KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Nespresso USA Chief Executive Officer Alfonso Gonzalez Loeschen
Alfonso Gonzalez Loeschen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nespresso USA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great place for Coffee lovers

Mar 14, 2022 - Boutique Coffee Specialist in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Free machine after working for 3 months - Store Credit - Coffee during your shift/trying new releases - End of quarter bonus from work performance and secret shopper

Cons

- Could have used more organization in management. - Certain times, especially when it was slow, it would affect your Key Performance Indicators score.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Jul 25, 2022 - Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing experience so far yay

Cons

a little busy but its ok

Nespresso USA Response

Dear Marketing Specialist, I am glad to hear you have found working at Nespresso to be an “amazing experience.” really is a “great place to work so far.” Our people, yourself included, are what make Nespresso great. In regard to feeling busy, we have an abundance of resources and trainings, including learning & development topics to help manage your work in a way that minimizes stress, and can increase efficiency. I’d suggest speaking with your direct manager to explore these resources further. My inbox is always open should you want to discuss any ways in which we can improve on these topics or any others in the future. Please don’t hesitate to reach out. Sincerely, Alfonso Gonzalez CEO, Nespresso North America

3. 3.0

Current Nespresso Management

Jul 21, 2022 - Boutique Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nespresso is a fabulous place to work as it has great benefits, bonuses, and plenty of growing opertunitys. That being said "with the right management in place."

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, poor district manager for NW District. Expectation to work on days off and over 40+ hours a week. On call for your team every day. Last minute, disorganized and unprepared scheduled district meetings. Dm deligates last minute responsibilities / presentations onto general managers and if you dont comply will document "behaviors" regardless if what she's deligating is part of your job description or not. Dm late to all scheduled weekly reoccurring meetings. Current Management does not know how to motivate, inspire to grow current employees" which does not reflect Nestles traits. If you like being your managers minion, playing the "corporate popularity game"and being micromanaged this is the perfect time to join the NW District. Sad how Corporate Retail became clicky, gossipy over the last year. Increadibly disapointed on how Nespressos corporate culture changed the last 2 years with the turnover in management.

Nespresso USA Response

Dear Current Boutique Manager, I am so glad to read you find Nespresso to be a “fabulous place to work.” We take pride in our competitive compensation and benefits packages, which include excellent perks, like free coffee and machines. Regarding your comments on management, there is always value in continually training and developing our people, particularly managers. At Nespresso, we offer an abundance of trainings and re-trainings including learning and development geared specifically to people leaders to manage effectively and empathetically. I want to emphasize that Nespresso is dedicated to providing an environment that inspires and excites our employees. We value the contribution each employee makes to the overall culture at Nespresso and are always looking for ways to invest in our employees’ experience and growth. I value your feedback, and I hope you will take the opportunity to continue to engage with us directly. We offer several forums for listening and sharing, and together, we will work to address these points as a team. Sincerely, Alfonso Gonzalez CEO, Nespresso North America

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A work day at Nespresso

May 26, 2022 - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you can land a FullTime position here the benefits are good Health, Dental 401K matching, bonus's, Coffee & free machine perk.. Working here gives you a really good experience into what it's like to work for a big Global Corporation.> Pros & Cons. Sales team and most mangers are really nice. Retail hours are reasonable so you can have work life balance. Lots of learning opportunities and growth within the company if you are good at playing their game. Visually beautiful environment to work in.

Cons

Overall can be repetitive and they are super super focused on KPI's & VERY Money driven.Is there a way to be driven without it feeling so obvious? Upper management tended to be untrustworthy and are ineffective in handing situations. Long hours of standing on hard floor surfaces kills you in a short time. The company use to be very generous but over the years as it has grown to become less generous with pay, hours and perks of what they offer for employees. Can be rigid in their policies and procedures & their overall sales and accounting systems are completely antiquated and need serious replacing.

