Naylor Association Solutions "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Naylor Association Solutions Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Aug 19, 2019

Found 134 reviews

3.6
Naylor Association Solutions CEO Alex DeBarr
Alex DeBarr
Pros
  • "The company wants you to have a great work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "A fun and caring work environment within a company that is supportive of work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is a high turnover, managers act like they want to help you but not sure if that were true(in 8 reviews)

• "Territory politics, emphasis on call volume, and favoritism(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Best job ever!"

Current Employee - Senior Integrated Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Naylor is celebrating our 50th anniversary this year. We are a very established and well respected company in the association service world. Having worked here 22 years and counting, this is the best job I've ever had. Very family orientated company, strong work values and ethics, extremely lucrative salaries and very stable fun work environment. We have a great management team leading by example. The work... relationships you make with other employees bonds you for life. It's a hard job as sales always is, but very rewarding and those that work hard do very well. They are open to suggestions for improvement and are always looking for ways to make Naylor a better place to work. I'd highly recommend Naylor!

Cons

You get a lot of rejection from people not interested in purchasing advertising but this is my only con. You accept their "no" (if unable to overcome their objections) and move on to the next call. It comes with sales. Otherwise, I love everything about my job and enjoy coming to work each day.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you do best.

Naylor Association Solutions2019-03-26
  2. "The Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been at Naylor pretty much my whole career. What we do here is pretty special. We sell advertising-Print, Online for Trade Associations all over. This place has always been a special place. The people here are truly amazing and some of my life BFF's. The job is sales. It's a hard job. It's a hard job anywhere you have to sell for a living but this place gives you the best opportunity to sell. We work for... the best Trade Associations everywhere. We truly care about our associations and everyone here really wants to make a difference. I've never seen this many individuals working towards the same goal. It's a fun, caring work environment. I'm always shocked to read such reviews below about how we don't care and how people have nightmares. Don't let that make your decision for you. There are some great people here and we have a great opportunity for you to gain knowledge and expertise in the association world and we need more great individuals to add to our existent Naylor family. If it were easy everyone would do it....Most that leave don't try and then leave negative reviews but the ones that stay and work hard really do make a difference in their lives with this career.

Cons

The biggest room for improvement we have is to continue to make our employees feel special. As we continue to grow we have to remember how our walls were built and remember the employees and individuals and associations that have got us here. This is a hard job so incentives are a must. We can do better in this category.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to push our employees to be the best. Someone come up with some good sales incentives and contests and fun and games. That is what we are missing. Team Bonding! It's why I initially loved this place and how we can get more new people to feel part of something bigger. Some teams have great team bonding but not all teams are the same so many feel left out.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-31
  3. "A profession, not a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Naylor provides incredible professional upward mobility if you work for it. The work is incredibly interesting, learning different skill sets and working with many different industries. You learn the association world and how to be a consultant for associations. It's incredibly rewarding. A fun and caring work environment within a company that is supportive of work/life balance.

Cons

There were some layoffs in 2016, but the company rebounded quickly and is back at full stride.

Advice to Management

Keep offering professional development opportunities to employees.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-05-12

"Great environment, but stifled creativity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun work environment, passionate employees, excellent team-oriented atmosphere and flexible work/life balance.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity to progress in certain areas and creativity and innovation though welcomed, is often stifled as opposed to embraced. Bonus structure is greatly impacted by team effort as opposed to individual results in some departments.

Advice to Management

Be more receptive to change, innovation, creativity, and new ideas.

Naylor Association Solutions2017-04-07
  5. "Sales Account Execuetive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very lax and fun work environment.

Cons

They have a high outbound call demand. 55 calls a day min average. Most customers aren't satisfied with the product so it's hard to resell.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-11-17

November 28, 2016Sales Representative Development Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Promoting a fun and caring work environment is something we are very proud of. Our culture, our people and our unique media products are huge parts of what makes our company great! As far as customers not being satisfied -- I am sorry you got this perception. Our media products are frequently the flagship communication platforms for many of our association clients. Our differentiation in media offerings is what stands us out in the industry. Although some clients will choose not to participate, our strong client base across over 500 industries and thousands of individual customers suggests not only high demand for our product offerings, but significant growth opportunities as we move forward. Thank you again for your feedback!

