NeoGenomics Reviews | Glassdoor

Douglas M. VanOort

"Culture, Quality, Patients!"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company culture, quality of testing, and patient care are of utmost importance to NeoGenomics.

Cons

Cons are few and far between.

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind .

NeoGenomics2019-03-26
  2. "Great company, constantly growing!"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

NeoGenomics has one of the best cultures I have ever experienced.

Cons

With the constant change and ever growing comes a workload that is hard to keep up with.

NeoGenomics2019-03-14
  3. "Neo, a company who values its employees."

Current Employee - Dedicated Professional in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Neo is a company who strives to give-back to its employees through recognition programs, training and development, career paths, events, annual bonus potential, and merit increases for those who work hard and live out the Core Values.

Cons

One needs to be open to change, collaboration, and teamwork. If that's not you, then you won't be successful at Neo.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and keep the annual bonus a top priority. I love it and count on it - thank you!

NeoGenomics2019-03-14

"Growing too fast. Feel undervalued."

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay. Tuition reimbursement. Stock Options. 401k. Helping cancer patients.

Cons

Feeling undervalued, never shown appreciation from leads or supervisors. Keeping new employees past their 90 days that aren't fit for the job in order to fill a headcount, but then come to the ones who know what they're doing and ask why a task isn't complete. After 3 years, I found out the base pay of my previous position went up, and now after 3 years, I make the same amount as someone just starting out.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees. Don't just come to them with problems, or with only what they did wrong. Everyone can see through any type of "morale booster get together" as a way of saying, 'I don't know how to show gratitude for your work, so here's some food as a half-hearted way of trying to make you forget." I cannot count the number of times I've spent hours on a project, and I was notified of the one... error I committed (non-patient related).

NeoGenomics2019-02-20

"IT member for over 2 years"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid infrastructure built by core IT group. Growth and opportunities abound. Seems no shortage of money or fear of spending it to make the best infrastructure from servers to networks to databases. The lights are always on across an international distributed lab system. Things work so well and are so stable the business is spoiled. They don't know what it is to lose services around here because everything... always works. Kudos! Employees are appreciated at multiple levels stating at the top. Many programs are available to help employees. Most departments run well considering the growth and high volumes but not without normal stress related issues. Regardless, some will not thrive just because the company is growing so fast.

Cons

Supersonic growth is stressing ability to keep up without staffing up. Normal company growing pains trying to hold onto original culture so an evolving culture is needed.

Advice to Management

The company is growing and now is the time to empower middle managers with more control, with oversight of course. Older reliable software systems might be at a breaking point or at least potentially hold back growth without excessive effort and time. Newer modular software designs managed by an overall architect model is needed rather than just gluing on more appendages. Time for more Project managers, something... a smaller company did not need.

NeoGenomics2018-12-18

NeoGenomics Response

February 11, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Neo's growth is explosive which is creating many opportunities for us all - employees, clients, and our patients. We strongly encourage all our employees to provide suggestions for improvement and innovation directly to their manager during their NeoConnections. It sounds like you have a lot of good ideas, we hope you are sharing them so we can continue to improve and grow.

"We were bought out, but ok."

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Good benefits, friendly employees, nice lab.

Cons

Night shift is rough and procedures are slow to change. You may have overtime. Tues-Sat isn't ideal.

Advice to Management

Being both professional and personable is appreciated.

NeoGenomics2018-12-14

"Billing department was very unorganized"

Former Employee - Revenue Cycle Management in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Early work hours was convenient

Cons

Too much gossip in the billing department

NeoGenomics2018-11-06

"Excellent Lab to Work For"

Current Employee - Histotechnician II in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open lines of communication between staff and management; great leads & supervisors; lots of OT available; solid benefit package; Christmas bonuses based on performance; employee stock-purchase program; in-house CLS training program; excellent coworkers with years of experience; clean environment.

Cons

Not as much room to grow/learn new skills as compared with smaller labs; high volume can be stressful for some.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting from within, and keep doing what you're already doing! Kudos to you all.

NeoGenomics2018-09-23

"Lab Assistant"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and there is a lot of room for improvement.

Cons

There is nothing to complain about.

NeoGenomics2018-09-11

"FISH CLS"

Former Employee - FISH CLS in Aliso, CA

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of work available. Plenty of overtime.

Cons

Archaic system of management. You won’t move up anytime soon. Kinda feel exploited based on how low of pay they start everyone.

Advice to Management

Read new books on tribal/ community leadership.

NeoGenomics2018-09-19