Nespresso USA Response

Dear Former Employee, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed summary of your time working as a Team Leader in San Francisco. Regarding pay, we take pride in our competitive Nestlé and Nespresso compensation and benefits packages, which we regularly review and update according to our employees needs and market benchmarks. On top of this, employees receive excellent perks, like free coffee and machines. Additionally, a flexible work schedule is important with a retail job and our flexible scheduling is a great example of how we actively encourage and implement ways of working to better support “work-life balance,” like you mention. In terms of growth, we strive to develop and promote our talent from within and are proud to be able to offer employees career advancement and mobility throughout the Nestlé USA organization. To your point on our systems, we are constantly working to improve our technology across the company, including our POS system, and always welcome feedback and ideas on how we can improve. And to your point on management styles, there is always value in continually training and developing our people, particularly managers. At Nespresso, we offer an abundance of trainings and re-trainings including learning and development geared specifically to people leaders to manage effectively and empathetically. Nespresso is dedicated to providing an environment that inspires and excites our employees. We value the contribution each employee makes to the overall culture at Nespresso and are always looking for ways to invest in the wellbeing of our employees. I value your feedback. Please reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further. Sincerely, Alfonso Gonzalez CEO, Nespresso North America

5. 4.0

Nespresso

Aug 25, 2022 - Senior Boutique Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

great teamwork positive workplace morale

Cons

Customer interactions Hard work is not very rewarding

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company with great product and passionate employees.

Aug 7, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Product is amazing, B Corp Certified, Not your typical retail, Managers have a set schedule.

Cons

Antiquated POS system, operations can be simplified.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Nespresso just like coffee leaves a bitter taste in your mouth but can be fixed with a little cream and sugar.

Jun 28, 2022 - Boutique Coffee Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee. Pay is weekly. Learned more about coffee.

Cons

Customers can be rude and entitled. Pay is just ok. Nessoft is a joke. The system Nespresso uses so we can sell you coffee always crashes or is really really really really really really slow. Constantly causes a lot of headaches for not only the employees but the consumer as well. Coffee stock! Always out of something or it’s discontinued and customers gets mad! Some machines are cheaply made like the vertuo next which always gets returned.

Nespresso USA Response

Dear Coffee Specialist, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are proud to offer our employees competitive compensation and a benefits package with excellent perks, like free coffee and machines. As you articulated, coffee is the heart of our business, and we take its quality extremely seriously. I’m glad to hear in this role, you’ve been able to expand your coffee knowledge – there is so much to learn! To your point on our systems, we are constantly working to improve our technology across our global network, including our POS system, Nessoft, as well as other backend Supply Chain systems to help ease the strain businesses like ours are facing on a macroeconomic scale when it comes to supply chain. As for Vertuo, our team has been laser focused on testing our machines to ensure they meet the highest standards. Please reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further. Sincerely, Alfonso Gonzalez CEO, Nespresso North America

8. 5.0

Great BCorp Company

Jul 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Putting People Planet AND Profit on the triple bottom line. This is a company that cares about all 3 but most especially the people.

Cons

Nespresso is fast-paced company, and that many not be for everyone. This is a company where you should be change agile and where each individual can make a difference.

Nespresso USA Response

Dear Current Employee, I couldn’t agree with you more. Nespresso really is a “Great BCorp Company” that cares about “people planet and profit,” The fast-paced environment you mention, allows us to do even more, making an even greater impact. Our people, yourself included, are what make Nespresso great and together, we can continue to be a force for good! My inbox is always open should you want to discuss any ways in which we can improve in the future. Please don’t hesitate to reach out. All my best, Alfonso Gonzalez CEO, Nespresso North America

9. 3.0

Okay

Sep 7, 2022 - Team Lead in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were the best thing about it

Cons

Poor management and training is just a bunch of modules that they want you to complete while on the sales floor

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Its fine

Aug 14, 2022 - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coffee perks nice sales Associates

Cons

Limited advancement to Promote through the company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 237 Reviews

Nespresso USA Reviews FAQs

Nespresso USA has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 248 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Nespresso USA to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Nespresso USA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Nespresso USA. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

75% of Nespresso USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nespresso USA 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Nespresso USA to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Nespresso USA Job Seekers