NeoLife Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Kendra Brassfield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great palce to learn and make an impact"

Current Employee - Vice President of Technology in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Technology in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At NeoLife you will have multiple opportunities to work with a broad network of teams and reach customers around the world. NeoLife is a mission driven company that prioritizes personal transformation and success.

Cons

NeoLife is going through a cultural transformation and despite being in business for almost 60 years the teams can feel like a group of startups. There is plenty of cross team support and many people bridge multiple teams but this can feel unstructured especially for people seeing NeoLife as an "old company". My advice is to developer a strong set of personal goals and seek opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would personally love to see more outreach in the form of hosting Meetups and offering developer training (for non developers as well), but this would only be to expand on the already great community outreach and team building efforts.

"Incredible company with supportive management and welcoming employee culture"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never been so excited to work for an organization. This company REALLY cares about people and having a purpose. They are on a mission to make the world a better place, a happier and healthier place. Not only are their cultural values inspiring, the employees are all so nice! I immediately felt so welcome and appreciated here. The CEO is completely down to earth and so encouraging. The management here is VERY invested in people and in developing as a team, not just making a profit. Instead of focusing on just results, they care about helping us grow and learn. The entire experience of working here is just incredible.

One of the huge benefits of working here that I'm just thankful for every day is that they make their nutritional supplements freely available at work! Not only are they committed and passionate about selling quality products, but they make sure their employees are able to take full advantage of them too. I've struggled with a ton of health problems and working here has definitely helped with them. It's cool to see how the typical employee here raves about the products just as much as the sales team. It's not just hype.

This company has been around for 58 years and is really big globally. They're not well-known in North America yet so they're just begun to focus on expansion here, and they are about to go through a huge expansion in this market. This means they are very unique in that not only do they have those decades of stability, but their expansion means there are also some big career opportunities here.

Did I mention I'm super excited to be working here?

Cons

Beware, you might catch the vision. It's possible that you may fall in love with your job and become so passionate that you can't pull yourself away.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing.

"I love being part of this amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time

Pros

It has been such a blessing and privilege to be part of this amazing company! I can not thank my manager enough for all the support and positive attitude. I love the mission and what we all work here for. I could never ask for more.

Cons

Wish some employees here could focus on the positive things that we have in this company rather then picking on small matters that can be resolved easily.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating this peaceful and family oriented space for all of us!

4. "You Have to Work Hard"

Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NeoLife (More than 8 years)

Pros

You Can Make a Lot of Money

Cons

You have to work all the time..commission

Advice to Management

Lower Prices..easier to sell

NeoLife Response

Jan 20, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Hello there. Thank you for your review. However, we don't have any employee positions with commissions based pay. You may be writing as an Independent Distributor of NeoLife products or alternatively... More

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere and people at NeoLife are awesome. Everyone has each others best interest in mind and employees are recognized for a job well done. Health Benefits beat most others I have seen. This is a place where your ideas will be heard and you can be passionate about the work you are doing because NeoLife's Nutrition products help so many people all over the world. Perks like free supplements and snacks. My health has improved a lot since being on the products. I lost 30lbs and have been able to keep it off through our weight management program. Lots of fun at employee events like our summer party where there is corn hole, flip cup, and other fun games. Fast paced environment - high quality work is expected and also rewarded. It really feels like a family.

Cons

Sometimes the work load can be tough. They definitely expect everyone to put in 100% and deliver consistently. Good thing is that there isnt anyone who asks this of you without doing it themselves.

Advice to Management

I don't find this to be the case personally but notice that there are some people who are too timid to voice their opinions so it would be good if you could communicate more often how much you value new and innovative ideas. I know that you do based on feedback I get.

"Feels like home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

NeoLife is a fun and great place to work. People are genuinely nice and upper level management is very approachable and easy to talk to. The company cares greatly about their employees' health and wellness offering complimentary nutritional supplements in the kitchen, fresh fruits everyday, a weekly fitness class, and low premium health care benefits. I've been enjoying my time at NeoLife, it feels like home.

Cons

So far, there has not been any downside working at NeoLife

"New Energy at NeoLife"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NeoLife has a warm family led culture. Friendly staff and approachable management.
    There are new and exciting opportunities as the brand and all processes are being refreshed.

Cons

None really. I know the culture and it's very workable. We're helping people with their health and lifestyle.

8. "Environment Keeps my Ideas flowing"

Current Employee - Mobile in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Mobile in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

previously coming from a fortune 500 fruit company to Neolife I can say the environment here is amazing. No jerks and open to creative ideas. The management team love their jobs and it shows. The technology team is ramping up to create next level products and features. The future look bright with NeoLife

Cons

The relaxed environment can at time make you feel like no work is needed but if you keep a proactive mindset you have the opportunity to create meaningfull and rewarding work.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to moving forward. Not too much of looking like others but to build new and innovative things.

9. "International"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

GNLD is a wonderful company to work for. The health benefits are great and not just because we are taking our vitamins every day! We have an opportunity to be very healthy and enjoy work at the same time.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at NeoLife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

M-F Work Schedule, Free Supplements, Competitive Compensation and Benefits

Cons

Family owned and managed; executives and senior managers are not allowed to be fully effective in their positions. The corporate office is crippled by a pervasive "fear culture" where employees' job security depends upon keeping a low profile and not expressing opinions or suggestions that do not comply with the family management's beliefs or perceptions.

Advice to Management

Replace "fear culture" with one where integrity is valued AND practiced; allow non-family executives and managers to make decisions without being micro-managed. Encourage open and honest communication without fear of reprisals or termination. VERIFY information regarding employment decisions rather than relying hear-say and misinformation.