Nespresso USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Nespresso USA President and CEO Guillaume Le Cunff
Guillaume Le Cunff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company with great benefits" (in 17 reviews)

• "Weekly pay, free coffee all day, and nice and respectful customers" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Mancome stresses a work life balance but for many there is no such thing" (in 4 reviews)

• "All of upper management seems to support new direction" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company that I have ever worked for!"

Pros

Nespresso USA is a company that puts their people first. This is a company that I wish to remain at until I retire. After 6 years I am still excited about my job. Opportunities are endless if you put in the effort. Excellent benefits. Feels like a true work family.

Cons

There are a handful of negative employees as you find anywhere, no matter how many opportunities are presented before them they will never be happy. Success is not something that is handed, it must be earned.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work with putting employees first.

Hello,

Congratulations on six-years at Nespresso USA. It’s great to read about your excitement for your job and support for our company – we appreciate all of your hard work and dedication. Our... More

"A company that cares"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Portland, OR

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been a team lead manager at a boutique in a mall for about a year and a half now. It's challenging to learn all of the policies and procedures and technology but I always feel supported, encouraged and recognized by management (all the way up to corporate) whenever I have questions or need help. Sometimes there is a delay or no current answer but I always feel validated in asking for help. Someone is always willing to help when needed. I would describe the culture as "We're all in this together, so let's help each other."

Nespresso boutiques feel like a still very new branch in America and as such there is a lot of opportunity to be a part of creating new and improving existing policies and procedures. I definitely feel heard here and have already seen many improvements. It's clear they have good intentions and care about each employee's experience.

Advancement opportuniy is encouraged through self-driven personal development planning with your direct manager and is a priority. However, the exact advancement process is currently unclear and confusing. This year, I see that they are working on developing a clearer path. Succession planning is definitely a priority here.

The bonus structure and raises are generous, timely and consistent. No complaints there.

The benefits are many and as such can be overwhelming to navigate through and take advantage of but once you understand them all, it's more benefits in more areas of life than I've ever experienced or even heard of! I feel like every time I turn around, they're giving us something! Here are a few of my favorites:
    Free machines & coffee
    401K matching
    HSA contribution and investment opportunities
    FSA account
    Inexpensive and really good family medical/vision/dental
    14 weeks paid maternity leave
    Tuition reimbursement

I fully intend to stay with this company as long as possible, hopefully to retirement!

Cons

Still figuring some things out but with good intentions.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the little guys, we appreciate it! Thanks for all the benefits!

Mar 15, 2019 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello Team Lead Manager,
    "We're all in this together, so let's help each other” is a great way to describe our culture at Nespresso USA. You are right, there is a lot of opportunity here to make an... More

3. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Nespresso USA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, good opportunities for advancement, great benefits.

Cons

Processes are sometimes too complicated.

Mar 15, 2019 – Nespresso Leadership

Dear Former Retail Sales Associate,
    Thank you for your complimentary review, it’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy our benefits, coffee and career opportunities at Nespresso USA. We’re... More

4. "On the edge, never stagnant. Constantly evolving."

Current Employee - Decision Support Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Decision Support Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Dynamic and constant changes keeps you on the edge due to constant growth. Spent almost 10 years and never felt monotonous. There’s so much changes going on, each role felt like a different job. The HR respects employees, the president is keen on transparency and one of the most open and frank, down to earth individuals.

No CEO suite and tie type corporate politically correctness. The message conveyed by CEO is always “It is what it is” and with an always open door approach. This reflects that the hierarchy pyramid at nespresso is upside down atleast from CEOs point of view.

I always admire this approach. Wether Steven Jobs, John Legere, they all have similar personalities, and I think this is the future. Employees in today’s age are much more consciously evolved and scripted and carefully crafted messages are not that effective. It’s just boring and can always see through it.

Employees are never laid off as a result of changes in business models. Nespresso always makes sure to find a way to make internal movements. Again clearly showing how they value their employees.

Cons

The company is growing tremendously fast. Thanks to some really evolutionary changes in the past two years. It’s growing faster and keeping the infrastructure in line with the growth is always an ongoing challenge.

Having spent 10 years, with so many management changes, each change for e.g manager comes in with their own set of expectations. Which is always an uphill battle.

Advice to Management

One of the core values of nespresso has always been the employee rights and flexibility of enabling employees to challenge and the ability of HR to look at things in an objective manner instead of looking at it subjectively. This is inherently a Nestle trait I think as there are so many layers that empower employees to contest. With so many changes and uphill battles and management changes, HR I feel should never compromise on these core strengths. This is what I feel what makes Nespresso among one of the best employee oriented companies out there to work with.

