Nektar Therapeutics "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Nektar Therapeutics Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 27, 2019

3.5
Nektar Therapeutics President, CEO, and Director Howard W. Robin (no image)
Howard W. Robin
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior Management is running this small Biotech as if it were a Pharma company(in 4 reviews)

• "The company provides flex time and work from home options for employees which offsets the hard work and commitment required to succeed(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Great company who is passionate about their mission/science as well as their employees"

Current Employee - Associate Director, Clinical Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nektar has a truly engaging work environment that promotes a work/life balance and cares about their employees. Leadership is engaging and approachable. Transparent with company goals and vision. Leaders mentor and leads from the ground up, position seems to be valued and appreciated regardless of your title and role. I was very nervous about moving into this industry and working for a smaller company however it has turned out to be the best decision I made. Only wish I had done it years ago.

Cons

Nektar is growing rapidly and has numerous high profile projects ongoing. Sometimes the communication does not keep up with the changing environment.

Nektar Therapeutics2019-04-17
  2. "GREAT place to work!"

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible hours with an overall emphasis on maintaining a good work/life balance. Very competitive pay and great benefits. Working on programs that are rewarding/life changing to the general public is beyond gratifying.

Cons

Need to afford more internal opportunity and value the expertise in house instead of hiring externally.

Nektar Therapeutics2017-08-17

"So glad I joined Nektar!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Nektar a year ago and this has been one of the best jobs I have had! I love my boss, the open door policy, flexible schedule/work from home day, work/life balance, and standard 1 on 1 meetings. It is a dynamic company where the employees are passionate about the innovations and products being developed. The CEO holds excellent "All Hands" meetings periodically and answers any and all questions. The talks are very inspiring and give great insight into our programs and performance. The openness, transparency and excitement about what Nektar is achieving is refreshing to see!

Cons

Because we have company wide and departmental objectives that need to be met, you need to come in prepared to work and contribute.

Nektar Therapeutics2016-09-09
  4. "Great company; caring management"

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many perks to working at Nektar. Working for this company is the first experience I have had with being treated like an adult in a workplace. Sure, that means that you have to fulfill your responsibilities, but you don’t have someone micro-managing your days. Management also listens to your concerns and works with you to arrive at solutions to issues. In my department, we are encouraged to create and achieve personal development goals. The environment is one of learning, even though you have other responsibilities. We are encouraged to learn new techniques or work on method development/validation, which helps build our skill sets, and keeps things fresh. Aside from good management, Nektar offers many benefits. There is a full benefits package for health/dental/vision insurance, EAP, 401k, etc. Every year, a benefits fair is held where you can meet the representatives from the various insurance providers in person and ask questions. Compensation is more than fair, and annual bonuses are awarded based on performance. A stock purchase plan is also offered. Paid time off exceeds what I have had with other employers, and employees are encouraged to use it for a work/life balance. On top of all that, other little perks are available, including free breakfast on pay days, Keurig coffee available in the break rooms, yoga sessions, and fresh fruit delivery every once in a while.

Cons

The laboratories at Nektar can be fast-paced. Deadlines can often be tight and can shift, so flexibility is required in your work. Due to shifting priorities, work days are sometimes stressful.

Nektar Therapeutics2016-01-14

"Feeling valued while doing important and challenging work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wow, I was surprised and saddened to read such negative reviews from the Huntsville facility. I wish those folks could transfer to SF--my experience has been uniformly positive at Nektar in SF. My management team continually expresses how much they value our department's contributions. I really enjoy coming to work; I have great colleagues and the work is challenging, interesting, and even fun at times. The pace is fast while at work, but my management completely supports work-life balance, unlike other companies I have worked for. Even the labs and building facilities are nice, being so new.

Cons

Benefits are good overall but 401k match is poor. It would be nice to have management support for additional benefits like charitable donation matching. There is a lack of transparency about pipeline development for employees outside of R&D, and how the company is doing as a whole.

Nektar Therapeutics2014-09-01
  6. "Associate"

I have been working at Nektar Therapeutics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work Culture and Work Life balance are great.

Cons

nothing much to say.

Nektar Therapeutics2019-11-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews