NeoGenomics Reviews | Glassdoor

NeoGenomics CEO Douglas M. VanOort
Douglas M. VanOort

"the company is good"

Current Employee - Bioinformatics Scientist in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

good salary, benefit the company culture is good too.

Cons

there are no obvious cons in the company, many people are working for a long time

Advice to Management

keep good work

NeoGenomics2019-06-30

"Quickly growing company"

Current Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast growing company with a competitive salary

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times

NeoGenomics2019-06-04

"Exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Technologist in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome coworkers with positive attitudes makes it exciting to come to work everyday.

Cons

Management fails to recognize the hard work of the little people.

NeoGenomics2019-05-01

May 10, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We 100% agree with you that our employees are AWESOME! And YOU are one of those awesome employees, so THANK YOU! But it sounds like we have some work to do around inclusion - ensuring employees feel valued no matter what, no matter who- which is why one of our goals is Inclusion. Our goal is to demonstrate that we value our differences by intentionally fostering a culture of collaboration and inclusion through coaching, frequent team dialogue, open communication forums, and programs that reward and recognize teams for exceptional performances. We hope you’ll help us foster a culture of inclusion.

"It's a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Lots of knowledgeable staff and opportunities to learn. Great place to learn before finding somewhere to settle in long term.

Cons

Disconnect between employees and upper management. Middle management lacks formal training, professionalism and in some cases, morals. Favoritism isn't blatently obvious but impactful all the same. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, some departments have it but some dont. Benefits are lacking, the less than average amount of PTO you get is accrued slowly and you only have the minimum amount of sick days... required by law - use them or lose them. Healthcare premiums are overpriced, 401k is average at best and the company never closes. Someone's working on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and everyday in between. They expect a lot for the compensation.

Advice to Management

Some employees are too untrusting of tech to speak honestly via Tiny Pulse. Try putting out anonymous comment/suggestion boxes or letting employees rate their teammates/supervisor, It might give you a different perspective on how things actually are instead of how middle management says they are.

NeoGenomics2019-04-26

May 10, 2019Human Resources

We want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are really sorry that your experience at Neo does not match our intention of being a best place to work. We take all feedback serious and continuously look at how we can make existing programs better to address the needs, concerns of our employees. We want to help you in your career path at Neo which is why we have launched “NeoCareers” this year. This new program provides employees a dedicated career counselor to help him/her get to the next step in his/her career. Please reach out to HR@NeoGenomics.com if you would like to request an appointment with a career counselor. As well as, a 2019 Focus goal is “Voice of the Employees” where we encourage all employees to leverage the multiple communication platforms (confidential and open forums) to provide feedback. Stay tuned for a new program being rolled out where employees will have the opportunity to help us implement practical solutions to improve and build our company.

"Building World Class Teams"

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The late Steve Jobs wrote in his autobiography: "Hire smart people; not to tell them what to do, but for them to tell you what to do". This couldn't be truer for NeoGenomics people and culture.

Cons

Growing bigger than the building can handle

NeoGenomics2019-03-28

May 10, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are excited to hear that Neo is meeting your expectations for a best place to work!

"Good Company to Work For...."

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super busy environment. Company is growing like crazy.

Cons

Not enough lab space.

Advice to Management

HR should have tougher policy.

NeoGenomics2019-03-26

"Progressive Company with a Purpose"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Neo is at the forefront of the industry and with that comes many innovative projects and opportunities for growth. An inclusive culture allows for input at any level to be heard and incorporated. Most importantly, a strong sense of commitment to each other and our patients pulls the company together and forward.

Cons

The pace of work can be fast at times but many prefer this over the plodding of less exciting company.

Advice to Management

Your presence and accessibility is unique to Neo - continue to engage at the 'grassroots' level.

NeoGenomics2019-03-27

"Lots of opportunity for growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

NeoGenomics invests heavily in the development of its people both professionally and personally. There are many opportunities to participate in career development programs such as leadership training, formal mentoring, and job internships (in areas other than which you currently work). Personally, employees can also participate in programs that help them gain more confidence in areas like public speaking or find... purpose through community service activities.

Cons

The company is fast-paced and tends to operate lean, which can be stressful for some individuals. However, if you thrive in a dynamic environment, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employee growth programs. One of the best things about NEO is the ability to move into different roles within the organization due to the investments made in the workforce.

NeoGenomics2019-03-27

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Head of IT dev in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

You feel like you are part of a team that helps people

Cons

Since I recommend friends, cons are to trivial to mention

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

"Cutting edge company"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture Strong pipeline Partnerships with hospitals, pathologists and oncologists

Cons

Always competing with big box labs

Advice to Management

Need to hire additional internal resources to keep up with the volume of business

Found 136 reviews