One area of improvement is the NBS (Nestle Business solutions) support team in Ukraine. Although, they do a tremendous job of supporting certain crucial functions. But there is a huge attrition issue. With their employees on an average keep moving about every six months. This has an impact on the business for many obvious reasons.

Nespresso HQ could perhaps come up with some
    Solutions to keep the NBS employees by identifying the core issue of attrition and come up with a solution. Ways to incentivize them to stay with business. For e.g such as accelerated career path sponsored by nespresso based on x criteria, on site visits to work closely with business or other ways to make them feel more valued and instead of just a support function, they are actually an extended part of the nespresso team.

Overall, I think Nespresso is still one of the best organizations out there and especially if you’re looking to challenge your self. Look. No further.

Hello,

Thank you for your 10-years at Nespresso USA, your positive and in-depth feedback shows that you have truly experienced a constantly evolving career and work environment at our company... More

5. "Very good and getting better."

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time

Pros

Strong brand identity within the Nestle organization. Entrepreneurial environment rewarding independent operators and self-motivated individuals. Culturally diverse with a strong European influence. Opportunities to grow within and beyond the operating company.

Cons

Despite its relative size policies, procedures, and processes alternate between start-up and global in maturity. Technology consistently hinders performance despite best intentions.

Advice to Management

Greater accessibility, authenticity, and inspiration will fuel the growth and innovation you desire and the business requires.

Hello,

Thank you for your positive feedback. It’s great to read that you have had good exposure to Nespresso USA’s strong brand identity, entrepreneurial environment, employee recognition... More

6. "New York"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits! Great coffee!! Career Opportunities!

Cons

Life balance is the biggest issue with Nespresso USA. There is absolutely no life balance.

Hello,

Thank you for your review, it’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy our benefits, coffee and career opportunities. I’d like to point out that our new ways of working and technology... More

7. "Wonderful"

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time

Pros

Forward thinking and a pleasure to work for

Cons

none at this current time

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience and recognizing Nespresso USA as “forward thinking and a pleasure to work for” – your feedback provides great motivation. We just launched a new... More

"European Boys Club with no care for tenured employees"

Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free Lunch
    Company Picnic
    Holiday Parties
    Monthly Socials
    Metro allowances

Cons

Little room to grow.
    Health insurance is expensive if you get hurt.
    Mancom dismissive about harrassment complaints
    Mancom dismissive about best practices - unless it comes from a European
    If you are not pretty or skinny, dont bother trying to get a raise
    If a person whom has been there for years whom always scored a 3/2 or 3/3 on their performance reviews and then starts scoring a 2/1 when a new manager comes in, you might want to question the new manager. There are many people who give there blood, sweat and tears at Corporate but are overlooked because the mostly foreign Mancom wants to bring in their friends. Mancome stresses a work life balance but for many there is no such thing.

Advice to Management

Listen to those whom helped grow the market before you got here. Additionally when you hire bad management, do something about it and get rid of them before they make your good staff leave, and they embarrass you when they lie about the numbers they are going to hit.

Mar 5, 2019 – Nespresso Leadership

Hello,

At Nespresso USA, it's important that we provide a secure and inclusive work environment for all of our employees. We have a diverse workforce where women currently make up more than half... More

9. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Nespresso USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve worked here for almost 4 years and could not have made a better decision.

Pros:
    - Generous benefits and time off structure
    - Fast paced weekends and holidays with enough downtime on slower weekdays to complete projects and tasks
    - Quarterly coffee/accessory credit and free machines
    - Attainable sales goals and team-focused atmosphere
    - Supportive management
    - Sustainability focused company practices that make you feel good about the organization’s place in the coffee industry

Cons

Cons:
    - Older POS software that takes some time to get used to
    - Typical retail negatives such as varying schedules and busy holiday/weekends
    - Isolated location which can feel removed from the rest of the United States division

Advice to Management

As a company we do a lot for the coffee industry around the world. We should do more through marketing to bring that story to our customer base!

Hello Assistant Manager,

Thank you for your almost four-years at Nespresso USA, it’s great to read that you enjoy our benefits, have a team-focused atmosphere and supportive management. It sounds... More

"Alright but don't say I didn't warn you about certain things."

Former Employee - Boutique Specialist in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Boutique Specialist in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Nespresso USA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, free coffee all day, and nice and respectful customers.

Cons

Hypocrisy, Favoritism, Bad Vibes, Unnecessary criticism, poor hours(Unless part time 30 or full time)

Advice to Management

Make employees feel like their work is appreciated. Give more hours, if it is requested.

Hello Nespresso Coffee Specialist,

I am glad you enjoyed our coffee, and had a positive experience working with our customers. To address your feedback about appreciation, I’d like to mention that... More