NeoGenomics "neo" Reviews | Glassdoor

NeoGenomics Employee Reviews about "neo"

Updated Oct 9, 2019

Found 136 reviews

4.2
NeoGenomics CEO Douglas M. VanOort
Douglas M. VanOort
Pros
  • "What I appreciate most about Neo is that I feel my voice is heard(in 11 reviews)

• "This company is growing by leaps and bounds(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "neo"

Return to all Reviews

"Progressive Company with a Purpose"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Neo is at the forefront of the industry and with that comes many innovative projects and opportunities for growth. An inclusive culture allows for input at any level to be heard and incorporated. Most importantly, a strong sense of commitment to each other and our patients pulls the company together and forward.

Cons

The pace of work can be fast at times but many prefer this over the plodding of less exciting company.

Advice to Management

Your presence and accessibility is unique to Neo - continue to engage at the 'grassroots' level.

NeoGenomics2019-03-27

"Phenomenal company with a soul"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Sales

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at several diagnostic labs in the industry and NeoGenomics' culture stands out above the rest. From the CEO to the technologists, we share the common value of putting patient care first. The positive energy is palpable--it gives this workplace a heart and soul.

Cons

Neo moves fast and if you are not excited by the vision and direction of the company, working here will feel like you have set the treadmill to a rate you can not keep up with.

NeoGenomics2019-03-27

May 10, 2019Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We are so fortunate to have leaders, like you, who are passionate about Neo.

"NEO is a Great Company"

Current Employee - Administrative in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management really cares about its employees, and about patient care. Employees believe in the company Values and are passionate about customers and patients. I love working at NEO.

Cons

The company is growing very fast and the environment is fast paced.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus on your great employees.

NeoGenomics2019-03-18
  4. "Best Lab Week ever!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel valued not just as an employee for the work I do, but as a real person. We have recognition awards called "Kudos Points" that you can redeem for gift cards. Lab week is off the hook! We have catered food, games and costume contests all week to celebrate. I'm excited for lab week next month. What I appreciate most about Neo is that I feel my voice is heard. We have weekly survey questions. Also when I make... suggestions, the business is open to new and innovative ideas. We are flexible to make adjustments quickly, unlike some typical large companies. There is a small company feel - of being heard and being able to implement ideas - while having all the benefits and resources of a large company. A huge focus of our culture is based on innovation and collaboration. There are outlined development plans so you can see what is needed to advance to the next level too. I can see myself really grow within the company. Plus, Aliso Viejo is a beautiful city to work in! Other pros: 3 weeks vacation for new employees Annual department performance bonuses $6k annual tuition reimbursement! 401k company match Several benefit plans to pick from FSA & Dependent care FSA Stock purchase plan

Cons

Parking can be full during peak days

NeoGenomics2019-03-15
  5. "Neo, a company who values its employees."

Current Employee - Dedicated Professional in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Neo is a company who strives to give-back to its employees through recognition programs, training and development, career paths, events, annual bonus potential, and merit increases for those who work hard and live out the Core Values.

Cons

One needs to be open to change, collaboration, and teamwork. If that's not you, then you won't be successful at Neo.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and keep the annual bonus a top priority. I love it and count on it - thank you!

NeoGenomics2019-03-14
  6. "i love to work at neo family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is well known company it is growing fast NEO recognize people even they do not have experience they happened to me I was looking for work in lab last 3 years but I am from India so I didn`t have work history here so wherever I applied they take interview and refuse me to take because I didn`t have any experience in USA I was so worried I thought I never ever able to work in USA but finally neo hired me and... recognize me, now it has been 2 years with this company I am keep growing with company. I don`t have any word to say thank s to NEO it become life saver for people like me whose from third word country.

Cons

I don`t see any cons right now.

NeoGenomics2018-09-08

February 11, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your sharing your story with us!

"Amazing culture at a fast-growing company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Growth! Culture! Benefits! I love working at Neo. My team is awesome and I like the use of TINYpulse to get feedback from the employees.

Cons

Such rapid growth, some areas are running out of space.

NeoGenomics2018-08-03

August 6, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. It's always great to learn about our team, your peers, living out our Core Value of Teamwork! We all spend so much time at work, it's even better when we enjoy working with our peers. Please keep giving us your feedback via TINYpulse, as it is helping us to understand the employee experience and improve our workplace for the better.

"Innovative fast-paced Company with an amazing employee culture"

Current Employee - Director in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Neo's senior management team are some of the top laboratory industry leaders in the world that were hand picked to lead the most innovated cancer diagnostic testing laboratories in the world. The HR team and NEO has done an excellent job trying to create a world class culture for our employees and customers. Neo has been very supportive of upward mobility and listening to their employees. This company is growing by... leaps and bounds! New jobs are created on the daily. Now is the time to get in and come along for the journey. Neo is a company you want to see yourself growing with and contributing to the overall success.

Cons

This is not really a con, but a heads up. Because the company is growing so fast it can be a challenge to keep up with the changes, but Neo tries their best to be strategic and flexible. If you thrive off of being involved with a face-paced company that is able to turn around deliverables faster then almost anyone in the industry and reap the rewards, then this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees as they are the ones that have the best ideas on the front-line. Continue to never sacrifice quality and superior customer service. You have been doing an awesome job with trying to create a dynamic employee culture, please keep it up! Lastly, the employee perks are definitely ones that are not seen anymore in companies. Continue to stand out and WOW the employees as they are... your solid foundation to the overall company success.

NeoGenomics2018-02-28

March 2, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for the detailed and heartfelt recommendation! We are pleased to hear that you are experiencing what we strive to offer our employees. We know talent has a choice which is why we promise to provide our employees with a purpose driven career in which they have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work they perform for our clients and their patients. Together, we will become the world’s leading cancer reference laboratory.

9. "Refreshingly Different!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Neo keeps you informed of the companies goals and how they relate to you as an employee. It's not unusual for the CEO or the CFO to show up at your desk to say hello and ask how its going. Neo is very client and employee focused. Neo responds to clients and to employees very quickly. There is a continuous quest for internal improvement in every area and employee opinions are sought by management.

Cons

The onslaught of so much information, while wonderful, can also be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Maintain your standards and your goals. It works!

NeoGenomics2017-06-28

October 10, 2017Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing that you find Neo "refreshingly different"! Please continue to share your ideas for improvement via TINYpulse. Thank you, Your HR Team

"Overall great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunity for growth for those employees that go above and beyond and contribute to the better of all of NeoGenomics! In general, the executive team really does care about their employees who want to help Neo succeed.

Cons

Environment can be stressful when reimbursement cuts are on the rise, putting an emphasis on cost cutting. Not for the faint of heart or those who are sensitive to taking on extra work.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and continue to value their feedback!

NeoGenomics2017-02-16