business, work with great people, impact your industries in a positive way, and achieve a high income in a supportive, caring environment. What’s better than that?! Thank you again for your feedback.

5. "Account executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Party city. Fun and great if you are a teen or a collage grad as first job.

Cons

Forget making money because the senior management have favorites and they get it all. You have to find needle in the haystack to get a sale.

Advice to Management

Be fair to all employees in the company and stop shocking up with employees.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-03-30

April 3, 2017Group Vice President

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to read your observations about a fun place to work at Naylor. We want it to be. That is one of our Core Operating Values. Thank you also for sharing your opinion about territory. While we have always believed we have done all that we could to allocate sales territory equitably, and to avoid perceptions of favoritism, we do recognize that a few people may have felt that way, based upon what projects they were, or were not assigned. We are listening. We have recently initiated an entirely NEW and DIFFERENT hiring strategy for the sales department, and a completely NEW process of how new sales executives receive territory. As background, Naylor is organized into 10 different market groups. First, we are hiring fewer new sales executives, and we are hiring into the specific market group for which we have a staffing need. Second, when we hire a new sales executive, they will be provided with a specific territory in the market group to which they are being assigned, both EXISTING advertiser accounts as well as NEW sales opportunity. This is completely different than the way we used to assign territory to new sales executives. This provides the opportunity for more territory for each of our new sales team members. This is a new strategy for us, and we have been implementing this program since January. With this new approach, we believe our new sales executives have a better opportunity to sell more and earn more in their first year with us. Thank you.

"Great Employees, Company Has Potential"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been employed for six years with Naylor. The benefits are really good and the associations we support are good clients to work with.

Cons

There is no "real" middle management in the 500 person company. All of the decisions are made by the CEO and COO and they are hands-on in all of the details. There was a hefty and out of the blue lay-off of 50-60 employees in late August 2016. It has shaken the culture and confidence in my co-workers.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-12-15
  7. "Sales Account Execuetive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very lax and fun work environment.

Cons

They have a high outbound call demand. 55 calls a day min average. Most customers aren't satisfied with the product so it's hard to resell.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-11-17

November 28, 2016Sales Representative Development Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Promoting a fun and caring work environment is something we are very proud of. Our culture, our people and our unique media products are huge parts of what makes our company great! As far as customers not being satisfied -- I am sorry you got this perception. Our media products are frequently the flagship communication platforms for many of our association clients. Our differentiation in media offerings is what stands us out in the industry. Although some clients will choose not to participate, our strong client base across over 500 industries and thousands of individual customers suggests not only high demand for our product offerings, but significant growth opportunities as we move forward. Thank you again for your feedback!

"Account Executive/Sales Rep"

Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Great people! My co-workers were the best part of the job.

Cons

Management doesn't care to invest in employees. They don't listen when you voice your concern and try to blame you instead of their organizational structure. Also, there are no growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees more, and listen if they tell you your way of doing things isn't beneficial.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-11-04

November 28, 2016Sales Representative Development Manager

We appreciate your comments. Yes, we love our people, and investing in them is a crucial part of our success! I am sorry you felt we do not. We offer sales reps a full month of training, followed by continuous opportunities for ongoing training and development. We employ multiple sales trainers (who had sales success themselves), team leaders (who are currently having success) and others, with an open-door culture so that reps always have dedicated resources available to them. We operate under a commitment to ongoing improvement which includes feedback from all employees. We of course can’t implement every idea we receive (although we wish we could and we receive a lot of good ideas!), but we always are looking for feedback in order to improve. As far as growth opportunities – an important element in the success of our company is getting the best people in the right roles. We know this and look to execute on this principle to the best of our ability. Many employees in our management team and in other important non-sales roles started out as successful sales reps. And within sales, as a performance-based company, we reward strong performance with additional sales opportunity to help grow our reps’ income! I hope this has helped, and thank you again for your feedback!

"Inside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good co-workers to work beside. Some of the management is nice and you can tell they're just doing their job and what they have to do. You can tell the way they have to treat the sales people affects them.

