Nesco Resource Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 30, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Timothy McPherson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Steady Full-time Work, Growth Opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• They placed me at a great company with super benefits and longevity with the company (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of communication and training (in 3 reviews)

• You can do better than this company in Dallas to say the least (in 3 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist (Former) in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist (Former) in Omaha, NE

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for advancement (encouraged)
    Close-knit, fun group
    Reasonable pay
    Excellent benefits
    Awesome boss
    Great location
    Something new everyday

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed working for NESCO as a recent International Business (UNL) graduate in 2008-2009. The hiring process was fairly painless, but very comprehensive. I had an interview with the Branch Manager; then a follow up interview with the Branch Manager and her manager. I was hired and began within a few weeks (I was coming from another job; may have been able to start earlier).

Upon hiring there was extensive HR paperwork (no more or less than any other job) and very comprehensive training. After in-house training, the company sent me to a sister location to train with another Business Development Specialist. This was invaluable. I got to see exactly how he interacted with potential clients, structured his day, and achieved success. I also went on calls with my Branch Manager, which was not only eye-opening. Initially, I said very little so that I could concentrate on her interaction with Clients. Once we got back to the car or office, I would pepper her with questions to further increase my understanding. After a few days or so, the Branch Manager encouraged me to be more active in our meetings. No lie, I was terrified at first! After a few, it became much more comfortable and I began to take the lead.

After training (which was at least 3-4 weeks, including my week at the sister branch and training with my co-workers who had a different function. This helped me to understand the big picture), I began to make calls on my own. The Branch Manager gave me plenty of guidance (best areas to peruse, etc) and our internal client database allowed me to scope out past interactions before I visited or called a potential client.

You may have noticed the dates that I worked; unfortunately this was in the midst of an increasingly souring economy. Although, I was making many calls and had many potential leads I was not making many sales. This was incredibly frustrating to me, but I was encouraged by the Branch Manager's feedback. In fact, within 4 or so months of working there, my Branch Manager and her boss sat me down to inform me that they were considering me for an out-of-state promotion! I was absolutely floored! They began working with me more on specifics for the new position.

Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. I was laid off in 2009 but continue to keep in touch with my NESCO family (I should have mentioned also how great my coworkers were; more on that below).

Now I am a small business owner in Honolulu and can't thank NESCO enough for many of the skills I developed during my time there. I am INCREDIBLY comfortable asking for the sale (closing) and initiating contact with new clients. Every time I am back in Nebraska (once or twice a year), I contact my former Branch Manager and meet her and my former co-workers for lunch or dinner. I literally see them more than I see some of my high school/college friends, hahaha.

NESCO is a great place to work, but you must work. You are given a lot of instruction and training in the beginning, but after that you are given A LOT of space to establish relationships and nurture existing ones. I couldn't disagree more with the other Business Development Specialist's review. My guess is that s/he wasn't there that long, barely got through training, and probably didn't do his/her job well (i.e.: staying on task when you're out of the office). I NEVER felt micromanaged and I worked at a job previous to this for YEARS with a boss who seriously micromanaged me. I think the other reviewer needs to get a reality check.

My coworkers: They were fantastic! I literally have never stayed in touch with former co-workers (who I didn't become close friends with) for more than a year after leaving a job. I am much younger than my former co-workers, but never was made to feel like I didn't belong. Just the opposite: they cheered for me when I brought back exiting news, encouraged me when I ran into obstacles, and seemed interested in my life outside of work. As mentioned previously, I see them EVERY TIME I am back in Omaha.

If you are considering working here, I would highly recommend it! Good Luck!

Cons

This is not a job for someone who is uncomfortable in a sales position. Sure, there's some nervousness at first no matter your comfort level, but if you are not cut out for sales, this job is not for you.

Along those same lines, there is a lot of rejection. You must be able to use what you can (any constructive criticism) and forget the rest.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work! I think it would help to have one-on-one meetings every so often, so that the employee can get pointed insight.

2. "Great overall experience with very talented team!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Akron, OH

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I received great training with Nesco and worked with very talented individuals. It's sales and it's not an easy job, but prove yourself and you will have the freedom to be creative in using your talents. The company recognizes hard work and treats their staff really well. My overall experience with this company was wonderful.

Cons

Long hours and the work can get repetitive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

3. "Great Place to Work and Solid Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nesco Resource is an outstanding place to work and a great place to advance your career. Management (both local and the President) are open to new ideas that will help grow revenue and advance the careers of their employees.

Nesco provides a very good work life balance and understands that you do have a life outside of the office and they don't require you to work excessive hours.

All of their systems are web based so you have the ability to work after hours or over the weekend to make as much money as you want. This is left completely up to the individual and management does not push this on anyone.

Overall I would recommend Nesco to anyone that is professional, has the drive to make money, has a passion for helping people, and wants to advance their career in the staffing industry.

Cons

Non that are worth noting.

4. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent and amazing company to work for. There is a real family attitude toward every employee.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Overall a company I highly recommend.

5. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Packager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Packager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They placed me at a great company with super benefits and longevity with the company. I would highly recommend Nesco Resource if you're looking for a job! They did a really good job of matching me with a shift, location and pay that I needed to have.

Cons

This companies location is rather difficult to find as I drove right by it but other than that no real problems with them.

Advice to Management

application process is a bit long. Need to have an online application where I can upload a resume from home and be able to see what jobs you have available.

6. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Industry training and opportunities to better yourself. Family atmosphere between locations making it easy grow the company and your own branch by sharing information and ideas. Upper management from president down the line is always available to talk to and work out problems without fear. Company focus is on growth so they provide ways for you to grow your location, always on top of new technology and industry influences.Great health benefits.

Cons

The work load will demand long hours at times.

7. "GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nesco Resource is a great national staffing company. They are personable- (not an online company). When we interview, we interview person by person in person!! Not only do we help people find employment, we help clients find the great talent they are looking for.

Cons

Possibly improving on benefits would be a huge plus, it may also attract more employees to our great growing company!

8. "Employees always come first!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Nesco Resource for over 3 years and find them to be very helpful and family oriented from Upper Management down to 1st Line Management. Their professionalism and personnel are top notch.

Cons

Some positions require very long hours which at times can interfere with morale and quality family time. No other cons for this company.

9. "This is a really good company to work for in a very tough industry!"

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NESCO Resource takes great care of both the clients they serve as well as the employees that they send out on assignment. NESCO Resource management and branch employees operate with a high level of integrity and professionalism.

Cons

The nature of the staffing industry can often put a high level of stress on internal employees to perform above and beyond expectations.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the compensation package for internal branch staff is always competitive and is in line with industry averages so there is not a negative effect on staff retention.

10. "Great way to get your foot in the door!"

Current Employee - Operator in Marysville, MI
    Current Employee - Operator in Marysville, MI

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entry level factory work is what I was looking for. I didn't know how to go about getting work without experience and the staff helped me out. I really like working as an operator and soon I should be hired in to the company I was placed at as a temp. Nesco also offered me health insurance.

Cons

None that I can think of.