Nektar Therapeutics Reviews | Glassdoor

Nektar Therapeutics Reviews

Found 68 reviews

3.7
Howard W. Robin
Pros
  • "Good Pay and benefits and thats about it(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior Management is running this small Biotech as if it were a Pharma company(in 4 reviews)

• "The company provides flex time and work from home options for employees which offsets the hard work and commitment required to succeed(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company who is passionate about their mission/science as well as their employees"

Current Employee - Associate Director, Clinical Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nektar has a truly engaging work environment that promotes a work/life balance and cares about their employees. Leadership is engaging and approachable. Transparent with company goals and vision. Leaders mentor and leads from the ground up, position seems to be valued and appreciated regardless of your title and role. I was very nervous about moving into this industry and working for a smaller company however it...

Cons

Nektar is growing rapidly and has numerous high profile projects ongoing. Sometimes the communication does not keep up with the changing environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to put your teams and work environment first. I have personally witnessed individual employees who are toxic and unable to work in a team environment who are addressed by the leaders in quick manner. These actions set a crucial tone within the company that certain behavior and actions that lead to a negative work environment will not be tolerated regardless of your role. This definitely adds to employees...

Nektar Therapeutics2019-04-17

"This Company is run like a Romper Room"

Former Employee - Clinical Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Innovative pipeline - smart people, brilliant coworkers - lots of opportunity for growth - nice office, well funded - good PR

Cons

- disorganized management - org structure is all over the place - uncontrolled costs of running trials - These guys are the worst at executing global studies - Great science (maybe even the best) but not good at deploying and delivering to market - sometimes I felt like I was working alongside a bunch of jr. high schoolers who got really good grades and decided to put on lab coats and decided to pretend they...

Advice to Management

- hire more experience pharma industry professionals who have experience successfully bringing a product to market

Nektar Therapeutics2019-04-05

"It's an OK company"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is doing well and has a promising future. Potential for growth if you land in the right department. Great people to work with if you're there long enough. Recognition for job well done with bonus. Nice benefits. If you're in the right department you can thrive there but watch out if you end up in a department that has poor management.

Cons

High turnover of management and very little work life balance. I was hired under the impression that I had a stable career at Nektar. I turned down other offers for this job. A year later the entire team I supported as an admin left the company and so did I.

Advice to Management

Be more discerning with who you hire into upper management positions. High turnover with staff is never good for a company culture. HR could be handling these turnovers in a more professional manner as well.

Nektar Therapeutics2019-02-25
  4. "Benefits"

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Take care of employees

Cons

No con with the job

Nektar Therapeutics2018-12-24

"senior director"

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

overall cash compensation is good

Cons

high stress due to limited resource

Nektar Therapeutics2018-12-16

"Great company"

I worked at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The science is great with so much potential. The people are smart and good to work with. The leadership team works well together and focused on success for patients and company Good pay and benefits

Cons

There is a lot going on. Be comfortable working in a "fire drill" status

Advice to Management

You have a great approach, but realize that we can't keep running at 100mph all the time!

Nektar Therapeutics2018-11-08

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting place with lots of going on in the pipeline and collaborations with big pharma. Competitive pay, commuter benefits, convenient location, cafe, and supportive management and cross functional teams!

Cons

Small company growing fast. Growing comes with some pains but also opportunities!

Advice to Management

Process improvement .... overall organizationally and operationally! Need to have robust IT systems and tech support. It’s lacking behind when compared to other companies.

Nektar Therapeutics2018-10-05
  8. "great place, great people"

I worked at Nektar Therapeutics full-time

Pros

great place to work great coworkers

Cons

not enough food options in cafeteria

Nektar Therapeutics2018-03-13

"Compensation/Benefits"

I worked at Nektar Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Nektar has Excellent medical benefits and compensation package. After the move from San Carlos to San Francisco, the company provided Cal Train transportation and subsidized BART and company parking. A major plus for those of us who lived in the South Bay. 401k is also matched.

Cons

Office close to ATT Park and upcoming Warriors stadium results in HIGH traffic area.

Nektar Therapeutics2018-01-12
    • "Nektar"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Nektar Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Good Pay; Breakfast on Payday

Cons

Clannish type environment... Heard more than one person say they only kept the job because the pay was so good.

Nektar Therapeutics2018-01-03