NeoGenomics Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
NeoGenomics CEO Douglas M. VanOort
Douglas M. VanOort
  1. Featured Review

"A great company that truly cares about employees, clients and purpose!"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management truly cares about each employee and the company's purpose. NeoGenomics is a high-growth & fast-paced company, which makes it a really exciting place to work. This also means that many new positions are created which allows for advancement within the organization. I've experienced several opportunities for career growth & feel incredibly lucky to work for such a unique and caring company.

Cons

There are no cons- NeoGenomics is the best!

Advice to Management

Please continue what you are doing. We know you care about both the employees and the organization. Your hard work and strategic planning has driven our exponential growth. Thank you for all that you do!

NeoGenomics2019-07-17

August 6, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Together, we can save lives by improving patient care.

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Advancement friendly opportunities contacts training programs

Cons

Company growing fast can lead to issues

Advice to Management

Have your 1 on 1s

NeoGenomics2019-10-09

"BEST Lab to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Territory Business Manager

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

NeoGenomics is patient focused, aimed on growth and providing the latest in technology for cancer patients, clinicians and pathologists

Cons

None, I am blessed to be part of NeoGenomics family

NeoGenomics2019-07-17

July 17, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased that your experiences align with our goal of being a world-class company. We like the choice of your words like "family". We are continuously making investments in programs that promote an inclusive culture. Please continue to provide your feedback during NEO's weekly survey via TINYpulse.

"Quickly growing company"

Current Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast growing company with a competitive salary

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times

NeoGenomics2019-06-04

"Building World Class Teams"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The late Steve Jobs wrote in his autobiography: "Hire smart people; not to tell them what to do, but for them to tell you what to do". This couldn't be truer for NeoGenomics people and culture.

Cons

Growing bigger than the building can handle

NeoGenomics2019-03-28

May 10, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are excited to hear that Neo is meeting your expectations for a best place to work!

"Good Company to Work For...."

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super busy environment. Company is growing like crazy.

Cons

Not enough lab space.

Advice to Management

HR should have tougher policy.

NeoGenomics2019-03-26

"Progressive Company with a Purpose"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Neo is at the forefront of the industry and with that comes many innovative projects and opportunities for growth. An inclusive culture allows for input at any level to be heard and incorporated. Most importantly, a strong sense of commitment to each other and our patients pulls the company together and forward.

Cons

The pace of work can be fast at times but many prefer this over the plodding of less exciting company.

Advice to Management

Your presence and accessibility is unique to Neo - continue to engage at the 'grassroots' level.

NeoGenomics2019-03-27

"Someday Will Be A Best Places To Work Company"

Former Employee - Quality Systems Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly environment to work. Company has grown by leaps and bounds in the past 10 years. With over 25 years in the industry, this is the first company that takes what the employee says serious. Their number 1 goal is to build a culture of Quality. No doubt they will be a world leader.

Cons

Staffing shortage but so are most businesses in this line of work.

NeoGenomics2017-10-30
  9. "The Place for Innovation"

Current Employee - Logistics Project Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

NeoGenomics is a great place to work for individuals looking to learn, innovate, and share ideas. The company has changed so much in my 8 years its hard to even think back at where we once were with all the improvements and advances we have made as a company. From new tests to new processes to completely new platforms that are employee developed NeoGenomics is truly a dynamic machine in the healthcare industry.... The team is pretty close knit and everyone from entry level employee to officers and even board members are easily reachable and always welcome to discuss ideas, issues, or even just to catch up on current events in your life. From the ~90 employees NeoGenomics had when I started to the over 1,000 employees we have now have I don't find anyone to be less reachable than we were 8 years ago. Even our officers make time for one on one meetings if you have something you need to discuss, where else could you get that? NeoGenomics also provides a great benefit package and more than fair regional salary rates.

Cons

Like any company that grows large quickly you'll find growing pains here and there. Sometimes you need another full-time employee for a new task that takes a bit longer than you'd like to get approved, but that's the corporate world. NeoGenomics is not quite as "proactive" as I'd like, now that isn't saying the company is "reactive," the company balances the rope pretty equally, but operationally we could... improve greatly with a more proactive approach and thought process.

Advice to Management

Improve NeoGenomics' "Proactiveness"! Perhaps to not get hung up on "regionalizing" salaries and look at the work one does for the company rather than where they live. You are doing great and I'm 100% in on the direction of the company as far as I'm concerned you are continuing to steer this ship to bright skies like you have for years. I only see positive things in Neo's future.

NeoGenomics2017-06-27

October 10, 2017Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to read your passion for Neo and appreciation for what we’re doing internally for our employees and externally for our patients. As you stated, our rapid growth has positioned us to assume new and exciting opportunities which has required us all to rely on our Core Values of Innovation and Teamwork to continue to position Neo as an employer and vendor of choice. We say “thank you” to the Neo staff for embracing our Values and helping us to achieve this level of success. Please keep living out the Core Values and encouraging your peers to do the same. Sincerely, Your HR Team

"One of the best labs in the business"

Current Employee - Strategic Marketing Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work environment - Company is growing like crazy - Solid benefits and PTO - Companies rewards high performers - Work with very professional co-workers

Cons

- You are going to be VERY busy - Could do a better job of planning ahead

Advice to Management

Staff up because employees are carrying a heavy load

NeoGenomics2017-01-06

February 2, 2017Human Resources

Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback. We value and respect our employees and know they are the force behind our success. We love referrals, so send some our way and together we can “staff up”!

Found 10 reviews