Nelson Stud Welding Reviews | Glassdoor

Nelson Stud Welding Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2018

Found 8 reviews

3.6
Nelson Stud Welding CEO Ken Caratelli  (no image)
Ken Caratelli
  1. "Glad I Made The Switch"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Nelson Stud Welding full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came here from Lincoln Electric and it is the best decision I have made in a while. It is a smaller company with high morale and excellent communication channels. The pay and benefits are descent and I feel like I can put my talents and abilities to use with room to grow and improve them. Work life balance is good and management seems to work well with the employees. The office areas have been completely redone... and the company is reinvesting a lot of money into the facility.

Cons

The only thing that I personally don't like is that this company uses AutoDesk Inventor. My personal opinion is that this software is garbage and not even close to comparable to SolidWorks/Solid Edge. More so of a personal preference than a con.

Advice to Management

Keep morale high, keep doing what you are doing. So far it seems to be going well.

Nelson Stud Welding2017-06-23
  2. "Nelson Stud welding - Pre-Stanley buyout"

I worked at Nelson Stud Welding full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule family feel well rounded business model (sell to multiple industries so they weather downturns pretty well)

Cons

Some confusion with buyout but sure this will be a temporary issue

Nelson Stud Welding2018-10-11
  3. "Busy Company to work with"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Elyria, OH

I worked at Nelson Stud Welding part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands on experiences lots of room for work

Cons

Older Company, lean manufacturing, not a big budget to work with.

Advice to Management

Have more communication within the company.

Nelson Stud Welding2018-07-12

"Nepotism at it's best!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Nelson Stud Welding full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was judged because of my appearance. A couple gentleman in warehouse, would say, "how are you, sir?", then laughter would follow. Looked high and low by counterparts, regarding my professional attire. A senior technician, put his middle finger in air, and commented "Black lives matter!". Director would ask people about their weekend, and bypass me, even though I was standing not even 3 feet away. When i was... told I was training, it happened, all the while, I would answer incoming phone calls, and process orders. Yelled at by Inside Sales lady. She had too much clout with Director, and things were done, because she would gripe about employees, and procedures, to him. I did not like how I had to tell her my personal information (Doctors notes/personal matters), and her title is INSIDE SALES REP. Very unprofessional. My former counterpart would complain about corporate, ALL THE TIME, and how people don't do their jobs, that's why he is ALWAYS having to help, and never get his job done. This place was such a DOWNER. It not only affected me, but my family. Front office would constantly talk about the main gentleman in the warehouse and made him out to be incompetent. Constant negativity would circulate that facility. There has to be some kind of intervention with corporate and how they run their operation.

Cons

This location is too CLICKED up. Someone from corporate MUST come in and really reevaluate this facility. If you challenged the director (in a professional manner, of course), he would get loud and he would listen to answer you, not listen to understand. It was VERY difficult to get these folks to even crack a smile. I did not realize how much positive energy they took from me. No employee should ever be yelled... at or made feel like they are nothing. That is how the older lady at Nelson made me feel. I should have reported everything I encountered there, but was truly scared they would retaliate. They would set rules regarding breaks, cell phone usage, etc, but when it came to them, THEY were always on their cell phones, and leaving whenever they chose. The lady at this facility, would immediately call dibs on vacation time, so that she can get the day approved, before the other employees with seniority would request it. I felt so bad for the Warehouse Manager, who has been there 25+ years, and can't even take 2 weeks off in a row. HORRIBLE!!!

Advice to Management

CORPORATE must evaluate this facility and step in, to truly see how clicked up they are. No one that enters will be good enough, and they have let go a handful of people, because they want everyone to 'get it', their way. It does not work like that. Nelson can thank their lucky stars I never sued for the comments, and way they treated me. At least there is this forum, in which I can voice, not only concerns, but... the things I experienced while being there. This is the most

Nelson Stud Welding2017-07-06
  5. "Nelson Stud"

I have been working at Nelson Stud Welding part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling, friendly staff and training for machinery/safety onsite

Cons

The building is filled with noisy machinery, there is only a drab corner sectioned off for quiet offices.

Nelson Stud Welding2015-06-23
  6. "You name it..."

I have been working at Nelson Stud Welding for more than 10 years

Pros

Family atmosphere, never a shortage of challenges

Cons

Upper management micro controls, abnormal merit increases, play favorites

Advice to Management

Hire A players, not the average guys

Nelson Stud Welding2015-05-07
  7. "Nothing but great"

I have been working at Nelson Stud Welding full-time for more than a year

Pros

By far best place I ever worked in. Benefits and 401K average but time off is best. I get what I need to work and management listen

Cons

Very large so bureaucracy take a long time to make changes

Advice to Management

Need some new blood in the higher ranks

Nelson Stud Welding2015-01-22

"Not happy."

I worked at Nelson Stud Welding full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't see any, but you can have the job for life if you are friend with the CEO

Cons

No training at all. You have to learn it yourself.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fair. They are not your slaves.

Nelson Stud Welding2014-09-09