Naylor Association Solutions "high turnover" Reviews | Glassdoor

Naylor Association Solutions Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated Aug 19, 2019

Found 134 reviews

3.6
Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr
Pros
  • "The company wants you to have a great work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "A fun and caring work environment within a company that is supportive of work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true(in 8 reviews)

• "Territory politics, emphasis on call volume, and favoritism(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews

"Decent company. I like it there."

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Good company. Management can be really good. Great work-life balance. Fun place. Good people. Okay benefits.

Cons

Low pay, very low. Some people can be very hard to work with. Typical corporate office. Some people will walk all over you unless you stick up for yourself. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people that don't do their jobs well. Pay the good employees more.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-09-12

"Sales"

Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions

Pros

There are a fair amount of good people working here, some are very genuine and nice while others I got the sales person vibe where they were putting up a facade. The outside aesthetics of the building was nice, but nothing breath taking or out of the ordinary.

Cons

So, this company hires fast, which should have in hindsight been red flag number one, within two weeks of applying I was hired and this unfortunate experience began. The first two weeks almost mirror the interview you will have. They break down the company what they stand for, how there is no micromanaging, work life balance, etc. You don’t really do too much during this time, it is a lot like high school you learn... your script and recite it so you, “Don’t get reported to HR.” The real problems occur within the first 1.5 months of your employment here, I am going to break it down what I saw to be the major qualms that I had with this company that I didn’t notice any other reviewer go over. 1. The, “No micromanaging” they tell you’ This is not true to put it blunt this is micromanaging heaven. You will be consistently hounded for either call volume or why aren’t you at quota. Even if you have quota but not volume, you will still be getting a talking to. 2. Work life balance You have a little more control over this but several times, I was asked to load leads on weekends or stay longer during the weekday. While the pay for what you get ($30,000 base) is decent, it does not merit in my opinion working at 45+ hour workweek. If you refuse to either load leads on the weekend or sometimes stay longer because of California being a later time zone, you will be once more on thin ice. 3. The work itself During my interview I was told this was business to business (B2B) and that we would have leads loaded for us and the vast majority of the companies knew who Naylor was. This is a half true, some of the companies knew who Naylor was (maybe 5 out of 500) but, the majority of them did not know and were not very happy to be bothered during their prime working hours, which during the latter portion of at my time at Naylor, I began to sympathize with the people who were not pleased with me calling. This was a long, as I wanted to make this review before droning on too much, there is still so much more that I was not happy with. There is an extremely high turnover rate for a reason, classes of 3-10 come in and within 6 months out of a 10-person class 3 might still be there. Heavily consider your options before signing with this company, the people are nice but the work is anything but nice. If you have anything irking you about the job itself if you start working here, do your research once you’re in and formulate your own opinion.

Advice to Management

I would think about it if I were management with a turnover rate so high and when the claim is having a surplus of, “qualified applicants” then I would ask why do so many people leave? There is something on the parting employees side due to leaving but thinking that they are 100% in the wrong is not leaving the door open for company improvement.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-10-24

October 26, 2016Development Manager

Thank you for your input as it does help us grow as a company. I am sorry you felt as if you were in high school during our training. We work very hard at executing the best training possible. Normally I hear that the training was the best sales training a new sales rep has ever had. I hear this from existing reps and those that have left. We take a lot of time hiring the right person as we do know this is not the job for everyone. On average in Gainesville we have hired around 4-5 inside sales reps per month. We do have some that are not a fit, but we take plenty of time helping them before we make that call. It is not about just the goal but do we see sustainable growth each month. I am sorry you felt micromanaged from any manager here. That is not my style, but I am sure it happens. I will take that feedback to make sure that does not happen again. It is a heavy lead researching job. If this was not communicated to you during your interview, I again apologize. Naylor is very well known and there are times clients do not want our call but we are inside B2B sales, that is what we do and we do it well. There is turn over in any sales company, but our retention has grown since 2013. We do not want to replace anyone we hire. This is unrealistic, but we go into each new hire trying never to lose them. I am sorry you have felt otherwise. We wish you future success.

"It's good if you know what you're getting into"

Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions for less than a year

Pros

working with salespeople is fun, everyone is very nice and easy to get along with. coaches are always willing to help out and usually very encouraging. If you can succeed here you can do VERY well for yourself

Cons

very stressful internal pressures to succeed. high turnover on salespeople. don't go into sales because you're "good with people". to maintain a reliable success rate you need to have a killer instinct. If you don't mind most of your interactions involving you interrupting the person you're on the phone with, you can do well here.

Advice to Management

streamline the CRM system so there isn't so much accidental crossover on territory

Naylor Association Solutions2016-02-24

March 21, 2016Sr. Sales Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to Naylor! Our priority is creating a positive, hardworking environment for our employees with the goal of achieving success for all employees. Sales is a difficult position and does face rejection, however, the goals we set for employees are not meant to pressure our employees, but are meant to encourage the employees to continue to strive for success.

"Pay is no Guarantee ...it's a Draw"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Nice people, office fun & activities, learn some things in the training.

Cons

First off if you are used to being paid a base salary +commission, I wouldn't sign up for the sales position there. They pay you a guarantee, don't mistake that for a base ,in the end it's not the same! If you understand getting paid on a draw system then have at it. There are reps there that still don't understand the pay structure. A main reason they like to hire 'kids' straight out of college looking for their... first 'real' job . The kids don't know any better and don't understand. If you sign up for benefits and you go to the doctors or dentist for something serious be prepared to be told you're not covered, especially if you've been there less than a year. So yea immediate benefits, gets deducted from check and most likely not covered. There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true. Sales can be up and down depending on time of year, leads and/or project. But if you aren't selling or making them money you will be fired even after 2 months! How is that helping or giving someone a chance?

Advice to Management

Understand that not everyone comes out the gate strong. Especially if it's their first real job out of college. Giving someone a chance last longer than 2months. Explain the pay structure clearly and not quickly.

Naylor Association Solutions2015-12-24

March 21, 2016Sr. Sales Manager

We greatly appreciate your feedback and the input that you have provided for Naylor. Our managers care greatly for all of our employees and we aim to create a positive work environment that fosters success and growth. We understand that an adjustment period is necessary when entering into a new employment position, especially new college graduates. However, we place this responsibility of the adjustment period on the company, and the employee. We expect our employees to illustrate the capability for growth early on in their position, and taking the opportunity as a chance to learn and grow.

"Soul crushing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fairly standard health/vacation benefits. Employee volunteer fundraising committee encourages community involvement and philanthropy.

Cons

Management/owners do not care about staff — 100% churn-and-burn atmosphere where employees are expendable. In fact, they even encourage it in the sales area so that new hires call on the leads that won't make any money for commission-based veteran reps. If you're not in commission-based sales, expect to make a pittance — company HQ was intentionally relocated to a small college town to take advantage of new grads... who may not know they're being mistreated. Impossible expectations for staff (unless you know who to call to bargain your way around the rules) that actually do not benefit the company's clients. Completely focused on quantity over quality — if you're a prospective client looking for anything other than sales, run. Company shut down most of its production facilities in Winnipeg where it was founded in order to cheaply outsource to India. Stubbornly maintain processes that are actually detrimental to the business. Treat staff like they're children — employees are actually supposed to call in each morning to listen to a recorded message telling them what attire they are allowed to wear based on the previous day's sales. Rolling layoffs not uncommon. Extremely high turnover. Atmosphere of fear and cutthroat ranking-based evaluations.

Advice to Management

Giving $5 gift card to someone whose name you drew out of a hat at Christmas is not a substitution for treating employees like they're people and paying a fair wage.

Naylor Association Solutions2015-11-11

March 21, 2016Sr. Sales Manager

We greatly appreciate the input and feedback you have provided Naylor. Our managers, and work environment collectively, aim to care for all employees and encourage learning and growth. The manager-employee relationship requires efforts on both parts, and managers expect employees to prove their value to the company. Our managers act as mentors to new employees and guide them into the transition in the position. Sales are a challenging role, and meeting goals and facing rejection are large components of the position. However, our management strives to prepare our employees for the position and guide them through as they continue with the job.

