Naylor Association Solutions "call volume" Reviews | Glassdoor

Naylor Association Solutions Employee Reviews about "call volume"

Updated Aug 19, 2019

Found 134 reviews

3.6
Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr
Pros
  • "The company wants you to have a great work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "A fun and caring work environment within a company that is supportive of work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true(in 8 reviews)

• "Territory politics, emphasis on call volume, and favoritism(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "call volume"

Return to all Reviews

"This job changed my life."

Current Employee - Advertising Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The coworkers, the coworkers, the coworkers. I absolutely love everyone I work with, Naylor doesn't hire lame people!

Cons

Territory politics, emphasis on call volume, and favoritism

Advice to Management

Make sure that 1 year+ employees are valued just as much as the newer reps. We need love too!

Naylor Association Solutions2019-03-29

"Rethink your choice before saying YES"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

I can truly say that the right management will try to help you to succeed however there is only like one person who willing to help

Cons

Management has their favorites and it affects your work ethic, you get burnout very easily, call volume is pushed to the max, you rarely hit sales goals or make sale, and everyone is dating or married to everyone in The company those are the only people they help to succeed. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Most people don't last past 3 months it affects the culutre... Upper management cares none about the... employees.

Advice to Management

Please try to help to develop your sales executives it seems like you only bring in the new sales people to find sales for the older reps and get rid of the new people like nothing. Your culture outlook and environment is so disgusting i almost wonder how you all are still in business. You all intentionally mess up people's ads and still want them to pay you. You all really need to be stopped.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-04-05

April 6, 2017Sales Representative Development Manager

Thank you for your comments. Naylor’s success is 100% tied to the success of our sales force. As part of our core operating values, we commit to everyone in our company’s ongoing improvement. We support, encourage and provide ongoing training and development for all of our sales force as often as needed – from the time they walk in on their first day until the day they retire. We continue to coach and develop reps who have been with us for over 15 years as they continuously enhance their skill sets to reach their growing personal and professional goals. And we only succeed when we work together! Being in our industry, supporting association clients for over 40 years, we have a strong grasp on the right actions, beliefs and attitudes required for success. We teach them to those who want to learn! The opportunity is here to have a long, rewarding and highly-profitable sales career. Providing each rep with the best-possible skills and territory is always the first start to that career, and something we strive to do really, really well. As a result, we’ve enjoyed success for over 40+ years, with the privilege of now working with over 1,800 association clients and thousands of advertisers. It is NOT an easy role! And there are requirements for it. But it is definitely rewarding. You have the opportunity to build your own book of business, work with great people, impact your industries in a positive way, and achieve a high income in a supportive, caring environment. What’s better than that?! Thank you again for your feedback.

"Sales"

Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions

Pros

There are a fair amount of good people working here, some are very genuine and nice while others I got the sales person vibe where they were putting up a facade. The outside aesthetics of the building was nice, but nothing breath taking or out of the ordinary.

Cons

So, this company hires fast, which should have in hindsight been red flag number one, within two weeks of applying I was hired and this unfortunate experience began. The first two weeks almost mirror the interview you will have. They break down the company what they stand for, how there is no micromanaging, work life balance, etc. You don’t really do too much during this time, it is a lot like high school you learn... your script and recite it so you, “Don’t get reported to HR.” The real problems occur within the first 1.5 months of your employment here, I am going to break it down what I saw to be the major qualms that I had with this company that I didn’t notice any other reviewer go over. 1. The, “No micromanaging” they tell you’ This is not true to put it blunt this is micromanaging heaven. You will be consistently hounded for either call volume or why aren’t you at quota. Even if you have quota but not volume, you will still be getting a talking to. 2. Work life balance You have a little more control over this but several times, I was asked to load leads on weekends or stay longer during the weekday. While the pay for what you get ($30,000 base) is decent, it does not merit in my opinion working at 45+ hour workweek. If you refuse to either load leads on the weekend or sometimes stay longer because of California being a later time zone, you will be once more on thin ice. 3. The work itself During my interview I was told this was business to business (B2B) and that we would have leads loaded for us and the vast majority of the companies knew who Naylor was. This is a half true, some of the companies knew who Naylor was (maybe 5 out of 500) but, the majority of them did not know and were not very happy to be bothered during their prime working hours, which during the latter portion of at my time at Naylor, I began to sympathize with the people who were not pleased with me calling. This was a long, as I wanted to make this review before droning on too much, there is still so much more that I was not happy with. There is an extremely high turnover rate for a reason, classes of 3-10 come in and within 6 months out of a 10-person class 3 might still be there. Heavily consider your options before signing with this company, the people are nice but the work is anything but nice. If you have anything irking you about the job itself if you start working here, do your research once you’re in and formulate your own opinion.