Cons

Revolving door. Highest turnover I've ever experienced. Out of your entire class, maybe two if any will be there 3 to 4 months from your hire date. They hire talented people but don't invest the time in them that they claim they will. They will tell you it takes about a year to figure out the job but will only keep you a few months even if you show improvement and follow all their steps. They had an internal issue... caused by executives that caused a lot of good people to lose their jobs.

Advice to Management

Stand up to executives in regards to developing your talent instead of hiring 20 new people every couple months. Stop giving people a countdown deadline to the day you all choose to "part ways". Nobody is going to dedicate their last couple of weeks to hitting their goal if they know they will be fired in the end. Instead they will be focused on finding new employment. I mean I know business is business but karma is... karma as well. You can't mess with people's lives and expect nothing to come of it.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-10-18

"Sales"

Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions

Pros

There are a fair amount of good people working here, some are very genuine and nice while others I got the sales person vibe where they were putting up a facade. The outside aesthetics of the building was nice, but nothing breath taking or out of the ordinary.

Cons

So, this company hires fast, which should have in hindsight been red flag number one, within two weeks of applying I was hired and this unfortunate experience began. The first two weeks almost mirror the interview you will have. They break down the company what they stand for, how there is no micromanaging, work life balance, etc. You don’t really do too much during this time, it is a lot like high school you learn... your script and recite it so you, “Don’t get reported to HR.” The real problems occur within the first 1.5 months of your employment here, I am going to break it down what I saw to be the major qualms that I had with this company that I didn’t notice any other reviewer go over. 1. The, “No micromanaging” they tell you’ This is not true to put it blunt this is micromanaging heaven. You will be consistently hounded for either call volume or why aren’t you at quota. Even if you have quota but not volume, you will still be getting a talking to. 2. Work life balance You have a little more control over this but several times, I was asked to load leads on weekends or stay longer during the weekday. While the pay for what you get ($30,000 base) is decent, it does not merit in my opinion working at 45+ hour workweek. If you refuse to either load leads on the weekend or sometimes stay longer because of California being a later time zone, you will be once more on thin ice. 3. The work itself During my interview I was told this was business to business (B2B) and that we would have leads loaded for us and the vast majority of the companies knew who Naylor was. This is a half true, some of the companies knew who Naylor was (maybe 5 out of 500) but, the majority of them did not know and were not very happy to be bothered during their prime working hours, which during the latter portion of at my time at Naylor, I began to sympathize with the people who were not pleased with me calling. This was a long, as I wanted to make this review before droning on too much, there is still so much more that I was not happy with. There is an extremely high turnover rate for a reason, classes of 3-10 come in and within 6 months out of a 10-person class 3 might still be there. Heavily consider your options before signing with this company, the people are nice but the work is anything but nice. If you have anything irking you about the job itself if you start working here, do your research once you’re in and formulate your own opinion.

Advice to Management

I would think about it if I were management with a turnover rate so high and when the claim is having a surplus of, “qualified applicants” then I would ask why do so many people leave? There is something on the parting employees side due to leaving but thinking that they are 100% in the wrong is not leaving the door open for company improvement.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-10-24

October 26, 2016Development Manager

Thank you for your input as it does help us grow as a company. I am sorry you felt as if you were in high school during our training. We work very hard at executing the best training possible. Normally I hear that the training was the best sales training a new sales rep has ever had. I hear this from existing reps and those that have left. We take a lot of time hiring the right person as we do know this is not the job for everyone. On average in Gainesville we have hired around 4-5 inside sales reps per month. We do have some that are not a fit, but we take plenty of time helping them before we make that call. It is not about just the goal but do we see sustainable growth each month. I am sorry you felt micromanaged from any manager here. That is not my style, but I am sure it happens. I will take that feedback to make sure that does not happen again. It is a heavy lead researching job. If this was not communicated to you during your interview, I again apologize. Naylor is very well known and there are times clients do not want our call but we are inside B2B sales, that is what we do and we do it well. There is turn over in any sales company, but our retention has grown since 2013. We do not want to replace anyone we hire. This is unrealistic, but we go into each new hire trying never to lose them. I am sorry you have felt otherwise. We wish you future success.

Found 134 reviews