6. "Nice learning experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get the opportunity to learn different market segments, as well as the opportunity to sell multi-dimentional advertising platforms. Sales Managers were always willing to help, and coach whenever requested. Great environment on the sales floor.

Cons

Very high turnover. Poor payment structure, everything is from a "draw" where you're only making commission when you sell over a certain goals. Not a very strict hiring process, was dissatisfied that my degree did not really matter when compared to other new hires backgrounds. I truly liked everyone I worked with from management to fellow sales reps, but I feel that if they altered their commission structure,... and hired less they would retain employees. When you read through past comments you see a lot of drastically different descriptions of the job: "Best job ever! Worst Job ever! etc." I would take all of them with a grain of salt. At its core, this is a pretty tough selling gig, people do not want to receive calls from advertiser's, and it can be monotonous calling on companies who have been called on for years from Naylor reps. I do think they give you the opportunity to succeed, but much of that is predicated by how hot you "come out of the gate." If you start out hot, you will be placed on much, much better projects than others--which directly correlates to your commission--and standing within the company. If you continue your success, you can somewhat coast as there are lots of renewals and projects that are not tough sells, but are high ticket items.

Advice to Management

It's a tough spot that you're in because you're profitable in certain regards, but must be spending boatloads of money on bringing in/retaining talented reps. Maybe evaluate what projects you decide to bring on. I can't imagine the Southern Utah Mining Club would be as profitable of an association as a Medical Association.

Naylor Association Solutions2013-07-08

"Good for Experience. Horrible Management. Unethical and Inconsistent."

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Doesn't require working on weekends -Ability to take the lead on projects -Half of the people are amazing to work with -Good for experience for entry level sales people

Cons

Atlanta Branch: Unethical behavior displayed from managers and senior reps; No paid vacation; If you are out sick, they don't pay you; Extreme micro management; -Selling Directory Advertising - a joke. Smart companies don't buy ads; Constant changing in comp plans; Straight commission after two years; Decrease commission rate after two years; Health care plan is way more expensive then other companies;... Incompetent managers; No consistency in company policy - fire one employee for something and ignore another employee for same thing; 90% of reps do not hit sales goal; extremely high turnover rate; 1 out of 40 make it past 2 years; no coaching for reps; managers change 5x in 2 years; the better you perform the more they put exteme pressure on you; lack of recognition; only top 5 reps in branch get the real good projects (all males) and the rest get placed on projects the top 5 would never work; paid on draw - not base plus commission; morale is horrible - everyone is looking for another job that works there; not a fun place to work; senior reps look at new hires as way to make money and are happy when people leave since they take over their accounts -Managers are engaged to other managers. Managers are married to reps. Act like a corporate company and stop allowing this behavior. -Managers hang out with reps. Throw parties and invite current employees. Go to movies and lunch with certain reps. Consistently lie to reps and only admit it after being caught lying. Management openly talks badly about current employees with other reps. The Atlanta branch is failing miserably and I do not see it ever see it getting better with the lack of experience of current managers and the way they treat people.

Advice to Management

Stop placing the blame on the sales reps for the company failing. Look at the managers. Senior management - if you want the Atlanta branch to last, spend a significant amount of time there. Send someone there for at least 3 months to truly understand why the branch is failing. Don't put the hands of the branch in 2 brand new managers and expect it will work. Pay vacation. Offer base + commission. Match 401k. ... Raise starting base to actually attract people with experience. There are way too many companies that pay much more to keep anyone there long term. People will never stay if you keep operating that way. It is obvious to everyone but yourselves.

Naylor Association Solutions2012-08-02
  8. "Inside Sales Representative"

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work with, possible to make a lot of money.

Cons

Its like a call center where you need to make 50 calls a day lots of rejection. tough to make sales. A small portion of people last at this. high turnover.

Naylor Association Solutions2015-09-30

March 21, 2016Sr. Sales Manager

We greatly appreciate the feedback that you have taken the time to provide with Naylor. The nature of sales require rejection, which does make the position challenging. However, in training, we prepare our employees to the best of our ability for the rejection that the position incurs. Employees that continue to persevere despite the rejection find great satisfaction in the sales successfully made and continue to work towards achieving additional sales.

Found 134 reviews