Advice to Management

I would think about it if I were management with a turnover rate so high and when the claim is having a surplus of, “qualified applicants” then I would ask why do so many people leave? There is something on the parting employees side due to leaving but thinking that they are 100% in the wrong is not leaving the door open for company improvement.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-10-24

October 26, 2016Development Manager

Thank you for your input as it does help us grow as a company. I am sorry you felt as if you were in high school during our training. We work very hard at executing the best training possible. Normally I hear that the training was the best sales training a new sales rep has ever had. I hear this from existing reps and those that have left. We take a lot of time hiring the right person as we do know this is not the job for everyone. On average in Gainesville we have hired around 4-5 inside sales reps per month. We do have some that are not a fit, but we take plenty of time helping them before we make that call. It is not about just the goal but do we see sustainable growth each month. I am sorry you felt micromanaged from any manager here. That is not my style, but I am sure it happens. I will take that feedback to make sure that does not happen again. It is a heavy lead researching job. If this was not communicated to you during your interview, I again apologize. Naylor is very well known and there are times clients do not want our call but we are inside B2B sales, that is what we do and we do it well. There is turn over in any sales company, but our retention has grown since 2013. We do not want to replace anyone we hire. This is unrealistic, but we go into each new hire trying never to lose them. I am sorry you have felt otherwise. We wish you future success.

4. "Account Exec"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Payouts good if you hit goal

Cons

Too much emphasis on call volume

Naylor Association Solutions2016-09-26

October 5, 2016Sales Representative Development Manager

Thank you for your comments. We do have a lucrative bonus structure that rewards reps for strong sales performance. Being an inside sales position which drives revenue primarily through effective use of the telephone, we do place an emphasis on new reps’ daily call volume. However, the intent is not to micromanage, but rather to operate daily within our core operating values: specifically, our commitment to excellence, education and customer service, both in terms of serving our association clients and in helping sales reps develop their professional skills through practice and feedback. We definitely appreciate your feedback!

5. "Good environment, but high turnover"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Good corporate environment in a nicer building with friendly employees that are very willing to help you succeed. Incentives for performing well, with money bonuses being the most important, but also casual days, lunches, and other incentives.

Cons

In the sales department, it is high call volume and you can be somewhat micromanaged when you first start. They constantly hire and fire, so most people you train with will not be there 3-6 months down the line. It is sink or swim and they will offer some support but have little patience. It can be a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Work on further fostering your employees instead of giving, in some cases, a month or so on the floor before you make final decisions. Think of different approaches to not allow Naylor to continue to be a revolving door.

Naylor Association Solutions2015-04-27

February 2, 2016Manager

Thank you for your input. At Naylor, we continually seek to help our employees succeed and maintain patience in the achievement process.

"Definitely Short Term"

Former Employee - Inside-Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work shift, informative training, great work location

Cons

In the interview you're told that some people are making over 6 figures. That's actually true, their are two individuals to 3 individuals that they absolutely cherish and they get all of the old accounts that you worked your butt off to close in your short time working there. Everyone is married to someone there and it's a very weird culture. It's a great place to work to gain some experience and challenge your... sales ability. It's also good if you need something to put some cash in your pocket for a while until you find a career focused sales job. The training was good and so are the choice of work hours. Also, what I hated about my job is I had to take go home to find leads to call after working. You're always researching leads to call. If you don't find your own leads you're screwed and you cannot meet the call volume daily quota. However, I would not recommend this company if you are seeking something long term and stable. Naylor gets pretty stressful after your first full month and your job is definitely threatened after about 90 days. Also, for me I am not good at selling advertising on a project I don't believe in so it's hard to make your commission. You may get 1 decent project and the rest are projects that the seasoned reps reject. Sometimes you are not given enough projects to make your ever increasing monthly goal. Don't get sucked in. The staff that's been there for a while are tight knit and are very phony. They care nothing about you. But hey, Naylor seems like they are no different in culture than any other large company out here. No one seems to care anymore.

Advice to Management

You've had the opportunity to be blessed with seasoned and new talent. I mean a lot of those people can sell their butts off. Unfortunately none of it matters to you because for some reason people are nothing more than a number. You use them for the miles you can get out of them and you go on to the next and the cycle repeats. I guess that's working for you! Also, you need to set realistic sales goals because people... cannot make a living long-term from the base salary.

Naylor Association Solutions2014-10-03

February 2, 2016Manager

Thank you for voicing with Naylor your concerns. We do not intend to create a stressful work environment for employees. Rather, we seek to provide a comfortable work environment with extensive opportunities to succeed. The workload assigned is meant only to create success for our employees.

Found 134 reviews