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part, it has a great working environment. Everyone is friendly and the coaches are always available and willing to help. There is unlimited earning potential and there's always incentives to increase your pay year-long. Obviously if you continue to do well, you will be rewarded with better opportunities, just like in any environment. A rookie doesn't GET playing time, they have to EARN it through... playing well. As opposed to most inside sales, you aren't just selling a product. You are essentially playing match-maker with businesses and their buyers. The associations rely on non-dues revenue to operate and creates a win-win-win for all parties involved most of the time. If you want to make money, be hungry and do your work. If you don't care about money, don't get into sales.

Cons

They could shift the emphasis on print towards digital components (which they are working towards) to entice more advertisers. Association retention also needs to be a focus to keep the sales floor motivated.

Naylor Association Solutions2016-01-05

March 21, 2016Sr. Sales Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide Naylor with input regarding your employment with our company. Providing our employees with growth opportunities and incentives towards growing is a value we firmly believe in. As with all employment opportunities, opportunities are earned, not given. We want our employees to work hard, in turn earning additional opportunities, raises, and promotions. Our emphasis on print, rather than digital advertising follows suit with the industry, which has not yet shifted towards heavy use of digital advertising.

"Work hard, follow the plan - get results"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful Christian management, team work environment, excellent training & support for learning and growth, strong future income potential and promotion. Utilize what they teach you through successful sales experiences and you shall succeed. A/C is good for those who can't take the Florida heat.

Cons

Inside sales isn't for everyone. Suggest you research if it will be a good fit for you & you for them. There is a lot of repetition but for a reason. Turnover can be high that's why you must do your research and ask a lot of questions if it's for you . A/C is tough if you run cold.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture long look future for those struggling with the phones. Thank you for all of your support! God bless.

Naylor Association Solutions2015-07-02

October 23, 2015Vice-President, Human Resources & Employee Development

Thank you very much for your comments. As you say, inside sales may not be suited for everyone. Our goal is for everyone who comes to Naylor to be successful. If they find it was not the right job for them, we hope they had a positive experience and learned and benefited from it. Our operating values endorse a fun and caring work environment. Naylor welcomes people from all faiths, backgrounds, races and nationalities. We strongly support diversity. Chip Sharkey, VP, HR

"Former employee's review"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working environment, encouraging management, friendly staff

Cons

Ad sales can be a tough business

Naylor Association Solutions2013-09-18

"A fun job in a fast-paced environment"

Former Employee -  in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor Association Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Naylor is made up of great people all the way from janitorial up to the CEO, it is a fun work environment, is forward-thinking and has good training opportunities. Team-working ability is a must.

Cons

Pay in the marketing department is grossly under value and the department itself is not taken seriously by the rest of the company. Marketing employees are stretched thin and do not have a real voice on the executive level. Also, some work has been outsourced to India and the communication barrier can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are really worth and the will stay. This will decrease turnover and increase strong team company-wide.

Naylor Association Solutions2013-05-07

"Senior Sales Rep, Gainesville, FL"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

Pros

I have read all these comments on this site about Naylor. Please keep in mind, most are written by employees who are no longer employed here anymore because they got let go for lack of performance or they obviously did not have the skills ( or didn't bother really paying attention in the training class to learn the skills). I have been with Naylor for 16 years, the entire time as a straight-commission sales rep.... This is the best job I've ever had, not to mention, the most rewarding. This company provides you with all the tools you need to be successful. Yes, straight commission is hard and challenging but very very rewarding all the same. The slackers who come to this company and expect to make huge or even decent salaries with little to no work effort are just dreaming. Hard work pays off! Naylor offers excellent training, they care about their staff and they do many things throughout the year for the benefit of our employees and to encourage a fun and caring working environment. We are also a very giving company and we have several fund raisers throughout the year supporting local charities.

Cons

The only con is not getting a guaranteed paycheck every two weeks. I had the option at 3 months into my employment to go off the salary and go straight commission, which is what I did. In my 16 years with Naylor, I have never not received a paycheck. Like I said, work hard and you get paid. Slack off and don't take the job seriously, and you'll be out the door faster than you came in!

Advice to Management

We have a great management team! Keep up the good work!

Naylor Association Solutions2013-04-08