KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Neptune Society Reviews

Updated May 22, 2022

Found 95 of over 102 reviews

3.7
Neptune Society President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Nicholson (no image)
Tim Nicholson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Pay and schedule , great manager and support staff(in 3 reviews)
  • "Stability, financially rewarding, and comprehensive benefits(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Industry Leader in Valuing it's Employees

Apr 19, 2022 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company cares about it's employees. Neptune compensates it's funeral directors very well, and constantly strives to help us be the leaders in pay and benefits. working with families, being given the tools to succeed is a huge gift, knowing that we have resources is calming. It can get chaotic, but at the end of the day, our teams lift each other up.

Cons

Even though work-life balance is something that the company shares and they want for its employees, it's difficult to achieve with limited employees; however, this is an opportunity for conversation. Our corporate office will listen, they will speak to it's employees directly - including the CEO of SCI Direct and SCI corporate. There are challenges, especially with additional responsibilities being added every year, but the company will work with us and support us.

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as an employee for Neptune Society. We are glad to hear of your positive experience with the company. Thanks to hard working, dedicated employees like you, Neptune Society has become an employer of choice across the country. We know our employees are our best assets and truly appreciate all you do. Keep up the great work!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Corporate, lousy communication and terrible policy. Pay is high because of high turnover and horrible work conditions.

May 11, 2022 - Mental Health Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked OT and saved up for a couple of years and then quit to work for less somewhere with better work conditions. Everyone I know that values their mental health did the same. Neptune continues to try to combat this turnover with offering more money instead of changing their policies and work environment. They make more money tho so it's still more profitable to throw money at problems then fix what's causing it. You can't put a price on ethics.

Cons

They do not value people either in life or death

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Neptune Society. We do pride ourselves on being a professional and reputable company and we are regretful to learn that this has not always been your experience at the location. We appreciate your service with the company.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Industry to Work In

May 22, 2022 - Office Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Assisting families during their time of loss was a fulfilling.

Cons

Learn as you go training does not work for everyone. Detailed and up to date training would benefit the administration staff.

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your experience as an employee with Neptune Society. We are pleased to hear you have had a positive experience since you started working with us. We would especially like to thank you for your feedback on our training program. As a company we understand how valuable training is to set the foundation of success for a new employee.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sleep your way to the top

Apr 23, 2022 - Office Manager in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

decent salary and rarely had to work weekends and no holidays

Cons

Snakes people. abusive funeral directors and upper management didn’t care

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with Neptune Society. We pride ourselves in having strong ethical values and integrity in all of our offices across the country.

5. 5.0

Great Company

Mar 10, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensated well and appreciated by upper management

Cons

None that I can think of.

2 people found this review helpful

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Neptune Society. We do pride ourselves on being a professional and reputable company and we are regretful to learn that this was not your experience with us. Since 2017, we have been awarded a Great Place to Work for three years in a row.

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Feb 28, 2022 - Open Position in Kalispell, MT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Makes lots of money every month

Cons

Micro managed every day from the top to the bottom

Neptune Society Response

Response: Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with Neptune Society. Our employees are the company’s most valuable asset.

7. 4.0

Good Company

Jan 10, 2022 - Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay, good place to grow.

Cons

Employees can be hard to work with sometimes. Also, the work is more than what you get paid for.

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Neptune Society. We value our administrative staff as a crucial element to our functioning sales office. We realize that the sales team would not be as successful if not for all the hard work that is achieved on the administrative side.

8. 5.0

Great Opportunity to Help People

Nov 10, 2021 - Pre-Arrangement Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wake up every morning knowing that what I'm going to do is help people prepare for a very difficult day in their loved ones' lives. I determine my pay (100% commission) by how much I help people.

Cons

Not a good fit for those who cannot manage their own time. (This is also a "pro" if you do not want a manager breathing down your neck.) You sometimes have to work "after hours."

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on your experience with Neptune Society. Our customers are the most valuable part of our business and it takes caring, compassionate employees like you to really show our customers how much they mean to our company. We continue to provide flexibility with schedules and are proud of our unlimited commission earning structure. We are glad you have a positive outlook on your experience thus far with Neptune Society and we look forward to your continued success. Thank you for being a loyal employee.

9. 5.0

Protecting Families

Nov 10, 2021 - Sales in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is rewarding that we provide a service which is to protect families from expense and decisions at the time of passing.

Cons

You get out what you put in, if not looking for some long days or odd hours, this is not a 9-5 gig.

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for taking the time to review Neptune Society. We proudly offer our sales team to work independently with the freedom to create their own schedule. The sales opportunity with The Neptune Society is designed to allow true sales people to take control of their financial destiny. We do this through a competitive total compensation program that allows our sales professionals to maximize earnings.

10. 5.0

Great place to work!

Nov 10, 2021 - Pre-Arrangement Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of support for training and service knowledge. Service is very helpful to families in need. Great top end bonuses.

Cons

It is commision only but a pro if you manage your time well.

Neptune Society Response

Thank you for your review and positive feedback on the Neptune Society. We are glad your experience with us has been a good one.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Reviews

Neptune Society Reviews FAQs

Neptune Society has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 102 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Neptune Society to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Neptune Society employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Neptune Society. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

65% of Neptune Society employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Neptune Society 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Neptune Society to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Neptune Society Job Seekers