Neovest Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bryce Byers

1. "Quality Assurance Automation Intern"

Former Employee - QA Automation Intern in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - QA Automation Intern in Orem, UT

I worked at Neovest part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and friendly atmosphere. Everyone works together and is willing to help out a new member of the team. Not micromanaged; they give you jobs to do and expect you to work on them but don't breath down your neck which allows me to work most optimally. They are funny people to work with and you look forward to the team meetings. Popcorn making fridays! Central location. Summer work parties! Feel great job worth and satisfaction in knowing that your job is important and valued to the company.

Cons

Too much free food and I put on some lbs which is self inflicted. Gets really cold with the AC cranked up.

Advice to Management

Really great job ensuring that your office vibes stay great from the beginning onward. I always felt appreciated in the work I was doing. All of the QA management worked well together and with me. Thank you for the opportunity.

"Neovest contractors"

Current Employee - Contractor in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Contractor in Orem, UT

I have been working at Neovest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My boss is hands off which allows me to be self-driven. Vacation is plentiful and we are expected to use it all. Flexible work hours with in reason.

Cons

Pay is lean. The company is a subsidiary of JP Morgan yet half of employees are contracted long term with little to no chance at becoming permanent. There is a huge discrepancy between the contractors and permanent personal.

Advice to Management

Contractors should be better compensated to make up for the benefit difference between JP Morgan employees and consultants. This would reduce turnover in a valley where opportunity abounds.

3. "One foot in, one foot out"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orem, UT
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orem, UT

I worked at Neovest as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun environment, even though they are owned by a big corporation it doesn't feel completely corporate.

Cons

I was on contract, so no medical benefits to speak of. Try as I might, I could not get hired on as an actual employee over many years and it appeared that was never going to happen.

Advice to Management

Give more training and opportunities to grow and progress. There was periodic talk of changes being made to accommodate and appease those of us in the lower ranks, but there was never any real change in what you were doing, and certainly no new training to help you understand what to do to actually advance. There was no long term excitement or opportunity for me.

4. "Software Development Intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Orem, UT
    Current Intern - Intern in Orem, UT

I have been working at Neovest as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment
    Very flexible work schedule.
    Feels like the business is doing well and has a bright future
    Job experience that looks great on a resume

Cons

It's not a startup or a 'hip' place, so no pool tables in the lounge or anything like that (they do have some work parties)
    The nearby places to eat aren't cheap (Five Guys burgers or WhichWich) not expensive, just not cheap like Taco Bell or Wendy's

Advice to Management

Keep it up

5. "Great Company to gain experience"

Former Intern - Software Quality Assurance in Provo, UT
    Former Intern - Software Quality Assurance in Provo, UT

I worked at Neovest as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

They helped you learn java, were very patient and were flexible with school schedules. Very laid back atmosphere, and great work/life balance which is important, especially as a student.

Cons

The lack of structure in some of the projects made it difficult at times to know where to go at some points, especially early on. Sometimes when you needed help with a project you were working on, it could take a long time to find the right person to help you.

Advice to Management

Organize the work flow a little better in such a way that when a project is completed, the employee may know what the next step is and doesn't hit any lulls in the day. Overall great experience and good managers!

"Good Safe Company"

Former Contractor - QA Tester in Orem, UT
    Former Contractor - QA Tester in Orem, UT

I worked at Neovest as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very scrappy, able to accomplish what they need to with limited resources. Great people to work with. The most flexible company I've had an opportunity to work for. Never asked for more than 40 hours a week, worked with school schedules and family life. The work atmosphere is quiet for the most part and divided up with shared cubicles providing limited distraction.

Cons

Very old school, little to no opportunity to learn new technologies. Slow transitions for career advancement. No time to tackle tech debt, always chasing the fires. When looking for assistance on a task or project you could end up being sent around to talk to just about everyone in the company.

7. "People and Technology are great"

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Orem, UT
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Orem, UT

I worked at Neovest as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology and business. The company and other employees are interested in and supportive of introducing new technologies if they are a good fit for the problem. People were great to work with and were very helpful when just starting. The company cares about the success of all their employees and treat contractors the same as their regular employees. They work to maintain a fun company culture.

Cons

Because there were many different applications to support, work tended to be somewhat silo'ed with each developer handling separate applications.

8. "Great company, with great opportunities"

Current Intern - QA Intern in Orem, UT
    Current Intern - QA Intern in Orem, UT

I have been working at Neovest as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Super flexible with schedules, people here are amazing, can't find a better work environment anywhere

Cons

As an intern you can't really complain about benefits and things like that because, well, you're an intern. You're pretty happy to be getting paid at all

9. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Orem, UT

Pros

Still has the feel of a small company - each individual can make a real difference.

The challenge to satisfy market demands is real, the work is rewarding, and the opportunities to affect the market are good. The people and culture here are also a big plus.

Management seems to do a good job of informing employees about the business' goals and performance as a whole.

Cons

Employee feedback on individual performance is somewhat vague. Performance management is seen by management more or less as an evil that has to be tolerated rather than a useful tool to help individuals grow.

Employee improvement is pretty much up to the employee - the company doesn't necessarily facilitate skills development through training, conferences, pilot programs, etc. I have seen a few individuals sent to industry (i.e., software development) conferences, but that is the exception rather than the rule. Other than that I have not witnessed any real employee training.

Advice to Management

Communicate more about individual performance, focus more on encouraging skills development.

10. "Great place to intern."

Former Employee - Intern in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Intern in Orem, UT

Pros

Good learning experience as an intern. Flexible with work to allow for school.

Cons

Small chances for advancement from intern to full-time.

Advice to Management

It was a great learning experience but had little opportunity to join the company after internship.