NeoGenomics Reviews | Glassdoor

NeoGenomics CEO Douglas M. VanOort
Douglas M. VanOort
  1. "Lab assistant"

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Emphasis in communication with employees

Cons

After company change, difficulty in finding brand identity and culture

NeoGenomics2018-09-24

"Great culture and people"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company has an amazing, collaborative, inclusive culture. The people here love their jobs, love being here, and encourage teamwork.

Cons

There are no cons to working here!

NeoGenomics2018-09-06

February 11, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Neo has a world-class culture, because employees, like you, who are committed to living out our Core Values - Quality, Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation. Thank you for being a brand ambassador for Neo.

3. "i love to work at neo family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is well known company it is growing fast NEO recognize people even they do not have experience they happened to me I was looking for work in lab last 3 years but I am from India so I didn`t have work history here so wherever I applied they take interview and refuse me to take because I didn`t have any experience in USA I was so worried I thought I never ever able to work in USA but finally neo hired me and... recognize me, now it has been 2 years with this company I am keep growing with company. I don`t have any word to say thank s to NEO it become life saver for people like me whose from third word country.

Cons

I don`t see any cons right now.

NeoGenomics2018-09-08

February 11, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your sharing your story with us!

"Finance"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Strong leadership. Clear vision.

Cons

Challenging business with reimbursement pressures constant.

NeoGenomics2018-08-21

"Amazing culture at a fast-growing company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Growth! Culture! Benefits! I love working at Neo. My team is awesome and I like the use of TINYpulse to get feedback from the employees.

Cons

Such rapid growth, some areas are running out of space.

NeoGenomics2018-08-03

August 6, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. It's always great to learn about our team, your peers, living out our Core Value of Teamwork! We all spend so much time at work, it's even better when we enjoy working with our peers. Please keep giving us your feedback via TINYpulse, as it is helping us to understand the employee experience and improve our workplace for the better.

"Great place to be if you want to sit in a corner"

Former Employee - Fish Technologist in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay's alright, but don't expect a raise ever.

Cons

Never promoted, never given advancement or opportunity to advance, always pushing productivity. MAnagement was very lackidasical. She had very little drive to improve anyone even herself.

Advice to Management

Don't ignore employee's problems. Do something about it. Reward those that sacrifice

NeoGenomics2018-07-18

August 6, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you had expected but we wish you the best in your career.

"Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Tech I, FISH in North Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*GROWTH! *Great benefits! *Up to 5% employer match on 401k. *Lab week here at NEO is the absolute best! *They encourage higher learning by investing in their employees by paying 100% of tuition cost, which is unheard of. *Overall, the FISH management team is great. Employees are treated fairly and equally. *Tiny Pulse! an excellent way to voice our concerns candidly, but most importantly, anonymously.

Cons

*The company is growing and at a rapid rate but the building's square footage is not…. We need more space, desperately!!! *Staffing is sometimes an issue especially near holidays when the case volume becomes impossible to keep up with. *A standardized method for promoting Technologist (I, II, III) is needed. Currently this is very subjective and it shouldn't be.

Advice to Management

*push for more lab space! *keep doing what you're doing :)

NeoGenomics2018-07-02

July 2, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing some of the reasons why you feel Neo is such an employee friendly company - 401k Match, Lab Week, Tuition Reimbursement, Management Team, & TINYpulse Engage and Perform platforms. The list could really go on and on…….. In regard to your feedback around “a standardized method for promoting Technologist”, I'm pleased to share the Neo leadership team will be rolling out Clinical - Talent Success Profiles this year which will do just that - standardize how we communicate, measure and promote career development and growth. It will be an employee led tool to help guide you, the employee, through your Technologist career path in partnership with your manager.

"Best around!"

Current Employee - Laboratory Assistant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NeoGenomics is a growing company that is exceeding in the market. Everything is going great. Great locations, great benefits, great employees, stock is almost $14. Makes me confident as an employee that I'm secure.

Cons

Parking can be hard during peak hours.

Advice to Management

There's no pleasing all employees. Some employees are bound to leave for various reasons. Those who stay know that the hard work is working towards a great goal.

NeoGenomics2018-06-21

July 30, 2018Human Resources

We appreciate your perspective and value your feedback, so thank you for making time to share it with us. It's because of the hard work and dedication of our staff, employees like yourself, that Neo is excelling so quickly. Keep up the hard work!

"They hire a lot of temps and for good reason. They can't keep people in the door. Understaffed is an understatement.."

Former Employee - Revenue Cycle Management in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a paycheck and experience of what type of company to never work for again.

Cons

Little to no advancement opportunities because they are so understaffed and the few special chosen ones that are team leads are fools on a power trip. From the low pay/low raises to the rude and disorganized management staff, this place is a disaster.

Advice to Management

Clean house!! The billing office management and team leads need to go. No amount of retraining can fix that hot mess. Retrain AV to actually be useful and contribute to the company instead of making everyone in FTM do 90% of the company’s workload. Management talks to and treats us like children and I always feel like no matter how much you do, no matter how hard you work, it is never enough. They don’t seem to... care about anything except numbers but when employees comment about how they only care about numbers they throw it back in your face. “You double check your hours and pay weekly right? Well then all you care about is numbers too.” No matter what you do you don’t win and you are basically just a warm body filling a seat. Also, just ask anyone and I mean ANYONE in Fort Myers and they will tell you the 2 billing locations are not treated equally. The AV location can barely manage to turn the computer on by themselves but are treated like kings. This company has potential to be an amazing company to work for (and I mean truly amazing) but with they way things are being done now it will never achieve that status. That’s the worst part of all of it, is knowing you work somewhere that has the potential to be great and you get to watch it be held back. HR should really pay attention when employees complain about things and not just brush it under the rug. Take a look back at some of the previous reviews and you will start to see a few trends. Like verbal abuse by management and their favorites, lack of benefits, low pay, sorry excuse for vacation and nonexistent advancement.

NeoGenomics2018-07-15

July 30, 2018Human Resources

We are sorry to hear to about your experience. We have shared your feedback with the Billing Management team.

"Really great company"

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics part-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic work environment, diverse staff, tuition reimbursement for full time staff

Cons

No cons I've seen so far really!

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

NeoGenomics2018-06-03