Neopost USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Alain Fairise

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Unethical policies that affect the customer, abysmal customer service, management is ineffective and clueless on how to properly manage AR (in 7 reviews)

• No recurring revenue for the sales team (in 6 reviews)

1. "Long Term EE's & Great Work-Life Balance"

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time

Pros

I'm often introduced to more and more employees that have been at Neopost for 8+ years. The company has done something right to retain so many long-term employees.

Benefits are great, and I particularly like tuition reimbursement. Hours are very good and closed on the weekend which makes my position ideal for balancing work and life commitments. I really enjoy the people I work with too!

Cons

There are a lot of changes as we grow toward new goals, but I like that the company is innovative and seek feedback of their employees. Some things take time, but they seem committed to improving and growth as a company.

Advice to Management

Continue measuring engagement and seeking feedback from employees. When we see changes at the ground level, it feels like we have been heard. I personally value the transparency and honesty.

2. "Sales Training"

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time

Pros

Very friendly environment and upbeat! The company has a nice mixture of folks with different skill sets and in various stages of their career--which is refreshing! They are very open to new ideas or suggestions and advocate for you to do your best work. I tell everyone who will listen that this is my dream job!

Cons

In my short time here, I have not found anything I would consider a 'con!' It's a large company with a small company feel--meaning it takes its business seriously, but appreciates the employees and their contributions.

Advice to Management

None...they have been very accommodating and have an open door policy!

3. "Definition of MicroManagement"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products with limited travel

Cons

Employees aren't trusted to do their jobs autonomously. Management requires the review and approval of all proposals over $10K. As the company makes the transition into solution based selling; products are introduced without truly understanding sales cycles and/or implementation. No matter how many things you do right, they will always find something to scrutinize.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring high school graduates. No need for a higher education degree when management is required to review and edit everything.

4. "Operations Trainer"

I worked at Neopost USA full-time

Pros

Good benefits, weekends off, and laid back environment.

Cons

Systems outdated and processes very convoluted.

5. "Account Executive"

I worked at Neopost USA full-time

Pros

Good people and reasonable hours.

Cons

Low base, unrealistic quotas, no real game plan other than cold calling businesses.

6. "Long time former employee"

I worked at Neopost USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great people, decent benefits, great potential to evolve with new market demands

Cons

awful middle and senior management, laughable pay

Advice to Management

I worked for Neopost for many years and I have a great many positive experiences and good things to say about the company. However there are glaring deficiencies that keep this company from being its best version of itself.

Treat your Admins like adults, not children - you've hired too many people at the Supervisor, Manager and Director levels who practice the worst kind of micromanagement I've ever seen. Trust the people in the trenches, they know whats going on and are the true barometer of performance.

Stop the p*ssing matches between the VP's: its obvious, no one likes it, and it doesn't help morale.

Pay people what they are worth. I've seen good employee after good employee walk out of that place primarily because they do not pay well. It's an embarrassment.

Evolve your HR policies and benefits, especially if you want to attract younger workers, vital to the survival of the company.

Ramp up your technology, for a company touting itself to be on the cutting edge of communications technology, the fact that a large portion of your office workers just got off of windows XP less than two years ago is ridiculous.

I write these things because of the positive experiences I've had with Neopost and see the potential for it to be a truly special place to work, as the people there are some of the nicest and hard working people I've ever come across in a workplace.

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Kannah, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Kannah, CO

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to earn your potential

Cons

Decrease in the industry overall but good oppertunity got competitive take aways

Advice to Management

Be more competitive in pricing. Understand the changing market place. Develop better solutions for mail processing at lower rates. A a a a a a a a a a a. A a

8. "Great Opportunity & Fantastic Workplace"

Current Employee - Workflow Analyst
    Current Employee - Workflow Analyst

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment for development and growth, unlimited income potential, excellent training programs, team selling approach

Cons

No recurring revenue for the sales team. Need to start at ground level every year

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and develop good people. Invest in new solutions and products to keep our competitive edge

9. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-good benefits, including 401k match
    -regular employee meetings, recognition lunches and incentive programs
    -high level of team spirit
    -employees get along and genuinely like each other
    -good opportunities for advancement
    -new office in a convenient location

Cons

-may be a 'Con' for some people---employees need to like working in a fast paced, call-center, ever-changing environment.

"Excellent Company with Strong Career Path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Pays extremely fair
     - Excellent diversity programs promoting inclusivity and employee retention
     - Excellent hours (7A-6P M-F) with paid holidays
     - Excellent time off benefits, medical benefits and 401K with company match
     - Promotes from within with many career paths to choose: Sales, Service, Customer Service, Management, Training, etc

Cons

- The only constant is change. Neopost is in the process of transforming itself to be a more marketable presence which can push individuals outside of their comfort zone. If you look for complacency, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

- Look for programs to grow, mentor and retain talent
     - Look for ways to maximize employee involvement in programs, playing to individual's strengths