Neil Reading PR Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 13 reviews

2.7
  1. "Awful Management"

I worked at Neil Reading PR Agency

Pros

Interesting clients in the lifestyle and entertainment industry.

Cons

Horrible time off policy in terms of both personal and sick days. Even lunch breaks were extremely monitored. However, the worst was the senior management. Even with an open layout office, the most interacting Neil ever does with his employees includes scolding.

Neil Reading PR Agency2016-12-27
  2. "Not the best"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Neil Reading PR Agency for less than a year

Pros

Long standing clients, colleagues are nice and easy to talk to/collaborative, you are given typical PR work but can get more responsibilities if you ask for it.

Cons

Lots of deliveries to make, company is old-fashioned (not much into the digital age), lots of downtime, boss ignores interns entirely and is rude to full-time employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff members with more respect and keep the office more organized

Neil Reading PR Agency2015-10-12
  3. "Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Neil Reading PR Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've had a brilliant time at Neil Reading PR. I started as an intern and have been able to work my way up in the company. The teams are small and very close so I've had opportunities to learn lots and hone my PR skills. Neil Reading PR has proved to be the perfect place to start my career and has offered me so many opportunities to develop.

Cons

Not a con for me, but you are often required to work events at Neil Reading PR - including helping on accounts/teams you don't work on. This, again, has given me some fantastic experience but I'd say definitely be prepared to get stuck in and work extra evenings if needed!

Neil Reading PR Agency2019-08-09

"Horrible Boss, Nice Team"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in London, England

I worked at Neil Reading PR Agency for less than a year

Pros

The team are friendly, fun clients, decent location.

Cons

Constant pressure, intense environment, Neil has no manners for his staff, very rude and unfriendly. Anal about the smallest things such as monitoring how much paper you use to print, printing in colour, switching on lights (during work hours) etc. He bullies his staff and makes asserts authority whenever he can. He was horrible to me personally, I've never experienced such disrespect.

Advice to Management

Learn some people skills and take your head out your bottom.

Neil Reading PR Agency2019-02-07

"awful company"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Neil Reading PR Agency

Pros

Nothing... dont bother with this place

Cons

Everything ... awful peopl and compay

Advice to Management

Give up... you suck

Neil Reading PR Agency2019-01-17

"Nightmare boss"

I worked at Neil Reading PR Agency full-time

Pros

The staff themselves were lovely and supportive. Exciting clients. Learned a lot.

Cons

Neil Reading himself was absolutely vile to everyone around him. He shouted, swore at staff, bullied anyone he could and would give staff a public 'telling off' for insignifant errors (not stapling something correctly for example). The atmosphere was extremely tense and the way the agency was run was very old fashioned. Neil himself behaved in strange, tyranical ways (not sharing his diary with staff, storming... into the office and switching off all lights making staff work in dim light, forcing staff to stand by his desk for 2/3/4 hours at a time passsing him printed out emails one by one until he ticked off his to do list). Any postiive reviews you see here I would doubt severely as the awful atmosphere affected everyone. Neil would like for us to create fake trip advisor accounts and write fake reviews for his resturant clients and looks like this is what might have happened on Glass Door too.

Advice to Management

Seek therapy and just be a decent human

Neil Reading PR Agency2018-10-12

"Awful, Neil is horrible"

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Neil Reading PR Agency for less than a year

Pros

The people in the office are nice and some of the clients are interesting. It's a good location to work and good working hours 9.30-5.30

Cons

Neil is horrible. Swears and shouts at the employees and never acknowledges anything positive. When he's in the office it's a horrible atmosphere, nobody talks and it feels really tense.

Neil Reading PR Agency2018-10-07
  8. "Great experience!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England

I worked at Neil Reading PR Agency for less than a year

Pros

I have done a two-month internship at Neil Reading PR and I enjoyed every minute of it. Everybody was very friendly, welcoming and professional, and made me feel part of the team. I enjoyed improving my skills and learning new ones, both giving my contribution to the agency and learning from my colleagues. They also gave me the opportunity to attend a client's event with them, which was a great experience. The... environment is relaxed yet professional, they are all really nice people, the clients are great, and the location is also excellent, which makes lunch breaks enjoyable as well. I am glad I applied for the internship and I totally recommend it!

Cons

I liked everything, so for me there were no cons.

Advice to Management

n/a

Neil Reading PR Agency2018-06-21
  9. "Interning at Neil Reading PR"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Neil Reading PR Agency

Pros

If you're looking for a fun, exciting and interesting internship then I highly recommend working at NRPR. The team is friendly and helpful and make you feel like part of the team straight away. The work is varied and exciting and although the agency is extremely busy, people take time to explain things to you properly so you are always learning. As it is a small team, you can get stuck into the work and are given as... much responsibility as you are comfortable with, rather than simply carrying out mundane tasks which is often the case in larger companies. The agency's clients are varied across entertainment and lifestyle divisions and therefore you are always working on something new, from luxury restaurant and bar openings to theatre productions and exhibitions. Having interned in several different companies, NRPR really stands out as a place where I learnt a lot, worked with some incredible people and genuinely enjoyed going to work each day.

Cons

No particular cons to state.

Neil Reading PR Agency2018-02-08
  10. "Intern Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Neil Reading PR Agency

Pros

There were points where we'd be taking part in really exciting stuff, plus you get to work with lots of interesting people - for example west end productions, actors etc. Client list is actually very impressive for an agency that size. You learn a lot. There aren't many people working there so you're thrown in at the deep end. People were very friendly and helpful.

Cons

The interesting events were few and far between. When they came up it makes your day, but otherwise you don't have much to do. NO PAY. This was the worst as I did a lot of work for Neil Reading and feel I deserved something. They have a very outdated means of communication and organisation, making swift productivity nearly impossible. All the computers are old and the files for clients are something from the... stone age and belong in a museum. Everyone has to go through Neil Reading preventing any creative spirit within the team and seemed to gave a very strict vipe throughout the office during the day. Felt very tedious and old fashioned.

Advice to Management

First and foremost, pay your interns, this is the 21st century people!

Neil Reading PR Agency2018-01-25