NeoLife Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
NeoLife CEO Kendra Brassfield
Kendra Brassfield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great place to learn and make an impact"

Current Employee - Vice President of Technology in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Technology in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At NeoLife you will have multiple opportunities to work with a broad network of teams and reach customers around the world. NeoLife is a mission driven company that prioritizes personal transformation and success.

Cons

NeoLife is going through a cultural transformation and despite being in business for almost 60 years the teams can feel like a group of startups. There is plenty of cross team support and many people bridge multiple teams but this can feel unstructured especially for people seeing NeoLife as an "old company". My advice is to developer a strong set of personal goals and seek opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would personally love to see more outreach in the form of hosting Meetups and offering developer training (for non developers as well), but this would only be to expand on the already great community outreach and team building efforts.

2. "Looking for a full time position with can work with my family. and our need for benefits,"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the products, I love the science behind Neo- life all the way. I love the management staff and the vision of the company. I want others to share in what I have shared. Louis Smilt l and Linda Burr know my story,

Cons

Moving from southern California and having my younger son stay home with friend. He is in a hip hip program at school and is excelling, He is also in a double honors program for high school my older son Joshua was recently moved into a group home in Garden Grove he is doing well there due to autism.

Advice to Management

I love the Management

3. "Design Intern"

Pros

Calm, focused environment—optimal for working. Everyone on the team was kind and helpful!

Cons

Work office is on the dim side

4. "Job Review"

I have been working at NeoLife full-time

Pros

The people are the greatest

Cons

I wouldn't change a thing....

Advice to Management

I have worked at NeoLife International for nearly a year now and I love it! I have learned so much overall. I love the people I work with on a daily basis. It is amazing how the day flies by when you actually enjoy what you do.

"Incredible company with supportive management and welcoming employee culture"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never been so excited to work for an organization. This company REALLY cares about people and having a purpose. They are on a mission to make the world a better place, a happier and healthier place. Not only are their cultural values inspiring, the employees are all so nice! I immediately felt so welcome and appreciated here. The CEO is completely down to earth and so encouraging. The management here is VERY invested in people and in developing as a team, not just making a profit. Instead of focusing on just results, they care about helping us grow and learn. The entire experience of working here is just incredible.

One of the huge benefits of working here that I'm just thankful for every day is that they make their nutritional supplements freely available at work! Not only are they committed and passionate about selling quality products, but they make sure their employees are able to take full advantage of them too. I've struggled with a ton of health problems and working here has definitely helped with them. It's cool to see how the typical employee here raves about the products just as much as the sales team. It's not just hype.

This company has been around for 58 years and is really big globally. They're not well-known in North America yet so they're just begun to focus on expansion here, and they are about to go through a huge expansion in this market. This means they are very unique in that not only do they have those decades of stability, but their expansion means there are also some big career opportunities here.

Did I mention I'm super excited to be working here?

Cons

Beware, you might catch the vision. It's possible that you may fall in love with your job and become so passionate that you can't pull yourself away.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing.

"I love being part of this amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time

Pros

It has been such a blessing and privilege to be part of this amazing company! I can not thank my manager enough for all the support and positive attitude. I love the mission and what we all work here for. I could never ask for more.

Cons

Wish some employees here could focus on the positive things that we have in this company rather then picking on small matters that can be resolved easily.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating this peaceful and family oriented space for all of us!

7. "You Have to Work Hard"

Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NeoLife (More than 8 years)

Pros

You Can Make a Lot of Money

Cons

You have to work all the time..commission

Advice to Management

Lower Prices..easier to sell

NeoLife Response

Jan 20, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Hello there. Thank you for your review. However, we don't have any employee positions with commissions based pay. You may be writing as an Independent Distributor of NeoLife products or alternatively... More

"New perspective is a good thing, but needs consistent strategy."

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leadership: New hires of younger generations are updating many aged processes and assumptions. Certain departments have solid leadership, but see cons regarding capability verses freedom. The leadership does appear to care for their employees.
    Building: Fairly easy to get to from 880, and the South Bay. Work is done in an office or a cubical with high five and half foot walls. Don't expect open work spaces if you're into that.
    Traveling to the office: Is fairly painless if you work locally but see cons for issues.

Cons

Leadership: Communication isn't great. Certain leadership feel scared to be transparent or voice opinions in fear it counters ownerships ideas, which are at best, an outline on some wall somewhere. at least, it feels like that. Feels like there is a lot of shooting from the hip. Leadership tends to need to travel due to the nature of business, however there is no one left to make critical decisions with each department. Feels like ownership doesn't know how to train leaders who train leaders.
    Building: Does not have handicap access to upstairs. Ventilation is old and some rooms and offices are connected to the same thermostat, but are different sizes, which means someone is always either too hot or too cold.
    Traveling to the office: It's getting more and more crowded in Fremont and getting to the office takes a whole lot longer than it use to.

Advice to Management

Stop shooting from the hip. Ask your employees for reviews on you.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA

I have been working at NeoLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere and people at NeoLife are awesome. Everyone has each others best interest in mind and employees are recognized for a job well done. Health Benefits beat most others I have seen. This is a place where your ideas will be heard and you can be passionate about the work you are doing because NeoLife's Nutrition products help so many people all over the world. Perks like free supplements and snacks. My health has improved a lot since being on the products. I lost 30lbs and have been able to keep it off through our weight management program. Lots of fun at employee events like our summer party where there is corn hole, flip cup, and other fun games. Fast paced environment - high quality work is expected and also rewarded. It really feels like a family.

Cons

Sometimes the work load can be tough. They definitely expect everyone to put in 100% and deliver consistently. Good thing is that there isnt anyone who asks this of you without doing it themselves.

Advice to Management

I don't find this to be the case personally but notice that there are some people who are too timid to voice their opinions so it would be good if you could communicate more often how much you value new and innovative ideas. I know that you do based on feedback I get.

"Great products, good benefits and even better people!"

I have been working at NeoLife full-time

Pros

The quality in the nutritional supplements are excellent! They really put the time, research and resources to create products along with a new, fresh look we can be proud of. Good vacation, medical, dental and 401k benefits. It's a fun group of people to work with who truly care about each other.

Cons

Like with many companies, things can get hectic at times so plan vacations in advance but there's a lot of good team work and you're also recognized and appreciated for your efforts.

Advice to Management

The future looks brighter each year, looking forward to it!