NeoGenomics "company is growing" Reviews | Glassdoor

NeoGenomics Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Oct 9, 2019

4.2
NeoGenomics CEO Douglas M. VanOort
Douglas M. VanOort
Pros
  • "What I appreciate most about Neo is that I feel my voice is heard(in 11 reviews)

• "This company is growing by leaps and bounds(in 10 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Advancement friendly opportunities contacts training programs

Cons

Company growing fast can lead to issues

Advice to Management

Have your 1 on 1s

NeoGenomics2019-10-09

"Gender bias is the norm"

Current Employee - Healthcare in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees are dedicated their work and the company is growing

Cons

Praise to the brave sister who wrote the review "female will not go far". Everything she said is true. It is the everyday life of many women who work at Neogenomics. #MeToo Women are systematically undervalued at the company. There are not many women in the upper tiers or middle management. The few women that do get promoted have men constantly undermining their authority. If an opening or new position is... created, it is usually filled quickly by a man without the job getting posted. But if the best person for the job is a woman, and everyone agrees the woman is best person for the job, the job gets posted and the woman has to apply for the job and get interviewed like every other stranger off the street. In circumstances where a man might be considered “assertive, confident, passionate, proactive”, a woman will be labeled as “aggressive, emotional, irrational”. Gendered language is consistently used to keep women in their place and to encourage them to be “more lady-like” or submissive. It is easier to climb over a submissive woman. Men make a career at Neogenomics of taking credit for women’s work. Why? Because they can! The company makes it so easy for them. No one ever seems to call them out. Part of the problem with unconscious gender bias - it's unconscious. People assume that once you reach a certain level of education in a scientific field that there will be "intellectual objectivity". That they are above it. That they are blind to gender. But I have heard women at Neogenomics with MD's and PhD's complaining that their bosses treat them like secretaries. So what hope is there for the rest of us. I have no faith that anyone at Neogenomics will address this problem without blaming the victim or over-reacting. Hey guys, don't get emotional.

Advice to Management

The first step to change is admitting you have a problem

NeoGenomics2019-09-11

September 13, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are disheartened to hear about your experiences at NeoGenomics. We deeply value our employees and we are committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our core value of integrity includes that we are professional and honest in our relationships and treat one another with fairness and respect. Neo takes any and all claims of “bias” seriously and we would encourage you to reach out to the HR department. We want to address your concerns immediately.

"Quickly growing company"

Current Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast growing company with a competitive salary

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times

NeoGenomics2019-06-04

"Good Company to Work For...."

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super busy environment. Company is growing like crazy.

Cons

Not enough lab space.

Advice to Management

HR should have tougher policy.

NeoGenomics2019-03-26
  5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Pathologist in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Growing company that balances providing exceptional patient care along with employee satisfaction, innovation and teamwork.

Cons

Volume growth may outpace hiring at times, but is good problem to have.

NeoGenomics2019-03-21

March 24, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and tenure with us!

"NEO is a Great Company"

Current Employee - Administrative in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management really cares about its employees, and about patient care. Employees believe in the company Values and are passionate about customers and patients. I love working at NEO.

Cons

The company is growing very fast and the environment is fast paced.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus on your great employees.

NeoGenomics2019-03-18
  7. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Specialist in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am learning new things everyday, great team members that are always very helpful, great benefits

Cons

Parking space and Office Space. Its good and bad but that just means the company is growing which is good.

NeoGenomics2019-03-19

"IT member for over 2 years"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid infrastructure built by core IT group. Growth and opportunities abound. Seems no shortage of money or fear of spending it to make the best infrastructure from servers to networks to databases. The lights are always on across an international distributed lab system. Things work so well and are so stable the business is spoiled. They don't know what it is to lose services around here because everything... always works. Kudos! Employees are appreciated at multiple levels stating at the top. Many programs are available to help employees. Most departments run well considering the growth and high volumes but not without normal stress related issues. Regardless, some will not thrive just because the company is growing so fast.

Cons

Supersonic growth is stressing ability to keep up without staffing up. Normal company growing pains trying to hold onto original culture so an evolving culture is needed.

Advice to Management

The company is growing and now is the time to empower middle managers with more control, with oversight of course. Older reliable software systems might be at a breaking point or at least potentially hold back growth without excessive effort and time. Newer modular software designs managed by an overall architect model is needed rather than just gluing on more appendages. Time for more Project managers, something... a smaller company did not need.

NeoGenomics2018-12-18

February 11, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Neo's growth is explosive which is creating many opportunities for us all - employees, clients, and our patients. We strongly encourage all our employees to provide suggestions for improvement and innovation directly to their manager during their NeoConnections. It sounds like you have a lot of good ideas, we hope you are sharing them so we can continue to improve and grow.

"Innovative fast-paced Company with an amazing employee culture"

Current Employee - Director in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Neo's senior management team are some of the top laboratory industry leaders in the world that were hand picked to lead the most innovated cancer diagnostic testing laboratories in the world. The HR team and NEO has done an excellent job trying to create a world class culture for our employees and customers. Neo has been very supportive of upward mobility and listening to their employees. This company is growing by... leaps and bounds! New jobs are created on the daily. Now is the time to get in and come along for the journey. Neo is a company you want to see yourself growing with and contributing to the overall success.

Cons

This is not really a con, but a heads up. Because the company is growing so fast it can be a challenge to keep up with the changes, but Neo tries their best to be strategic and flexible. If you thrive off of being involved with a face-paced company that is able to turn around deliverables faster then almost anyone in the industry and reap the rewards, then this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees as they are the ones that have the best ideas on the front-line. Continue to never sacrifice quality and superior customer service. You have been doing an awesome job with trying to create a dynamic employee culture, please keep it up! Lastly, the employee perks are definitely ones that are not seen anymore in companies. Continue to stand out and WOW the employees as they are... your solid foundation to the overall company success.

NeoGenomics2018-02-28

March 2, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for the detailed and heartfelt recommendation! We are pleased to hear that you are experiencing what we strive to offer our employees. We know talent has a choice which is why we promise to provide our employees with a purpose driven career in which they have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work they perform for our clients and their patients. Together, we will become the world’s leading cancer reference laboratory.

10. "Professionals focused on patient care"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Staff "centered" on doing the right thing for the patient

Cons

Busy; must stay focused and clearly communicate needs as company is growing

Advice to Management

Continue to hold leadership accountability for results

NeoGenomics2017-04-19