Naylor Association Solutions Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 43 reviews

3.6
Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr

"This job changed my life."

Current Employee - Advertising Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The coworkers, the coworkers, the coworkers. I absolutely love everyone I work with, Naylor doesn't hire lame people!

Cons

Territory politics, emphasis on call volume, and favoritism

Advice to Management

Make sure that 1 year+ employees are valued just as much as the newer reps. We need love too!

Naylor Association Solutions2019-03-29
  2. "Not a place to begin your career"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees here are really friendly. They have an 8:30a-5p workday with a 1 hr lunch.

Cons

The training will convince you that this place is Nirvana and the products sell themselves, but you will quickly learn this is untrue. Then when you attempt to seek coaching or assistance from management they will only tell you how great you're doing then, one day without notice, tell you that you're not doing "great" enough and give you the opportunity to quit vs. being fired.

Advice to Management

Work on your training, ramp-up practices - it's incredibly difficult to gain traction as a new hire. Yes, you can point to the people that have been here 300 years and say how great they're doing, but that's not practical or helpful for newbies. Also, your benefits are *insanely* expensive!!

Naylor Association Solutions2019-08-19

"If you have more then $1500 a month in bills...don't take it"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice company but nice doesn't take the stress away from bills being paid.

Cons

You simply can't make ends meet with $1500 every 2 weeks. After insurance and taxes you will bring home an average of $1100 bi-weekly and that will be how much you'll make the first year. You may get a bonus here and there but not to much. It's stressful not being about to pay bills. 1/10 ppl actually stay. You will see ppl leave ALL THE TIME. If u can make it the first year then you could make a little more the... following year.

Advice to Management

Pay new employees better for the first year.

Naylor Association Solutions2018-10-17

"The whole package, great place"

Current Employee - Sales in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Teamwork and opportunity are plentiful. The technology used is best of the best, from the CRM to the new software being implemented. Naylor stays on the front edge of new practices in order to stay ahead of the market. The helpful nature of colleagues extends through every level, from sales to support to senior management. The true indication of this ? I worked here for many years previous, went to another job... for a couple years and ultimately came back to Naylor.

Cons

Bring back the FISH :)

Naylor Association Solutions2018-06-01

"Advertising Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company cares about their employees, wants them to succeed. This is a sales environment, if you want to make money, you have to make calls, however, as long as you are doing your job, working hard, and being a team player, you will find success here. Phone sales, even B2B is not for everyone, however, for a motivated sales professional this is a great place to work. Positive attitude, everyone is very... willing to help, and management knows if employees succeed, management succeeds.

Cons

I have yet to find any

Naylor Association Solutions2018-01-05
  6. "Inside Sales account"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

First month is OK otherwise really isn't anything good to say

Cons

Managers are so young not a good place to work

Advice to Management

Get your act together

Naylor Association Solutions2017-11-13
  7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Association based sales, B2B, promotes from within, ice cream socials, and fun work space.

Cons

Used to be more flexible about working from home, we are commission only reps, this should be allowed. Hires young managers from within that have no business being in management, and then do not train them well, and then they get power hungry. the sales team have more knowledge on how to run this place than our young managers.

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced, older managers. Allow more work from home opportunities. Telework is the way to go!!! Go back to the Commission as soon as it turns blue, instead of when it ships, this gives some of us month with out commission, relying on our draw and puts us in a whole. We can stay on top of our commissions better the old way. Also more motivating to see I sel this now I see it in the next pay period!!!

Naylor Association Solutions2017-08-01
  8. "The Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been at Naylor pretty much my whole career. What we do here is pretty special. We sell advertising-Print, Online for Trade Associations all over. This place has always been a special place. The people here are truly amazing and some of my life BFF's. The job is sales. It's a hard job. It's a hard job anywhere you have to sell for a living but this place gives you the best opportunity to sell. We work for... the best Trade Associations everywhere. We truly care about our associations and everyone here really wants to make a difference. I've never seen this many individuals working towards the same goal. It's a fun, caring work environment. I'm always shocked to read such reviews below about how we don't care and how people have nightmares. Don't let that make your decision for you. There are some great people here and we have a great opportunity for you to gain knowledge and expertise in the association world and we need more great individuals to add to our existent Naylor family. If it were easy everyone would do it....Most that leave don't try and then leave negative reviews but the ones that stay and work hard really do make a difference in their lives with this career.

Cons

The biggest room for improvement we have is to continue to make our employees feel special. As we continue to grow we have to remember how our walls were built and remember the employees and individuals and associations that have got us here. This is a hard job so incentives are a must. We can do better in this category.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to push our employees to be the best. Someone come up with some good sales incentives and contests and fun and games. That is what we are missing. Team Bonding! It's why I initially loved this place and how we can get more new people to feel part of something bigger. Some teams have great team bonding but not all teams are the same so many feel left out.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-31
  9. "The Best Career Position I Have Ever Had"

Former Employee - Sales in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hard work is rewarded; but you have to treat this as a 3 year investment in a permanent career thereafter. You must build your book of new and repeat business. At 3 years, you've either reached critical mass or left the company.

Cons

Compared to other organizations, absolutely none

Advice to Management

The definition of Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over and expect the outcome to be different. Organic sales stagnant = need for changes in the business model, not a rearrangement of the deck chairs.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-25

"Never Worked Anywhere That Did More To Get In My Way Of Closing Deals AND Keeping The Client From Renewal Business!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of nice people to work with daily and the office was in a very nice area with lots of restaurants nearby for lunch.

Cons

This company has way to many young and inexperienced people in management. They don't understand how to balance managment expectations with the real life daily concerns of the client. We literally would have meetings to plan a meeting for purpose of a future planning meeting to start a new publication!! I don't know how many times I was told last minute "we're having a meeting and must attend. I would reply I have... an appointment call set to close a deal. These very young managers would say you will have to reschedule. My reply became Oh so now Naylor is paying my commission check not the client who is Always Right???" You would have ladies in accounting in Winepeg CA putting companies into collection after 30 days of non-payment. Try getting a customer to renew on advertising after your accounting department does that to the client.

Advice to Management

It's great to promote from within as it fosters loyalty and incentive to stick with the company and work hard. But you need to rain in these young managers and teach them how to really manage people in the real world.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-06-26