NeoGenomics "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

NeoGenomics Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 9 Oct 2019

4.2
NeoGenomics CEO Douglas M. VanOort
Douglas M. VanOort
Pros
  • "What I appreciate most about Neo is that I feel my voice is heard(in 11 reviews)

• "This company is growing by leaps and bounds(in 10 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Decent company to work for but hard to keep hard working employees because of the atmosphere of the company"

I worked at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of company activities and events Learn to do everything Lots of overtime Bonus at the end of the year based on dept goals

Cons

Upper management can interfere with work Overwork their employees as if we are a non-stop factory No gratitude from managers - diversity in the department is horrible Lots of people leave neogenomics for the same reasons but HR doesn’t seem to care or do anything

Advice to Management

Treat each and every employee fairly, speak English to everyone and please do not put drama before patient lives

NeoGenomics2019-09-21

"It's a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Lots of knowledgeable staff and opportunities to learn. Great place to learn before finding somewhere to settle in long term.

Cons

Disconnect between employees and upper management. Middle management lacks formal training, professionalism and in some cases, morals. Favoritism isn't blatently obvious but impactful all the same. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement, some departments have it but some dont. Benefits are lacking, the less than average amount of PTO you get is accrued slowly and you only have the minimum amount of sick days... required by law - use them or lose them. Healthcare premiums are overpriced, 401k is average at best and the company never closes. Someone's working on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and everyday in between. They expect a lot for the compensation.

Advice to Management

Some employees are too untrusting of tech to speak honestly via Tiny Pulse. Try putting out anonymous comment/suggestion boxes or letting employees rate their teammates/supervisor, It might give you a different perspective on how things actually are instead of how middle management says they are.

NeoGenomics2019-04-26

May 10, 2019Human Resources

We want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are really sorry that your experience at Neo does not match our intention of being a best place to work. We take all feedback serious and continuously look at how we can make existing programs better to address the needs, concerns of our employees. We want to help you in your career path at Neo which is why we have launched “NeoCareers” this year. This new program provides employees a dedicated career counselor to help him/her get to the next step in his/her career. Please reach out to HR@NeoGenomics.com if you would like to request an appointment with a career counselor. As well as, a 2019 Focus goal is “Voice of the Employees” where we encourage all employees to leverage the multiple communication platforms (confidential and open forums) to provide feedback. Stay tuned for a new program being rolled out where employees will have the opportunity to help us implement practical solutions to improve and build our company.

"The good and the ugly"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

- The company is truly dedicated to patient care and quality. - Outstanding pool of talented and dedicated people at all levels and all departments.

Cons

- The most troublesome is despite "zero tolerance" for harassment in company's documents, the upper management does tolerate verbal abuse and bullying, especially of certain people! - Human resources department is dismal! Although they have "human" in their name, they have no clue how to deal with people and it starts right from the top! - Vacation is shorter than the industry standards and on an accrual basis!

Advice to Management

Stop tolerating verbal abuse and bullying! Give people more vacation.

NeoGenomics2018-02-28

March 5, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are disappointed to hear about some of your concerns but would like to specifically address your harassment statement. We are committed to creating a comfortable and safe environment for all our employees and do not tolerate bullying, verbal abuse, or any other type of harassment for that matter. We take a consistent approach to any disciplinary action if and when needed after a thorough investigation. We have several outlets for reporting harassment, and we educate our employees annually on how they can report any such incident(s). If you are experiencing harassment or are a witness to harassment, then we highly encourage you to report your concerns through one of our internal reporting options.

4. "VP Sales"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Innovative, Integrity, upper management, teamwork, values

Cons

integration, stiff competition, corporate, inefficiencies, long days

NeoGenomics2017-03-08

"Good company, can improve"

Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is people-minded, upper management wants to get better, people are paid and treated fairly.

Cons

some supervisors don't know how to manage people or their own peers

Advice to Management

Train supervisors to be leaders, not just managers

NeoGenomics2016-12-29

February 2, 2017Human Resources

We've heard employee feedback and as a result a 2017 Critical Success Factor is to "Invest in Employee Growth!" We will be providing skill-based training and education for ALL employees, as well as training and mentoring our Supervisors and Managers to be better leaders. This is how we continue to grow as a team and a company.

"Unethical Practices"

I have been working at NeoGenomics full-time

Pros

Some really great people work here. Upper management is positive about future.

Cons

There's some very unethical practices happening here, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some lawsuits/company shutdown. Benefits are really lacking compared to competitors. Upper management/HR is all talk no action.

Advice to Management

Scrutinize your practices and make changes, fast. Don't create expectations/promises that you're not going to follow through on. You're causing more harm than good.

NeoGenomics2016-11-16

November 17, 2016Human Resources

Yes, we have great people at NeoGenomics! We are working hard to build a world-class team and as a result, we get outstanding dedication and results from our people which is demonstrated in our latest 3rd quarter earnings results. Our future is bright! At NeoGenomics, we know that our reputation is one of our most important assets. We are dedicated to maintaining an outstanding compliance program and we hold ourselves to the highest legal, ethical and performance standards. We always strive to do the right thing for our employees, our clients, and our shareholders. Each of our employees at NeoGenomics are responsible to be proactive to protect our Company and if any employee feels there are areas of improvement or concern then it’s their duty as good corporate citizen to bring those concerns to our attention through the various reporting mechanics available, such as through our open door policy or anonymous Compliance reporting hotline. As an integral member of the NeoGenomics team, the dedication from our employees in living our Company Values and promoting and adhering to our Company’s compliance program is critical to our continued success. VP, Chief Culture Officer

"Fast moving company with great job advancement"

I have been working at NeoGenomics

Pros

I've work at NeoGenomics over 5 years and I'm dedicated to this company. NeoGenomics is a very fast moving company that is making huge advancements in our specialties. They reward those individuals that work hard and follow the companies values. They do a great job of encouraging personnel to learn new skills, take seminars and provide educational reimbursements. NeoGenomics does a great job of promoting... individuals from within that do go above and beyond, they support employee growth. In the recent years they have done a great job of trying to get more employee engagement with new surveys and a new employee review process.

Cons

When promoted or reviewed for merit increases, the percentage of salary increase is not very high. Expect 10% as the highest for a promotion and the average for a merit increase is 2-3%, if you get one at all. Upper management is all Men; very few women have been allowed to climb the ladder to upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen to every side of the story. Please don't just trust one persons word; gather information from both sides of the situation. Also, communicate down more frequently. You provide information to directors or managers and expect them to transfer that knowledge down, but that doesn't always happen. Recognize and acknowledge the lack of women in upper management. Encourage and promote female workers just as much... as men.

NeoGenomics2016-07-05
  8. "Nice place to work"

I worked at NeoGenomics

Pros

Nice people to wok with, great company mission

Cons

Some upper management don't understand the value of company loyalty

NeoGenomics2015-12-04