Nesco Resource Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Timothy McPherson

Pros
  • They placed me at a great company with super benefits and longevity with the company (in 5 reviews)

• Co-workers, knowing more than your executives, good work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of communication and training (in 3 reviews)

• You can do better than this company in Dallas to say the least (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great learning experience"

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate backing, boutique feel
    Minimal "red tape"
    Focuses on client needs versus corporate metrics

Cons

No management style training
    Operates very lean in-house

Advice to Management

Empower your staff, don't stifle them.

2. "BDM"

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time

Pros

Privately Owned Mid-Sized company allowed for decisions to be made quickly. Great people to work with in a ever changing industry.

Cons

Base Salary was a bit low for the Market compared to others.

3. "Staffing specialist"

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time

Pros

It's a great way to help people find a job but the supervisors lie about everything and pretend to care when they don't and the coworkers will tell on you for things you do even if you didn't know that wasn't allowed they will tell you it's ok for you to do it and then write you up for it!?!?!? It left me beside myself I haven't ever seen a manager say that fine and then write you up for it.

Cons

The people that work for the company are all fake and don't really expect or provide adequate training to new employees

Advice to Management

Keep the "clicks" or your personal lives apart from the business because it's not very inviting to new employees and be honest about what is really going on instead of lying to your employees or coworkers

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a job. Entry level experience in recruiting..... most of the other recruiters are a pleasure to work with and are good people.

Cons

Terrible company culture. Worst benefits i have ever seen at a company. Unbelievable how badly they treat people.

If you are considering employment at Nesco resource, do so with the understanding that it is a "Club" environment. The management at nesco are probably the worst i have ever had the displeasure of working with. They are there own worst enemy and will funnel all of their own problems and frustrations on to you without rationality. The environment is a hostile dictatorship. They try to make you sign a non-compete which has zero purpose in protecting any of their own business interests and instead is intended to ensure you simply do not recruit anywhere else so that they can own you. If you absolutely need a job, it's something but other than that it has been the worst employment of my professional career.

Advice to Management

If certain management has a track record of employee abuse, High turnover and poor performance, you should fire them despite personal relationships..... but you wont.

6. "Production Associate"

Former Employee - Production Associate in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Livonia, MI

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady Full-time Work, Growth Opportunities

Cons

Low hourly wage, Communication, Non-consistency

Advice to Management

Communication

7. "IT Security"

Current Employee - IT Security in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - IT Security in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

they were very accessible and responded quickly to any concerns

Cons

no cons about the company

"Staffing Specialist"

Pros

None to really think of. The only thing I can think of, is that my co-workers and clients were nice.

Cons

Do not work for the them in the Arizona market, the management is horrible in Tempe/Peoria. They lie to you and bark at you like a dog. Also, most of your day is doing administrative work. For a large company, they are very paper driven. Go with another staffing agency & you will have better luck & more success.

"Professional Recruiter"

Former Employee - Professional Recruiter
    Former Employee - Professional Recruiter

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. Benefits are ok and start after 30 days. Above average pay. Nothing else that I can think of.

Cons

The only good thing about this company is the training. The training is done out at the training facility in Florida and everything is paid for which is pretty cool. It is long and thorough but worth it in the end. Once I got back to my office there was nothing but drama and micromanaging. Compared to being in retail which was less stressful this was beyond stressful. Every five minutes my boss was breathing down my neck asking me what I was doing. With the stressful environment and the drama going on between the employees and my boss was overwhelming. Not only that the company over went some changes recently where they changed the professional recruiters to staffing specialist. In reality the companies sales are down over 100k and the direction of the company is not looking good. They have laid people off in the past and closed branches as well while I was there and there is very high turnover. Do your research and ask appropriate questions when taking an interview. The pay is not industry standard. Upper management seems to care but really has no idea what is going on in the offices that they are over looking. I ended up leaving to go be with a competitor and I am more than happy. No more having to deal with the nonsense anymore. There is money to be made in the industry but not with Nesco Resource.

Advice to Management

Figure it out.

10. "warehouse worker"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Nesco Resource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is very willing to assist

Cons

It is hard work for small pay

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Professional Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Nesco Resource full-time

Pros

Not high expectations to meet here. Work independently most of the time. Healthcare and benefits were provided.

Cons

Management is unprofessional, cheap, they lie and they only care if you can make them money. Even if you do make money they still will find shady ways to release someone. If your banking on commission to make up for the below average salary think again. The hours are long and not worth the pay. The stress of working here and not making commission isn't worth it. They will tell you its a stressful job but its a lot of negative energy from the company management to deal with everyday. HR is a joke here. You can do better than this company in Dallas to say the least.

Advice to Management

Get new management in Dallas and maybe someone will succeed.